Fi SSD15 Wangers

Post Number: 1062
DD

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

IF U HEAR ME... crazydbs.com

Post Number: 4647
ATOMIC APXX OR THE RD AUDIO HEAVYWEIGHTS

BUT THE ONES U MENTIONED THE SOLOS WILL BE PRETTY CLOSE TO THE DD;S OR MIGHT BE ALIL LOUDER BUT HEY DD WILL SOUND MUCH NICER

Gold Member
Username: Logan__tille

Hamilton, Indiana United states

Post Number: 7058
SOLO X will tear DD a New assh0le

Silver Member
Username: Volfenhagking1600

15 SSD Wangin, Shawano, Wis... USA

Post Number: 623
logan arent you in school????

Gold Member

Post Number: 7059
No, im sick...I gots to stay home:-)

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 12331
^^^^^bs

Silver Member
Username: Volfenhagking1600

15 SSD Wangin, Shawano, Wis... USA

Post Number: 624
lol

Gold Member

Post Number: 7061
lol shut up. I am.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 2204
It would be close between the Solo X and the BTL 18.The others would fall behind.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2205
^Even with equal power I still don't know which would win.Hmm...

Platinum Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 12333
i would say in a same car, box, amp, etc.... it would be hard to tell. but the difference wouldn't be much.

Bronze Member
Username: Gula187

Baton Rouge, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 54
i wanted to ask to see if the btl is the only top dog

Gold Member

Post Number: 2211
The BTL isn't the top dog =/ It should take the Solo X in SQ as well but the SPL output may be equal,less or even more :-)

Silver Member
Username: 04redmach1

Columbus, GA USA

Post Number: 572
Actually Logan, I have to say form experience, DD tears the solo's a new @sshole. I have 2 guys out of NC, that are both running 4 Sundown SAZ-1500D's. 1 is running 2 9515's, other running 2 Solox 18's. The solos are at 151, and the DD's are at a 153.4 I think it is. Solos are just so inefficient. If you want loud and efficient, the DD's, the RD heavy or super heavy built for music would be your better choice. The BTL's are decent, but for daily, I don't like them. Tinsel leads slapping spyder and rubbing hole is never good. I have heard a few of these cases too, so they need to re-engineer that.

Kevin

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

Hit you in the chest m...

Post Number: 2131
If you have a powerplant to throw at them then go with the solos (i would say) if you only have around 3000 watts then go DD. I would honestly say if you intend to compete go solos too just because they can be reconed so easily..

And kevin I know you know that story you talked about is all about install...

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 4183
tony, if this is your daily setup. DD should get 9/10 of the votes. VERY loud and good SQ. thats all that really needs to be said. I dont think tony is trying and capable of hitting 160 with a single sub. if so, i think the solo X has the best chance. but since I'm pretty sure of my assumtion, DD9518

Platinum Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 12335
kevin what vehicles are they in. that makes a big diffrence.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2214
"Actually Logan, I have to say form experience, DD tears the solo's a new @sshole. I have 2 guys out of NC, that are both running 4 Sundown SAZ-1500D's. 1 is running 2 9515's, other running 2 Solox 18's. The solos are at 151, and the DD's are at a 153.4 I think it is. Solos are just so inefficient. If you want loud and efficient, the DD's, the RD heavy or super heavy built for music would be your better choice. The BTL's are decent, but for daily, I don't like them. Tinsel leads slapping spyder and rubbing hole is never good. I have heard a few of these cases too, so they need to re-engineer that.

Kevin"

Sorry to say but DD got stomped at Usaci World Finals.Kicker took pretty much every class too...

Platinum Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 12337
also kev if you are gonna compare like that, tuan from team toxic bass is doing 155db with 2 solo x 10s.

Silver Member
Username: Dakangofkrunk162

Post Number: 108
hay man if u got some serious money get a DD Z series that will with proper install and watts that will not only tear a Solo a new @$$ but also Fluck it in it @$$ didnt no subs had @SSes tho lol but ti will cost u some series bread if not Solo X SPL but overall id get the 9515 the btl could also be good deending on install really

Silver Member

Columbus, GA USA

Post Number: 573
Well, I am basing it on a daily setup. Those setups are in a tahoe and esky, same basis. Same guy built boxes and tuned in mid 40's. Basically my little story was to show, DD's are alot more efficient subs and on a daily smaller powered setup, the DD's are untouchable compared to the solos.

Kevin

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

Hit you in the chest m...

Post Number: 2136
still say it depends on alot...

Gold Member

Post Number: 7076
Power for power DD>Kicker.

after so much power the SoloX takes over.

Gold Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 1695
box box box box box box box box.

Gold Member
Username: Drivingreckless

DD 9515f, 147.8 db Mov...

Post Number: 3351
solox > dd 9515 > fi btl > mojo 15

Platinum Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 12340
lol. not your model dd dave. its outdated now. rofl. gotta get the new ones.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3352
lol i bet YOU cant make one of your BTLS with 3krms hit 147.8

Gold Member

Post Number: 2217
^Ouch!Burn :-)

Silver Member
Username: Jblanford

Post Number: 846
"lol i bet YOU cant make one of your BTLS with 3krms hit 147.8"

i bet he could

Platinum Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 12341
man if i changed box as much as you did i probably would of hit more.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2218
David changes boxes more than he changes....bah nevermind it's too used already.:-(

Platinum Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 12342
btw if you can make your single dd play 145+db on music for 30 second average then come say sh!t. i can make a box that sounds like sh!t but loud and get the #'s i want. but who wants to drive around playing test tones all day long.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2219
^Me? :-)

Silver Member
Username: Sheriff

Post Number: 370
^^Me if it keeps me from having to give people rides all the time.

Platinum Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 12344
oh yeah i forgot.

btw dave i am just talking sh!t so don't take it personally. i know how sensitive you can be. :-)

got a secret project coming up in a month. it will be insane.

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana DD 9515d~~]...

Post Number: 4852
I really dont like SoloX 18's...just not my cup of tea. Especially in stock and pro-stock classes, maybe in mod or super-mod though.

I have handed people w/ soloX 18's there azz on more than one occasion. (If I was doing X's, I would really rather run the X12's than X18..especially since kicker came out w/ the stonger SPAIRs)

Power for power...I would prolly have to go 9515/BTL over the X18. (For daily/spl on 2000-3500w)

Also, install and vehicle are EVERYTHING. Matt Sibley is doing 155's in Usaci SB w/ 3 CVX 10's...lol, in a rex though.

Btw, 146.5+ in SB2 w/ 1 sub, 1 amp, 1 batt (stock w/ rediculous voltage drops and a fvkt up HU), 48hz

Gold Member

Post Number: 3353
LOL
chad didnt it take you 2 15" subs and 5 krms to hit 147???

ive only made 4 spl boxes...and they all play music fine considering thier all tuned to 45 or less which is fine with a DD woofer.

oh im makin a new one btw 150????

with 1/2 the subs and 1/4 of your power in a bigger vehicle chad???

oh and at least when i hit 150, im not gunna pay someone to do it
like ive sed numerous times unless YOU hit 150 with YOUR box its not YOUR 150

lets not try to trash talk b/c i can be a dick :-O

Platinum Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 12345
lol yea u win.

Silver Member

Columbus, GA USA

Post Number: 574
I have heard alot of problems with the BTL's though. Me, myself, and I hate the Memphs Mojo, and could care less for Solo-x. Oh well, we all have opinions, like @ssholes, they all stink :-)

Kevin

Gold Member

Post Number: 3354
""lol i bet YOU cant make one of your BTLS with 3krms hit 147.8"

i bet he could "

no you cant joe
TCAB can do it for ya tho

Gold Member

Post Number: 2220
"I really dont like SoloX 18's...just not my cup of tea. Especially in stock and pro-stock classes, maybe in mod or super-mod though.

