Will this be enough?

Silver Member
Username: Clouduz

Post Number: 176
i can get a brand new

KINETIK HC1800 CAR AUDIO BATTERY POWER CELL off ebay for about $200 shipped... does anyone have any experience with millionbuy? reliable place to buy?

I don't have a ho alt yet but will be getting one around the end of summer. For now i have like the cheapest walmart battery you can get lol
would i see an increase in power for my amp by moving to this battey until i upgrade the alt?
i'm only going to buy if it will make a difference NOW until i get another alt. I will be replacing my battery up front instead of adding a new one. Running a *HIFONICS BXi1606D* and want to run at 2ohm cuz i now i won't get the power at 1 ohm even with that battery. and is it ok to use this battery in my car and then put it in my new car when i get it at the end of the summer? How long do these typically last? Yeah sorry a lot of question, i'm off to work in a bit so i hope i left enough info for some help.
will be running 1800 rms after alt

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 2200
You should really get a high output alternator before you go and get extra batts.If you must...that batt will help your system better than some cheap walmart batt because of the faster discharge rates.Just watch your voltage levels.One of the best things to have when you have an inadequate charging system is to have a digital voltmeter,you'll always know when you're about to or are clipping.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 1864
If you're replacing your current battery with that one, go for it. Those batteries are better for car audio due to higher float voltage and faster discharge rate, but no battery will do anything to help your lack of power issues. Batteries just store power and release it, the alternator is the power source.

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 4517
if you're going to spend 200$ in one battery, then save it and get a HO alt don't you think? grab a good battery later

Gold Member
Username: Oleg

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 1061
Having that kinetik at least will ensure your car starts for now without problems. You really won't be getting more power just from the batt, but it's a good upgrade for now. Once you get a powerful alt, the batt+alt combo will be awesome.

Silver Member

Post Number: 177
yeah, i know i should really get a ho alt first, so i guess that's what i'll do. the only reason i was getting a battery was b/c i won't have my ride till possibly the end of the summer. but oh well i'll just wait it out and save for the ho alt. thnx for helping me make the right decision. at most i'll be doing 1800 rms but more like 1200-1500 rms is a 200a alt strong enough?

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 2221
Yea,it should be fine but if you can go with a bigger alt in case you ever plan on upgrading.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 1887
^^^ What he said

200 amps is fine for that amount of power, but more is always better when it comes to alternator power.

Silver Member

Post Number: 178
yea just in case of future upgrades i was going to go for a 250a but as long as the price isn't too much more
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us