Clifford RSX 3.5 Help

Username: Cupid

Post Number: 1
I have 2 quick questions:
Car 1970 Ford Mustang Restomod. Stock wiring system. The car will be fuel injected and is automatic.

Question 1: Does anybody know where the GREEN wire on the relay satellite(automatic start module) connect to? The instructions read: "For anti grind or starter kill attach this wire to the key side of the starter wire for anti grind and for the starter kill to be active". What does "key side of the starter wire" mean? This is what's throwing me for a loop.

Question 2: Where does the RED/WHITE (+) 12V (automatic start module) input wire go? The instructions read: "Connection for high current outputs". What does that mean?

The instructions on everything is are pretty darn good, I just think my understanding of these two may be lacking.

Username: Prostreetamx

Las Vegas, NV United States

Post Number: 2
I just put this same system in my 2004 hemi powered 72 Javelin. The green wire hooks to the wire that starts at the key switch. You have to cut the existing starter activator wire and connect the green to the input side. The purple wire connects to the other end of the wire you cut. This will interupt the starter.
The remote relay module contains 3 seperate high current (30a) relays. There are 2 that will activate in the ign mode and 1 in the asc mode. My 2004 Hemi required 5 seperate relays for correct operation but you may only need 1 or 2 depending on what you have connected that needs to be enerigized for the remote start to work. I checked the factory truck wiring diagram to determine which loads that went through the key switch that I needed. If you don't need the extra relays, just cap off the extra wires. Note that the input and output for each relay are paired up in the wiring harness. If you connect an input and the wrong output wire, it will not work.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us