OT: tint question

Gold Member
Username: Trey4sports

Post Number: 1027
im thinking about getting 20% or 15% all the way around on my vehicle and im wondering if cops can pull you over just for too dark of tint. i know 35% on front is legal limit but i dont know if cops can just ticket you whenever they catch u speeding and throw in the tint ticket as well or if they see you driving doing the limit, and yet pull you over merely for too dark of windows? also if they can is it really enforced very often??

Silver Member
Username: Mike11202

DE US

Post Number: 259
Yes they can.. go to your doctor and get a note

and they can pull u over for ur windows being to dark.. they rarely do but if your playing music loud theres more likely of a chance they would meter ur windows

get the note and ur all set

Gold Member
Username: Trey4sports

Post Number: 1028
hmm, wat kind of docotrs note would i need to excuse the tint?

Silver Member

DE US

Post Number: 260
just say your eyes are blinded from the sunlight and its hard to drive.. some will give u the note and some will not

Silver Member
Username: Northomaha

Post Number: 285
it depends on your local laws but around here they can stop you for tint alone, and i had 20% all around and never got stopped but its a good excuse for cops to pull you over

Silver Member

DE US

Post Number: 262
u get a signature from them.. go to the motor and vehicle place and they authorize it

Silver Member

DE US

Post Number: 263
yeah c. thats why u get the doctors note and the cops cant do sh1t

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 4082

quote:

thats why u get the doctors note and the cops cant do sh1t

guess what in most states that is still illegal and a doctors note wont do sh;t in that case. i know in FL and many others the law clearly states no tint darker then xx% even if you need it medically.

BTW i have 15% on my front windows and the limit is 30 and i havnt gotten pulled over the past 2 years but i roll my windows down by cops.

Silver Member
Username: Imalik

SD2.5, New Jersey Audioque

Post Number: 238
The DR note does work, You wont get a ticket but you will still get pulled, since they wont be able to give you the tint ticket Im sure they will find something to get you on.

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 4085
^^^it only works in some states in alot of states even a DR note will not excuse you from having dark tint and you will still get a ticket.

Gold Member
Username: Mygame5982

I Got Serious Wang H-..., TEXAS US

Post Number: 1697
my homeboy got 5percent tint all around..i think its a little higher on the front..sh!t looks pimped

Silver Member
Username: Reppinqc

Charlotte, NC USA

Post Number: 173
well IMO it depends on what kinda tint your gonna get...if your gonna get a 5% wrap on your car then yea a doctors note would be a good idea. Also if you drive around all day a bump then if you have dark tints cops are prolly gonna pull you. if they do and you werent speeding or anything then will write you up for illegal tints. I live in NC and the tint laws for front windows just got crazy. I have a tint on my front windshield and if i get caught with it i can face over a 1000$ fine.

Bronze Member
Username: Splfreak7564

Michigan

Post Number: 68
i got limo all the way around. Ive been pulled ova once but got away with a warning. The pig told me to take a razor blade and cut 4 inches from the top cause thats the legall way. I never did and still rollin limo. i tried askin my eye DR for a note but he turned me down.

Silver Member
Username: Loc_out

Santa Ana, Ca Resonant Eng...

Post Number: 807
1000 is lot of money. Down here in souther Cali they only give you a fix it ticket.I have double limo and i light shade on the windshield. Cops can use that to pull you over...

Silver Member

Charlotte, NC USA

Post Number: 191
yea by limo do you mean 5% or what most limos now have...a 5% on top of a 5%? anyway i would think that most Dr.'s wouldnt just randomly write you a note if you asked them for one...thats JMO tho

Silver Member

Charlotte, NC USA

Post Number: 192
hell yea a 1000 is a lot...i think im gonna take my front windshield tint off just so i dont risk 1000$'s...but yea if you have a double limo and you ride around bumpin then most cops will pull you over just b/c it looks sketchy to them

Gold Member
Username: Stnorris

RE SX 15, IA US

Post Number: 2143
it really just depends on what state ur in...im in Iowa and the darkest in front is 70%, which is really nothing. so if you were in this state or have a similar law i would say DONT TINT IT. i got pulled over once with a warning, and then i got the ticket. Its not worth it ...ull get pulled over sometime NO MATTER WHAT

Silver Member
Username: Liqdfire3

Lee high acres, Florida

Post Number: 191
i have 5% tint all the way around and every time i have gotten pulled over, the windows were up and they didnt give me any tickets for tint. half the time they let me go.

Gold Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 1219
I have 5% over 35% and I havent gotten pulled for it yet. It's dark as sh!t but no problems yet. I'm about to do 35% on the windshield soon....

There is a $1000 fine for it here in NC? That sucks a$s

Silver Member
Username: Joebruce

15 Inch Wang...

Post Number: 642
Cops dont care about tint here in KY,Ive got 5% on my truck plus the windsheild strip and they have never said anything. I got pulled over a few times since i got it but it was never about the tint.

Silver Member
Username: Stevefrench

Post Number: 133
stupid question...is 5% darker than 70%?

Bronze Member
Username: Splfreak7564

Michigan

Post Number: 69
yes 5% is limo (real dark) 70% is nothing. Lower the number darker the tint.

Silver Member
Username: Mike_16

Burlington, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 527
ok so i had the same ? even knowing i asked about that b4 lol.. but.. is it possible oto get like 10% on the sides and back an djust hav eteh windshiled reguar? or od u have to have the front sides lighter?

Silver Member

DE US

Post Number: 306
http://www.tintlaws.com/

check your state

Silver Member

Charlotte, NC USA

Post Number: 193
yea steve...the %'s are the amount of light that the tint allows through...so if you have a 5% then only 5% of the light that hits the tint goes through....
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us