Amp install

Silver Member
Username: Smoke05

Tucson, Arizona U.S.

Post Number: 427
so im taking my amp tothis audioshop in tucson that has numbers of prices for install jobs and futures in tons on magazines (plus they charge $65 for the install)and i told the guy that i want to install the amp tomorrow, but that i wasnt shure if i was going to be done with the box, so hetold me that he didnt need the sub to set the gains and anything, is this correct?

Silver Member
Username: Riskyb

Post Number: 604
Yea you don't need the subwoofer to set the gains. Well that is if you got a digital multi meter and you do it the right way.

Man.... I never have anyone install stuff for me. Thats for people who are too lazy to do things for themself. Installing amps isn't hard. If some highschool dropout working in an audio shop can do it why can't I?

Silver Member
Username: Smoke05

Tucson, Arizona U.S.

Post Number: 430
well i will doit myself, but i have no clue, so im going to see how he installs it so i can doit next time, plus the warranty on my amp is only covered if i have it installed profr...
thanks for the input

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Cambodian

Post Number: 2508
Wanna learn how to install an amp? go to crutchfield.com and they have lots of video tutorials on how to install certain things. Check it out. As for gain, lpf etc etc. I would take a picture of the side of the amp, post it here and we'll tell you what to set what at.

Gold Member
Username: Wolfman1966

Http://www.realmofexcu...USA

Post Number: 2593
hell, I didn't use crutchfield or anything else on my first install. HU was easy, color to color since i was changing from 1 aftermarket HU to another...Wiring harness was already in there....and as far as the first time I wired an amp, easy again, just remember that battery goes to power, ground goes to ground, and remote goes to a fuse or wire that is hot when the key is on...wiring subs is easy too, especially since subs and amps are marked with positive and negative symbols, only hard thing is figuring out how to wire them to what load if they have DVC's...well I guess it did help that I was an electricians helper for 2 years.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us