Batteries

Bronze Member
Username: Mwyant19

Arlington, Texas Usa

Post Number: 37
so i set up my stereo - 13w7 and 1000/1 amp about 3 days ago and everything was working fine until today the sub would just stop hitting for about 10 seconds then start again. this happens like 2 or 3 times during each song. after a while my battery indicator came on. is there a better battery that wont sh!t out on me?

Bronze Member
Username: Dakangofkrunk162

Post Number: 49
yellow top and kinetiks u could also get a H/O alt and do the big three

that will be axplained down there my someone else lol

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 1769
Probably not the battery.....

It sounds like your voltage is dropping and your amp is turning off due to low voltage (and the dash light is a dead giveaway).

The only way to fix that is an HO alternator. The alternator is the source of power when the engine is running, and if you draw more power than it can supply, your voltage will drop below battery level. Again, HO alternator is the only way to fix this, there is NO substitute for it.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 2159
It's odd for a JL 1000/1 to draw so much current...most people run them off of stock charging systems without problems.What vehicle do you have and what kind of amperage is your alternator making?

Gold Member

Southeast PA

Post Number: 1770
Dru, the type of battery makes jack sh!t of difference if the alt can't keep it charged.

Bronze Member

Arlington, Texas Usa

Post Number: 38
i have a 2005 hyundai elantra, not sure of the amps produced. wheres the best place to get a HO alt?

Gold Member

Southeast PA

Post Number: 1774
Good quality alts at good prices:

http://stores.ebay.com/Iraggi-Alternator-and-Electronics

Excellent quality but more $:

www.ohiogen.com

Silver Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 902
90 amp

Bronze Member

Arlington, Texas Usa

Post Number: 40
whats 90 amp? my stock alt?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 54
lol i was lazy n didnt read the post just saw the thread name so i just said get those kinda batts and get a h/o alt and do the big 3 hence y i said they will explain but yea i neva seen a j/l 1000/1 draw that much

Bronze Member

Post Number: 57
lol i was lazy n didnt read the post just saw the thread name so i just said get those kinda batts and get a h/o alt and do the big 3 hence y i said they will explain but yea i neva seen a j/l 1000/1 draw that much

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 11995
it's still a 1000 watt amp. it puts out considerably more than that as well, which mens it can draw well over 100A of current.
not a good thing to do when you have a 90A alternator, and 60A of that is probably used by the car itself for things like lights and ignition systems.

Silver Member
Username: Boomtank

Rochester, NY USA

Post Number: 197
i dont think any cars use 60A for the car itself

does this acure while ur driving or stoped. because if its just when your stops your alt is giving minimal output at idle.

Gold Member

Southeast PA

Post Number: 1873
A car could easily use 60 amps to power the fuel pump, ignition system, lights, blower motor, electric fans if it has them, etc.

Bronze Member

Arlington, Texas Usa

Post Number: 49
while driving in city (sometimes stopped at lights) the sub will just quit hitting after about 10 min of heavy hitting. when i first start cruisin my lights barely dim at all then gradually dim more and more till the sub quits hitting. it only stops for about 5 seconds then hits for about 30 seconds. repeat. i also have a poweracoustik full cap

Bronze Member

Arlington, Texas Usa

Post Number: 50
im having trouble finding a new alt on the internet that matches my car. should i just call up a local or what? how simple would the install be... is it something you guys have done at home or would it be best to get a pro install

Silver Member
Username: Jesse59672

OK

Post Number: 232
i'm not sure on a hyundai because the chinese seem to make things bass ackwards.. but on an american car it is defiantly something you can do at home.

like other people have said though if you do a HO alternator then you would want to do your big 3. and if possible get a dry cell battery

Gold Member

Southeast PA

Post Number: 1898
That definitely sounds like an inadequate alternator. If Iraggi doesn't have one, did you try calling Ohio Generator? They make alts for most cars......

Bronze Member

Arlington, Texas Usa

Post Number: 51
ill check it out. i figure i can probably do the install on my own - but if i get stuck im screwed. well i guess i could work backwards and get the original back in
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us