Windows Vista sucks big d*ck

Gold Member
Username: Oglejust

Post Number: 1464
so i lost most of my icons on my desktop and i just accidently deleted my recycle bin... omg this proggy sux!

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 2193
Sounds like user error to me.However,most people do think poorly of Vista,at least people I know...

Gold Member

Post Number: 1466
well the recycle bin is user error however even on windows me it had a thing that wouldnt let u delete things like that

Silver Member
Username: Smoke05

Tucson, Arizona U.S.

Post Number: 457
lol just as any microsoft program, it sucks until they come up with something like a "service pack 2"
lol. i hate to admit it, but my next computer is going to be an apple, im going to be running business programs (big $, im going to be an accountant) and there are no virus for mac, or hacker to enter them (at least not as much)

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 5893
I hear ppl are having major problems with their printers.

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana DD 9515d~~]...

Post Number: 4851
*Warning ID-10-T ERROR*

jk :-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 1467
ahhhh im soooooo pissed right now i just paid 850 bux for this piece of sh!t!!!!!

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 2194
"ahhhh im soooooo pissed right now i just paid 850 bux for this piece of sh!t!!!!!" -What did you pay 850 bucks for?

Silver Member
Username: Spkrman

Chi town, IL U S A

Post Number: 471
"so i lost most of my icons on my desktop and i just accidently deleted my recycle bin... omg this proggy sux!"

"dude, I was driving along and when I tried to get in my back seat to feel what it was like to ride back there on the highway... the stupid car ran itself into a tree!!!! WHAT A POS CAR!!!!"

Gold Member

Post Number: 1468
^^^ hey now.... i bought an hp laptop

Silver Member

Tucson, Arizona U.S.

Post Number: 459
for 850? wow i payed 1200 for this one, but i bought it before the vista, because i knew it was going to suck
lol :-)
they gave me a coupon for a free upgrade,i wont use it until the service pack arrive lol

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

F uck fuckid... Fi Audio

Post Number: 1714
personally i hate vista. gf has it on her comp, and that was all i needed to see. emulation is a b!tch on it too. its just annoying...

i'm sticking to xp pro

Silver Member

Tucson, Arizona U.S.

Post Number: 461
^x2

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 1845
Ummm, newsflash guys: Don't buy the newest Windows OS until it's been out for about year or so, or the first service pack is released. That will be about the time that most hardware will have updated drivers available.

At least that's what a lot of people in the IT / computer science field recommend (I'm a CS major BTW)

" and there are no virus for mac "

Ya don't think so?

Silver Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 930
You can easily fix both those problems.

Right click the desktop, then left click 'Personalize'. In the upper left corner, left click on 'Change Desktop Icons'. Then just add Recycle Bin and the other desktop icons you want back.

Silver Member
Username: Riskyb

Post Number: 611
" im going to be running business programs (big $, im going to be an accountant) and there are no virus for mac, or hacker to enter them (at least not as much)"

lol @ business programs for a mac

You know why there are no viruses for a mac? Because people who have them aren't worth hacking.

Silver Member

Tucson, Arizona U.S.

Post Number: 467
^lol mac are not as user friendly as windows, but they have powerfull computers, yes they are virus for macs and hackers too, but nothing compared to windows, maybe because of the number of user, but you have to be kidding me, macs programs are really good, plus you can ask my brother (graphic desingner "spell check") what kind of computer are use to do 3d animations in companies as pixar, they also do have the fastes computer for home,a 16gb og ram computer. and if all of you that like vista, but hate the errors should check Mac Os X, you might know it as "Windows Vista" but is just beter you know without the errors, and it needs less things to run, but if you dont like apple then just continue buying windows as i did, but yeah my next computer is going to be an apple, i will be loosing in lost of stuff (mostly compability), but now with the intel you can run both, windows or ,ac in the same computer.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1471
well thanx to brad i got my recycle bin back but i still dont have my other folders... i had a new folder i had pics in and i dont no where its at

Silver Member

Tucson, Arizona U.S.

Post Number: 469
^maybe if you restart

Gold Member
Username: J_baby15

DiRtY 5oUtH ...

Post Number: 1673
"lol @ business programs for a mac"

y do u say that? jus cuz Macs are too expensive for most the ppl on here to use, or b/c of the fact that most on here hav no need for a mac doesn't mean they aint good. Mac would smash most any programs like that that windows has...ex. Animation, Music, Business, Editing...only thing Windows has going for it is the compatibility with pretty much everything. Bottom line, for everyday use it wouldn't be practical to use a Mac for most stuff. But in his case, if he had the choice between a Mac & Windows for business use Mac is the way to go. Plus the new ones are even windows compatible, so they use most programs......

Gold Member
Username: J_baby15

DiRtY 5oUtH ...

Post Number: 1675
didn't bump

Silver Member

San Diego

Post Number: 934
Oh.... you said icons I didn't know you had folders on the desktop. In that case since you probably don't have many pics on your computer yet, you could search through them by clicking on start, then search, then put *.jpeg* (just like that with the "wild card" asterisks), or change the .jpeg part to .gif, .bmp or whatever format your pics were in. If you deleted them to the recycle bin BEFORE you deleted the actual recycle bin, they are gone. I could get you a recovery program if the pics are irreplacable.

