OT: spray can paint match for car

Silver Member
Username: Ironslave

Offutt AFB, Nebraska U.S.A.

Post Number: 551
I'm Back with a new car to make a setup on, but for now i need help on something else

i need to repaint the hood on my car i just bought, but i need to find the OEM color... (no i wont paint it black)....

i have a 1994 honda accord Ex, its a light metallic blue color. can anyone help me with this,

ive uploaded photos.

i bought it for a cheap 2800$ and just needs leather rescue and the hood redone (the guy lived on a gravel road and didnt buy a bra for the damed thing.

Upload
Upload
Upload

Silver Member
Username: Riskyb

Post Number: 606
Thats a hard color to match. To do a good job it won't be cheap. Have you tried looking at dupli-color spray paints at autozone?

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 11989
you could use DupliColor code-matched paints, but honestly if you don't want it to look lousy, you need to sand that to metal, give it a light skim coat and sanding, then shoot it with real auto paint, clear coat it, wet sand it, clear it again, then buff it out and polish it.

Silver Member

Post Number: 552
thats what i plan on doing, but i dont have the money or resources for a spray gun. (EPA Smackdown closes alot of paint booths)i dont mind a can job. but can anyone here tell me the color for this?

Silver Member

Post Number: 553
i was on a site looking at honda color codes and the site says the color is Sage Green Metallic ("clearcoat"?) am i color blind?

or could this have been repainted? although the interior matches the paint job
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us