OT: Infinity?

Bronze Member
Username: Solo67042

Post Number: 38
it seems like no one ever ventures to the speaker section so here goes. i have just recently replaced my HU and put a sub in my car. i am very pleased with how it sounds and it get plenty loud for me. im sure however there is much better out there.. i am now ready to start replacing the speakers in my car. if i do not plan on running them through a amp will they still sound noticably beeter than the stock speakers? i am looking to spend around 100 dollars per set and have been looking into infinity. what are some suggestions on some speakers? i have 6 1/2s in my front doors and 6x9s in the back.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 6151
Look at component sets from Infinity. They should be within your budget.
If you'll be powering them with stock headunit, depending on the quality of speakers, you might hear 10% - 20% improvment. The stock speakers are worth $5 and cheaply made.
Using an external amp is the best way to maximize your investment. Not only will the sound be more clear, it'll distort less at high volume.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 39
my rear speakers came with a stock amp. its the upper end gm stereo i guess and i realize its most likely crap but should i keep the amp in the back or should i just hook the speakers up right to the head unit?

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 6154
If it's not broken, then use the amp. Anything's better than the headunit.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 40
i have no reason to believe its broke, theres still sound coming from my read speakers. for my price range or slightly higher do you think infinity is the best way to go or would you look elsewhere?

Silver Member
Username: Waterboy2289

Georgia, DiRtY SoUtH ... 2 18 SX w/ ...

Post Number: 283
After reading your first post, here is what I would do:

Purchase a set of Infinity 6010cs speakers for you front door. You can get them at a decent price off ebay.
http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Infinity-Reference-6010cs-6-1-2-Component-Speakers_W0QQi temZ270112247345QQihZ017QQcategoryZ32819QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

In order to get the most out of these speakers as well as most other after-market speakers, you will need an amp for them. Just go on ebay and get a nice two channel for them.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Rockford-Fosgate-PUNCH-P325-2-amplifier-325-WATTS-RMS_W0QQit emZ130102672979QQihZ003QQcategoryZ39732QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

As far as the rear speakers, no need to change them out. Keep the stock speakers and if you feel that they are affecting your sound quality, disconnect them.

The Infinity speakers will set you back about $100 and the amp will set you back about $100. You will also need an amp kit, but that only costs around $15.

For $215 you're looking at a great sounding speaker system!!

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

IF U HEAR ME... crazydbs.com

Post Number: 4606
get some pgs.... octane zr for a smaller price and good soudning if u want to have better detail than the infinitys get some pg xenonx

Silver Member
Username: Tatonka

Post Number: 213
Or you can get some JL TR 2 ways...they sound very nice

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

IF U HEAR ME... crazydbs.com

Post Number: 4614
umm the tr only have are good tweeters thats it
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts