Rear deck suggestions

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 12332
this weekend i plan on deadening the rear deck to reduce the rattle at the sametime sealing it so no air gets through.

i need suggestion though. here are my options.

1. take out the rear deck. apply edead to the sheet of metal underneath and put the rear deck back on.

2. take out the rear deck. apply edead to the sheet of metal underneath. get a sheet of mdf and cut it in the shape of my rear deck. apply more edead underneat the mdf and put weather stripping around the edges. then put that in the place of the rear deck. i would carpet it of course.

i know option 2 would be a lot better but will all that work be necessary?

thanks in advance.

chad.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 2210
I'd personally go with number 2 but only if you feel pressure coming through there :-)

Platinum Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 12334
there is alot rob. i'll explain more when i am on aim but lets just say if i open my trunk, you can do hair trick.

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

Hit you in the chest m...

Post Number: 2125
yeah screw the rear deck... you should just seal the trunk off from the cabin completely...

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 2212
"yeah screw the rear deck... you should just seal the trunk off from the cabin completely..."

Good thinking Reece but we've gone over this plenty of times lol.Well,I've told Chad to do that from day one of his SPL pursuits.I won't be on AIM til 4:30 ish and I may go running again so...I may not even be on then but there's a chance!Possibly see you on AIM later Chad.

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 4096

Platinum Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 12336
well if i am on it will be around 9 or 10 o clock your time man.

mat i was thinking the same thing.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us