Need help with Type R specs

Silver Member
Username: Clouduz

Post Number: 172
ok, I just got a type R but will be getting another one soon. They are used so i don't have the sheet to tell me the dimensions for a box. So can anyone help me by giving me the info so i can put it into the box calculator to build me a box for 2 typer R subs.
And did i wire them right? i have the dual 4 ohm version and want to run them at 2 ohm. The banna plugs are hooked up like this.....+ to + and - to - so i only ran 1 speaker wire to ONE set of voice coils. is that right?

Silver Member
Username: Snarl2004

Audioque 12 SD2.5s, Earthquake P...

Post Number: 914
http://www.alpine-usa.com/US-en/support/support_search.php?modelname=SWR-1242D

you have to use BOTH voice coils on a sub otherwise it will get fu<ked up

Silver Member

Post Number: 173
oh sh*t thnx for the heads up i thought they were connected with the banna plugs...so i have one terminal on my box, what do i do just use two sets of speaker wire in the box and connect them together at the terminal?

Silver Member

Post Number: 915
If you wired it like this its fine (if this is what you mean)

Upload

Silver Member

Post Number: 916
u just have to make sure you use both voice coils. if you only use one on a dvc sub it messes it up. a lot of times they give u extra plugs on a voice coil so its easier to link subs and voice coils together. for example on the pic about the bottom 2 +'s are linked together and the bottom 2 -'s are linked together

Silver Member

Post Number: 174
thnx a lot snarl2004 you have been real helpful, my system thnx you will fix tomorrow morning I only had it hooked up for about an hour

does anyone have the specs so i can build me a box for 2 type-r's?

Silver Member

Post Number: 917
the link i posted above has a link to the manual to the subs and tells you how to wire them and specs on the woofer...if thats wut ur looking for

Silver Member

Post Number: 175
yea just came back here to post that you gave me ALL the info i needed should have read it first my bad

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

IF U HEAR ME... crazydbs.com

Post Number: 4600
yes ur bad
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us