Box in box?

Bronze Member
Username: Solo67042

Post Number: 43
i am putting a sub in a sealed box that is over the reccomended size. i do not want to get a new box for the sub because i really like the box i currently have. would it work to put a box inside of the box? i mean make a sealed cube and adhear it to the inside of the speaker box to being the cu inside the box down. would that work or would it mess with the speaker?

Silver Member
Username: Skies

Courtenay, British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 618
You confused me...

Draw it in paint?

Silver Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 911
How big is the sealed box and what sub are you going to use? I almost always make my sealed boxes a bit bigger than recommended.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 44
i cant figure out how to make the file smaller than 100kb so anyways.. i believe the box is currently at 1.5 cu and i need the box to be at 1.0cu. so i was thinking that i could make a cubed box at .5cu and adhear it to the inside of the box now and that would make it 1.0cu which is what the subs ideal sealed box is. just a small cube to seal out about .5 cu feet of air..

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

Hit you in the chest m...

Post Number: 2114
that's the dumbest sh!t i've ever heard... .5 cubes probably wont hurt your sub... if you're that worried about it then just build a new box... it's not like it's hard to build a sealed box...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 45
ur right its not hard to build a new box, just takes time and work that i was hoping is not nessecary. my box no is just nice and carpeted to match my trunk which i like, i just did not want to ahve to do it again.

Gold Member
Username: Adam_s

15 TC9 Hybrid, RE MT Softparts

Post Number: 1060
It will be fine to do what you want. Just make sure that you have the box in the inside secured good so that it doesnt move around or rattle.

Silver Member
Username: Winterfreshpimp

Chisago, MN America

Post Number: 452
that would work but yeah like ^he^ said secured

Silver Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 939
You still didn't say what the sub is but regardless it will be fine in that 1.5 box. Subtracting driver displacement makes the internal volume around 1.3 anyway. Go with it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us