I have handed people w/ soloX 18's there azz on more than one occasion. (If I was doing X's, I would really rather run the X12's than X18..especially since kicker came out w/ the stonger SPAIRs)

Power for power...I would prolly have to go 9515/BTL over the X18. (For daily/spl on 2000-3500w)

Also, install and vehicle are EVERYTHING. Matt Sibley is doing 155's in Usaci SB w/ 3 CVX 10's...lol, in a rex though. "

Well Canaan,the new SPAIR will come out for the Solo X 18 too.There is a lot more I can say toward your post but there's no reason,no good would come out of it.:-)

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana DD 9515d~~]...

Post Number: 4854

Bronze Member

Post Number: 56
i heard alot of people saying that they have problems with the tinsel slap on the btl's and for the price of a 9515 i can get a solo x 18

Gold Member

Post Number: 7083
jeeeezzz lol

Silver Member
Username: Jkidder

Spring hill, Florida Usa

Post Number: 449
lol poor guy doesnt kno wat he wants. wat amp do u plan on getting or have? if u have over 3K get solo x. anything less i'd recommend the 9515

Gold Member
Username: Tremor1127

Fi Car Audio has got m...

Post Number: 1405
these threads suck...

Silver Member
Username: Solobaric4life

Post Number: 637
Actually Logan, I have to say form experience, DD tears the solo's a new @sshole. I have 2 guys out of NC, that are both running 4 Sundown SAZ-1500D's. 1 is running 2 9515's, other running 2 Solox 18's. The solos are at 151, and the DD's are at a 153.4 I think it is. Solos are just so inefficient. If you want loud and efficient, the DD's, the RD heavy or super heavy built for music would be your better choice. The BTL's are decent, but for daily, I don't like them. Tinsel leads slapping spyder and rubbing hole is never good. I have heard a few of these cases too, so they need to re-engineer that.

Kevin

dude if 2 solo-x 18's only hit 151, id have to say tat is the worst setup in the world, u could have 1 solo-x in a good install and go waaaay past 151, here is 2 solo-x 18's that hit 169.8, almost 170 with 2 18's wow

but i'd take the btl over the dd in spl too, jmo, sql dd the best

Silver Member
Username: Solobaric4life

Post Number: 638
off subject i heard 2 mojo's with 1 memphis 4k, that hit 154 something, not too long ago

Bronze Member

Post Number: 57
well that im going to have are 2 fosgate t40001bd's

Platinum Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 12192
funny thread..hitting high numbers are much more then what subs u use...it has to do with so much sh!t....just because i hit 145 in Alabama with a setup doesnt mean i will hit 145 in Cali with chad...with the same exact setup on the same day at the same time..

Just get whatever the FU@K u want!!!

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 2703
You know it is all good and installation/setup is key here! Think about it if someone can make a type R or a sony hit 150 then more people here should be hitting them numbers. What I have seen on this forum is a bunch of change-out wh0res and people need to tweek there existing setup before switching out the sub. Honestly I am surprised that people are getting such poor numbers with the 9515, which seems everyone has more money for subs but not enough for a proper power plant, lol. Polo.. :-O

Gold Member

Post Number: 2256
"You know it is all good and installation/setup is key here! Think about it if someone can make a type R or a sony hit 150 then more people here should be hitting them numbers. What I have seen on this forum is a bunch of change-out wh0res and people need to tweek there existing setup before switching out the sub. Honestly I am surprised that people are getting such poor numbers with the 9515, which seems everyone has more money for subs but not enough for a proper power plant, lol. Polo.. "

Polo what are you hittin with your setup?You should get a 9515 and show these fools what's up :-)

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 2704
I keep it on the DL but after the box is in and I know I have given it 100% then I will try a 9515 in the Treo's place. I am just waitng for the weather to be consistant so the resin and everything will setup faster/better. Polo.. :-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 2265
Yea man,this weather blows nutz.Everytime I get back into running it turns shi±±y outside.

