My amps are here :-)

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 1741
Well as you guys know I'm putting together my new system piece by piece cause I can't afford to buy it all at once..... lol

Anyway, I now have all the amps that I will be using:

American Bass VFL 200.1

3000 watts at 1 ohm
I will be using this to power my DD 9515f

AB1

AB2

US Amps AX TU300

100 x 2 @ 4
160 x 2 @ 2
This is a US Amps vacuum tube based amplifier. They are said to sound more musical than transistor amplifiers, and I've always wanted to try one.

USA1

USA2

This will power my components which I don't have yet. I'm leaning toward CDT but still not sure.

Silver Member
Username: Spkrman

Chi town, IL U S A

Post Number: 467
wangs

Gold Member
Username: 420alldaylong

Post Number: 1480

Silver Member
Username: Joebruce

15 Inch Wang...

Post Number: 639
So are those American Bass amps pretty good? Do they do their rated power? Im now looking at the 100.1 for my HD3.

Silver Member
Username: Reppinqc

Charlotte, NC USA

Post Number: 176
nice...do u have your dd9515 yet?

Silver Member
Username: Showrides

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 525
I hope those aren't new with a warranty. I remember one person took the casing off to see the internals and then completed voided his warranty. Some companies are strict with that type of thing. Not sure if either of those companies are though.

Gold Member

Southeast PA

Post Number: 1744
" So are those American Bass amps pretty good? Do they do their rated power? Im now looking at the 100.1 for my HD3 "

Everyone I talked to who has run AB amps says they are reliable, efficient, great quality amps.

I also talked to someone who used to be an AB dealer and he had never seen a single problem with an AB amp. They seem to be known as good quality, so I think I will be happy with it.

As far as ratings go --- American Bass doesn't put official ratings on their VFL series competition level amps, something about the way they are used in Usaci comps is what I've heard.

But it is easy to find the "word on the street" specs online. For example the 200.1 does at least 3000 watts, the 400.1 does at least 4000 watts, not sure about the others.

" I hope those aren't new with a warranty. I remember one person took the casing off to see the internals and then completed voided his warranty. "

I bought the AB from a guy who used it for one day at a show. The US Amps is from a shop that was liquidating it's inventory. No warranty on either. Warranties are unnecessary when buying such high grade equipment IMO. The chance of failure due to anything other than user error is extremely slim.

And it wouldn't matter anyways, some companies put on a sticker that breaks when you open the case, these don't have that. And I actually didn't even open the case on the US Amps; it's hard to see in the pic but the AX series have a clear plexiglass bottom.

" nice...do u have your dd9515 yet? "

Yep

DD1

DD2

I will soon carpet the box and get it installed, but I will only be able to run it at ~1000 watts until I can get my HO alternator and new 1/0 wiring. (There is 4 gauge in there now )

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

IF U HEAR ME... crazydbs.com

Post Number: 4623
where did you got your american bass amp??? and how much?

Gold Member

Southeast PA

Post Number: 1757
I got that amp from a guy on caraudio.com for $515 shipped. He actually had two used for one day in a comp car, and the second one just sold like a few days ago.

I posted a link to that deal on here like 2 weeks ago when I bought the first amp...... nobody was interested then, lol

Gold Member

Southeast PA

Post Number: 1771

Silver Member
Username: Northomaha

Post Number: 286
thats a really nice box, awesome craftmanship

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 2168
M.S. stop saying AB amps!Initially it made me think class A/B amp :-) I can also say that the American Bass amp I had ran without a hiccup and powered my DD 3512 nicely and never got hot or anything.Nice good power out of those amps.

Gold Member

Southeast PA

Post Number: 1788
lol, sorry Rob I will stop sayin that
And yeah, it seems like everyone who has run American Bass (I said it right this time) amps thinks very highly of them.

" thats a really nice box, awesome craftsmanship "

Uh, yeah it is a nice box but I didn't build it . Credit for that goes to Canaan. I can't do jack sh!t when it comes to woodwork, lol.

Gold Member

Southeast PA

Post Number: 1789
BTW Rob which amp did you have?

Silver Member
Username: Reppinqc

Charlotte, NC USA

Post Number: 187
well then in that case good job canaan.

Silver Member
Username: Skies

Courtenay, British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 614
Very nice equipment.

Interchangeable ports?
What frequencies?

When is projected "finish" date?

Gold Member

Southeast PA

Post Number: 1860
Yes, interchangeable ports. 38 hz for daily, 47 hz for comps:

As for finishing my system, *sigh*, it may not be until sometime this summer. I don't yet have my component speakers, 1/0 wire, battery, and HO alternator. All of that is going to run me $1000-1500, and I've spent all my money and don't currently have any income (full time college FTL).

Gold Member
Username: Adam_s

15 TC9 Hybrid, RE MT Softparts

Post Number: 1062
Damn M.S. You have some nice stuff there. Glad to see your doing it right.

Gold Member
Username: Oleg

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 1036
That's nice stuff, M.S. Love the box! There was a dude at the comp with that sub powered by memphis 4kW, stock alt, kinetik (2400 i think?) He lost to Chad Lee by 3dBs in dBdrag. But his box was at 34Hz - your 47 would be good. If you save up for a 2nd one with one more amp, that'd be so sickly!

Gold Member

Southeast PA

Post Number: 1879
Thanks guys.

And Oleg, that's exactly why I went with one 9515 instead of two 3515s or something like that. I figure if there comes a time when I want to upgrade the system again, I can add a second 9515 and new amps.

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 12339
M.S.>>>everyone else.

nice equipment. mad props.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 2215
"BTW Rob which amp did you have?"
It was a D-1000 I believe.