Pimp My Ride

Silver Member
Username: Gh0st_31

FL USA

Post Number: 412
I was watching Pimp my ride and they had 2 jackhammers, 28 speakers, 12 amps, 8 batteries, and 400 ft of speaker wire. They put them in prefab boxes that were like 4-5 cf with barely any port room. It hit 137.1 db. Yes 137 db. Horrible.

"Heres the best brand out there, MTX"
"You have the loudest van in the WORLD"

Silver Member
Username: Snarl2004

Audioque 12 SD2.5s, Earthquake P...

Post Number: 907
thats pathetic

im hitting over that with 2 12's

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 2130
Yea,I loved those two quotes.That number wasn't in a sealed cabin though...I just love how they all plugged their ears, that was laughable.

Silver Member
Username: Gh0st_31

FL USA

Post Number: 414
oh and two 300 amp alts

Gold Member

Post Number: 2132
I'm sure those Jackhammers could get into the high 150's but it's all about the install right?

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

IF U HEAR ME... crazydbs.com

Post Number: 4528
^^^^ definetely they were on the high 140's easily.... first off their chargign isnt good.. second they had a prefab box...

and final and mostimprotant they had the speaker with the mic at FREE AIR it was no cabin gain at all... cabin gain can give up up to 12dbs depending on car... and yes i think a single of them could be pinful to the ear but those formpimp my ride they go looks over performance..

Gold Member

Post Number: 4529
oh and most importan they were using musik... pipo sanchez its using over 20k watts rms and tons of subs and its in the 150s on bassrace...

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

A-ToWn, 152-153db Da... My wangers b...

Post Number: 2417
ROFL!!!!!!! i hit higher then that with 1 of my 15's on 1 amp.... at half power! and i only got 2 batterys and about 75ft of speaker wire

^Pimp my ride is more about promoting stuff then actually pimping peoples stuff out IMO (they make it look bice buts thats about it)

Silver Member
Username: Volfenhagking1600

15 SSD Wangin, Shawano, Wis... USA

Post Number: 613
mad mike said "this is the loudest van in the world right now"lol

Gold Member

Post Number: 2138
Yea,he did.He's also full of sh1t,the guy is a disgrace to the car audio world,he knows a lot of stuff but he's a fu*king puppet and a two-face.I can't believe he shows his face at comps.The guy needs to be checked,seriously.

Username: Dakangofkrunk162

Post Number: 4
yea it was sad 4 caps lol y
and it was 2 200amp alts which makes it worse 24,000 watts all together i liked how the inside looked tho wit all the amps on the sides and the 50inch tv

But the bread sit

Silver Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 890
As I have said many times here, Mad Mike is a tool. A huge wtf goes out to that heinous paint job. And what's with the 24 (or whatever) coax speakers? Can you imagine how shite the imaging is not to mention the phase cancellation?

You ever notice how every time X knocks on the door, the person is already smiling and then starts jumping up and down? It is so staged, but MTV insists again and again that the people don't know he is coming. And another thing... if they don't know he is coming, then why in the history of the show has nobody spotted X and his film crew standing in their driveway? Even the reaction to the car's unveiling is staged because if you ever noticed they make them jump up and down and run around the passenger side of the car (because that's where the cameras are pointing).

The show has become an embarrassment to the industry, but I still watch to see what they will f!ck up next. I have met Beau a couple times in LA and he is a very cool guy that has built some insane cars ala Overhaulin' but I truly feel sorry for him with the way MTV forces this show to be.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2143
^Yea,just about all of MTV's "Reality" shows are all staged and bullsh1t.Especially those stupid dating shows that my sister always watches,the only thing good about them is that they have some hot women on there at times.

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 12258
its not bs rob. its real. they are not staged. when xbit comes to their door, they are totally suprised.

also the reason you don't see people around is cause its early in the morning.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
the thing that is staged is when they are makin the video for mtv to pimp there ride

And the people have to no cause other wise ud get this

Xzibit walkin to front door Knockin Knockin Knockin o look no ones home

Bronze Member
Username: Djhasanicesoundsystem

Vista, Ca Usa

Post Number: 96
a what part of sd u from?

