IP bus or AUX cable?

Gold Member
Username: Matt12490

California USA

Post Number: 2246
I got a new headunit that I want to use with my iPod, but don't know which would be best to use. It has an AUX plug in the back and also one for an IP bus but don't know which would be better.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_7576_3.5mm+6+ft.+Extension+Cable+for+iPod+-+ MP3+Player+headphone+jack+to+aux+input+or+another+headphone+jack.html
or
http://cgi.ebay.com/CD-IB100II-CD-IB100-iPod-Interface-Adaptor-for-Pioneer_W0QQi temZ300103147691QQihZ020QQcategoryZ58350QQcmdZViewItem

Would they both give me the same sound, or should I shell out the extra cash for the expensive one?

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 4084
really it all depends the second one looks like it will also charge your ipod. i doubt by ear you will hear much difference in the two

Silver Member
Username: Riskyb

Post Number: 605
Well the auxillary won't charge your ipod but you can go buy one at like radioshak or walmart for like 4$. The ipod one is better I guess, you get better SQ too. I use the Aux myself because I don't like scrolling through my huge library on my headunit.

Bronze Member
Username: M0nkeyman692

Post Number: 55
dont bother getting the ip cause scrolling through your headunits screen is a pain and since ipods are so portable it just as easy to take it inside when it needs to be charged..

Bronze Member
Username: Dakangofkrunk162

Post Number: 50
CD-IB100II CD-IB100 iPod Interface Adaptor for Pioneer

i ahve that and u do get better sound quality cause it is goin thru ur dock yea u mite have to scroll but u can also just unhook ipod find song and hook it back up

ALSO
If ur ipod isnt updated or it mite strill work it stopped for mine tho turn ipod on play song pause it let it go to sleep on its own takes a min or to hook it up to car turn car on and turn ipod on it should elt u scroll thru the ipod and pic a song

dont get mad at me if it doesnt work idunno if it iwll work anymore u either need to hook ipod then turn car on or tunr car on then hook ipod

Gold Member
Username: Matt12490

California USA

Post Number: 2247
I think I'll just get the AUX cable first, and might get the ip bus when I have more money. Also, I already have a car charger for my ipod so its not a problem.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us