2 questions....

Silver Member
Username: 2pacalypse1971

Sandusky, Oh

Post Number: 340
i have a mbquart raa1000 and 2 kicker cvr 15's, goign to be ran at one ohm which is 1000 watts, i just got a new alternator cz mine messed up along with half the rest of my car,i had a 130 before (not sure what they replaced it with but hopefully that), i have 4 gauge wire, if i get thicker wire, will i be killling my electrical system even more, and with ported boxes, if they are tuned higher and a song with low notes comes on, does that draw more out of the amplifier than if the box was tuned lower causing strain on my electrical system?

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

IF U HEAR ME... crazydbs.com

Post Number: 4651
TRY TO USE THE LARGEST WIRE AS POSSIBLE 4 GAUGE WIRE ITS ONLY GOOD FOR 80 AMPS OF CURRENT THATS ABOTU 800 WATTS SOMEOCMPANIES GIV EYOU HIGHER STRANDS OF WIRE SO U COULD PULL MORE AMPS... U CAN DO A 2 GAUGE KIT THAT WILL COVER UP TO 1800 WATTS RMS.... \

BUT YEAH TEMPORARY 4 GAUGE KIT ITS FINE IF U COULD DO A 2 GAUGE KIT WILL BE FINE...

Silver Member
Username: Boomtank

Rochester, NY USA

Post Number: 194
the box tuning should just deturmine the loudness of the subwoofers not how much power it draws. the amp and headunit settings will be set to a certian power level and stay that way. if you increase your volume to make the deeper notes louder due to the box that will draw more current.

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

Hit you in the chest m...

Post Number: 2127
kign rob is wrong... most amps don't pull as many amps as they put out watts... my 2400 watt amp pulls like 85 amps... there's a scale on BCAE though and it sayd you should use 0 gauge on 1400+ so you are fine using 4 guage, but if you intend on upgrading in the future to running more watts then i would go ahead and get 0 gauge...

Silver Member
Username: Boomtank

Rochester, NY USA

Post Number: 198
yes based on how efficent your amp is. it can put out more power on the same ammount of current.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us