Silver Member
Username: Denim

Www.TeamSSAudio.com, MD

Post Number: 172
I would be interested to hear about these problems with BTL's.

Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 1
I'm supprised so many people aren't leaning towards the BTLs. I've heard all but the DDs, so I'm not sure what to say with those.
The biggest factor is the install, so I'd go for the best buy. (The BTL) An 18 inch BTL with options meant for daily listening will cost less than $500. Recones mailed to your door are between 1-150.

Someone said they'd like to see 1 btl 18 hit 150, I had 2kws going to 1 btl 18 hit 149.x @42hz in a yukon, tuned around 35hz. With 2 btl 18s I hit 151 @ 42hz, and 149.8 around 33hz.
Since then I've changed amps to 2 memphis 4ks, which should be giving them a lot more power then they were before, but again, I'm tuned to be good for daily.

And as far as daily listening, on these amps, with proper eq I think these spl 18s sound better than "SQ" drivers I've owned before. Better than some alpine type-xs and JL w6v2s, even a 12w7 I heard. Just stayed clean, smooth, and accurate as it continued to get louder. Hands down one of the best subs I've ever experienced. With 2kws it's extremely loud, with 4k the excursion is incredible, and it takes the beating all day.

I've never had a problem with holes wearing in my subs, and I've been playing them for around 6 months now, heavily I should add :D . I don't know who had problems, but I'm extremely satisfied, and the customer service is 2nd to none.

My 2 cents for what it's worth.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 58
will the solo x be a good sub for rap? because of the flat bass lines in rap a spl sub will briing the out so the x should do good,right or wrong

Username: Realbleach

Post Number: 1
Any sub will be good for rap or bass over all...

I see people talk about SPL numbers, and this vs that and in all fairness (and i am sure those with the slightest knowledge here will agree) that one sub in one car installed one way with one xover setting CAN NOT be compared to another sub in another car in another installation with another xover....

It is PLAIN knowledge that i can take a excellently made sub and have it sound like crap by using a shitty enclosure, shitty amp and poor voltage......... then have all the "know-it-all" go and say "I hear that noname sub has problems with tinsel slaps/Leads" Of course they don't "know" the circumstances of WHY the tinsel leads had an issue, but through lack of common knowledge they blame the sub (especially if they do not sell that particular product).... If anyone blames the subs engineering based on "I heard" then I sure as hell wouldn't be buying anything from that person. since it's obvious that they would believe anything that they HEARD.....

On the flip side i can take a poorly made sub, build the right enclosure for the right cars resonance, with HQ amps, stable voltage and set my xovers perfect and have a bunch of newb's running around saying "Wow that crapname sub was louder then that noname sub".....

My advice is plain and simple
when you SHOP for a sub look at a few things FIRST

Customer service........ Do they personally answer your questions, can you contact them in more then one way and how do they handle warranties..

2. Reputation.. do they hold themselves like a good company should... or do they spew rumors about competing products to TRY and make what they are selling SEEM better. I know a few companies here will actually HELP you with a product they don't sell/manufacture or distribute nor would they stoop so low as to sling "I heard this about that" like a child would on a playground.... If they have to put another product down that means that the product they sell must NOT be that good since it can't SELL ITSELF (thus the reason for putting down a competing product)

last of all Find someone who has what you are comparing and ask them for a demo.... Granted it isn't going to be exactly like YOUR set up will be but atleast you can hear the differences.. If you want to run 800 watts to the above mentioned subs find someone with that sub close to your wattage and ask for a demo... instead of relying on what others "HEAR" rely on what you HEAR...

research research research find the products "OFFICIAL" forum and see what ACTUAL users of the products have to say..... not thrid party hear-say...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us