HELP!!! with amp

Silver Member
Username: Garciag

Post Number: 146
so i turned my truck on last night to adjust the gain and when i started it up(had not touched anything yet) it popped like 3 times in a row stopped and then it kept doin it, i thought i fixed it bc i took some screw out that way laying in between the - and + speaker wires and it was fine after that but this evening after playing ok all day it popped again and now its smoking so im guessing its fried dont know why tho and do you think kicker would fix it it has the warranty from hifisoundconnection

Silver Member

Post Number: 147
bump

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 2136
Well,I highly doubt it's covered under warranty.About that screw,you have to be very careful when installing car audio or anything electrical in your vehicle,it doesn't take much to start a fire and I've spend 3 hours looking for a screw that I dropped until I finally found it.Call up Hifi or read your warranty and see if they can do anything for you,Kicker may be able to repair it as well but it will cost a fee.

Silver Member
Username: Kingandsons07

Lincoln, Nebraska U.S.A

Post Number: 138
i would say send it in! It could be a fuse?
what size of gauge wire do you got?

Silver Member

Post Number: 148
ive got four gauge which is what supposed to be recommended and kicker said that it would maybe only cost 35-80 dollars if it voids the warranty so i might be ok
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us