Silver Member
Username: Homegrowncam

Funky Town, TX United States

Post Number: 414
ok so they had 2 300amp alts but then like 8 caps or something like that. Whats the poinmt with the caps on top of the batts and alts?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
2 200amp and 4 caps most likely just to make it sound so big like 8 batteries 400ft of wire 2 200amp alts this mnay amps and 4 caps and those caps looked like 1 farad

Silver Member
Username: Reppinqc

Charlotte, NC USA

Post Number: 145
thats absolutely rediculous...enough said...some of the pimp my ride cars i would be embarrased to drive or ride in

Silver Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 895
@ i LUV bass: Mira Mesa

Silver Member
Username: Mike_16

Burlington, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 516
lol JORDAN i would be ambarased to ride in some of them to , its just the paint jobs they do are rediculous sometimes lol... but i wuld love to get one of teh nice cras they do liek one wiht a body kit an dmods o teh motor, wiht a nice HU then install my own system that would be nice but ost of the cars they do are just dumb i wouldnt realy want any of them. i was dissapointed when i seen them only hit that many d/b i was liek omg come on , an dthe boxes were just crap way to small for a sub that big

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

F uck fuckid... Fi Audio

Post Number: 1710
i can't watch mtv anymore. 95% of what they air is fake

Silver Member
Username: Tatonka

Post Number: 209
I hit 6dbs higher than 137 with 1 15" on 1k watts. Stock electrical system on idle. Now that is pathetic on their part. I hate to see some decent equiptment like that go to complete waste and not exceed it's full potential.

Silver Member
Username: Homegrowncam

Funky Town, TX United States

Post Number: 415
Those prefab boxes looked small as hell. And not that it really matters but it was 300amp.

Silver Member
Username: Quig

Pittsburgh, Pa Us

Post Number: 319
OK i have a lot of response to this lol....
First the show has to be scripted as far as x coming to their house...1. because what if your not home, 2. what if your in the shower or doing ur girl/man etc... 3. the car is always parked outside waiting to be viewed by X.

Next, chad i dont kno if u was joking or not... but early in the morning? then how comes everytime the people come out there all dressed up and everything... idk about u but im nto dressed and all ready at 9 in the morning....

And i have a question ive already determined that t his is scripted.... but the stuff they do to their cars, does x really do that for free or do the people have to pay for it... how does that work, how can they possibly make any money off it... because i seen shows where they put new engines, transmissions, etc.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 26
myfault i miss heard it is 2 300amp 8 svr batts

Gold Member

Post Number: 4560
yo hell yeah it looks like i might be gettina jackhammer....

its baout to jack you up home boi

Bronze Member

Post Number: 30
i almost went off at myf riend they saw this episode and they sayin it is the loudest and it coulda hit 200db's lol wtf

They said they no this kid that hits 200db wit 26 10's in a hona yea u cant fit that many in there fluckin idiots

Mad miek u had to say those quotes

Heres the best brand out there, MTX"
"You have the loudest van in the WORLD

but there plane is workin for sponsorship now people are gonna go ga ga over mtx

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana DD 9515d~~]...

Post Number: 4833
The ONLY cool thing about that van was that it was an "MTX Bread-truck".

If you know what the original MTX Bread-Truck was...you will get it.

(Btw, MTX didnt really build the original "Bread-truck" they just paid for ALOT of it, Richard Clark was the main guy that did the bread-truck)

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

My 1 12 Atom...

Post Number: 11327
u guys should realise by now that its just a tv show made for the sole purpose of entertainment & advertising $

do u honestly think they put a juicer or waterbed in ppl's car on a daily basis

its all about product placement\ADs - ever notice how when they do a car they use all of a certain brand , u dont see a pioneer Hu hooked up to a JBL amp pushing alpine speakers

even though that van thurs night may not be super high on a db meter i bet its still pretty loud with those 36 speakers they put in .....

Silver Member
Username: Blazerboy

15 $$D wangi...

Post Number: 548
The show is BS and I bet 90% of the people lie to get on the show.

A common beginiing.

"Well, when I was young, my whole family died, and I was left to fend for myself in the wild. A foster woman took me in, and I worked with young kids with cancer, but how can they look up to me when I ahve this kind of car? I went to the army at age 15, and saved 94 peoples lifes, and my bunkmates last wish was for me to get a nice car. SO PLEASE MTV, PIMP MY RIDE!

Gold Member

Post Number: 4591
i do nee dno west coast i can pimp my own ride while pimpin my own h0es :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us