Which sould i get?

Silver Member
Username: Splmonster

Nowhere, OH USA

Post Number: 757
well i think i either wanna do the bl or q. i love the low end but i want to get loud too. it will be an 18". so im guessing the bl will get louder and q will sound better? i dont have an amp picked out but it will be 1000-1200 rms

Silver Member
Username: Showrides

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 526
Personally I would take the Q over the BL. I would prefer the extra SQ of the Q, and am sure an 18" Q would get more than loud enough for a daily system.

And a SAZ-1500D would be a good amp for either choice.

Silver Member
Username: Mike11202

DE US

Post Number: 291
^^yeah the Q is awesome

Silver Member

Nowhere, OH USA

Post Number: 759
if i got that sundown amp would i need to add a second battery, because thats what im tryin to stay away from because i need to keep it cheap as possible. but do u think the extra sq is worth not being as loud as the bl... what im trying to say lol is would the extra sq make up that much for the loss of spl?

Silver Member
Username: Mike11202

DE US

Post Number: 293
I just have a yellow top D34 under the hood while running much over 1450rms on the Q and 400rms on the front speakers and its fine

get an alternator instead of a new battery unless your playing music witht the car off get the battery

the Q has much more excursion than the bl and it sounds awesome.. mine gets plenty loud

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v407/mike11202/?action=view&current=MOV05440.f lv

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v407/mike11202/?action=view&current=MOV05441.f lv

Silver Member

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 528
First off, I am not sure exactly how much louder a BL would get, but I doubt it would be that much louder than the Q. I highly doubt it would be anything that would make a huge difference in ouput, and added SQ is always a big bonus. Anyone can buy a sub that will get crazy loud and not sound that great. But one that gets loud and sounds great is a much better choice.

And the Sundown is a very efficient amp. For the amount of current it draws you would be tough pressed to find a more efficient amp to put out around 1000rms for either of those two subs.

Silver Member
Username: Smoke05

Tucson, Arizona U.S.

Post Number: 435
lol my Q rattles the hell out of my altima, is really loud, it is a 12" also, it depends of the music you listen to, i listen to a lot of electronic/techno + all around, so the lows were a must in my case.

Silver Member

Nowhere, OH USA

Post Number: 760
yea all i listen to is rap and r&b occasionally so i really want them lows, i think ill just go with the q and tune like 30-32

Silver Member

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 530
Good idea. I think you will be much happier with the Q.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us