Silver Member

Tucson, Arizona U.S.

Post Number: 470
^well i agree windows is a great budget or everyday use for a personal computer, that is why i stated that i was going to use it for work, but thing are changing apple is lowering prices on their computers to make them more user friendly

Silver Member
Username: Loc_out

Santa Ana, Ca Resonant Eng...

Post Number: 811
My company just started upgrading people to Vista and they love it. I work on there IT dept and have been messing around wiht for the last 6 months and i love it.

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

IF U HEAR ME... crazydbs.com

Post Number: 4646
IG OT THE BETA ONE AND NO PROBLEMS RUNNIGN UNDER 64 BIT :-) TAKES HUGE AMOUNTS OF MEMORY THO...

WELL I LOST MY RECYCLE BIN ONES BUT NEVER MY ICONS... I DID A FULL RESTORE AND RESTORED EVERYTHING AND NO PROBLMES AND WHEN I LOST MY RECYCLE BIN I LOST MY CONTROL PANNEL TOO :-)

Bronze Member
Username: Splfreak7564

Michigan

Post Number: 70
vista sucks..

Silver Member
Username: Ceoofdaroc4

Post Number: 210
Yea I'm a CS major too but I dnt kno wat I want to do when I garduate any suggestions??? Part of me wants to design cell phone software I'm a cell phone addiict can't wait for the iphone I will be purchasing...

Silver Member
Username: Liqdfire3

Lee high acres, Florida

Post Number: 199
to get your icons back on your desktop go to control panel, then to personalization, then to change desktop icons on the left top corner. then check the boxes next to the icons you deleted then hit apply and shizamm. but this only works to the icons that come on the desktop when purchased.

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 4095
im getting a new laptop soon and to be honest iv weighed out alot of things and mac just doesnt seem to be worth it. when i get one though if microsoft hasnt updated vista im just running XP on it.

Bronze Member
Username: Aaronjp1990

Lerwick, Shetland Uk

Post Number: 74
i got vista and like it. i also deleted my bin but i went into options somewhere and got it back on desktop, i used to run xp pro sp2 but thought i would change to see what it was like.

Silver Member
Username: Denim

Www.TeamSSAudio.com, MD

Post Number: 164
OSX > all

Gold Member

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 4113
if you ask me OSX is nothing special, whats so great about it

Bronze Member
Username: Mwyant19

Arlington, Texas Usa

Post Number: 54
they both have pros and cons. its mostly preference. similar OS on each

Bronze Member
Username: M0nkeyman692

Post Number: 97
get a mac... they dont get problems

Gold Member

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 4123
thats not true they can be hacked easy

Silver Member

Tucson, Arizona U.S.

Post Number: 492
^as easy as any pc,
"if you ask me OSX is nothing special, whats so great about it"
both the vista and the OSX are the same thing, the only diference is that the OSX needs less ram, and less space on your computer, and doesnt have as much bugs as the vista.
and here is something you might have seen already, but is fub to watch http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaIUkwPybtM

Silver Member
Username: Reppinqc

Charlotte, NC USA

Post Number: 222
ya vista is most def hackable

Silver Member

San Diego

Post Number: 951
You know why it is very similar? Because Winblows blatantly copied elements of OSX for Vista. They have been doing this kind of thing for years (see Sun Java), and they also ripped off the best of both Opera and Firefox for IE7.

Microshaft FTL

Silver Member

Charlotte, NC USA

Post Number: 225
well someone sure does have a hate for Bill Gates...

Silver Member

San Diego

Post Number: 954
I don't hate the dude personally but I know very well the sh!t his company pulls.

Read and learn:
http://www.microsuck.com/

Silver Member

Charlotte, NC USA

Post Number: 230
i dont really have a problem with Microsoft...but i prolly will after i go to the link...i cant stand AOL tho.

Silver Member
Username: M0nkeyman692

Post Number: 103
macs are the way to go if u want a good computer... and actually they are much harder to hack and to create viruses for.

Silver Member

Charlotte, NC USA

Post Number: 233
true, i def agree that they are harder to hack and sh*t. but if you have good virus protecting ect. then your prolly better off going with a custom computer...I have an alienware Laptop and a custom IBUYPOWER desktop and they both run games and stuff better than my friends MAC

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 5953
AOL is the anti-christ.

Silver Member

San Diego

Post Number: 958
M0nkeyman692 is correct. Read here if you want to know why:

http://pogue.blogs.nytimes.com/2006/08/25/25pogues-posts-4/

Silver Member

Tucson, Arizona U.S.

Post Number: 499
Jordan Alienware computer will run games better than any computer, because they are gaming computers, they are much closer to be a gaming console than a computer, yes AOL does suck, and i dont hate BG, i think he is an intelligent man, that know how to pull the BS he is doing, and he beated Mac on the user friendly basis, but that is it, he knew how to monopolize the programs so they will all go for Microsoft and by that making the consumers to buy Microsoft.

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

F uck fuckid... Fi Audio

Post Number: 1715
Linux ftw

Silver Member

Tucson, Arizona U.S.

Post Number: 501
^x2, lol,but i dont know how to program :-(
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums