Sub Wiring not working! (PIX)

Silver Member
Username: J_c_wheeler8

Columbus, IN United States

Post Number: 224
I wired my subs like this last night and dropped them in this morning, when i hooked everything up, the amp came on, but the subs didnt. This is how I wired my subs (2x Alpine Type R's)Upload

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

A-ToWn, 152-153db Da... My wangers b...

Post Number: 2389
^to much info!!!!

Umm..... that is almost no help...

What VC config.. Is the amp good... not blown channels(amp will turn on but make little to no sound at full gain) But im guessing you got Dual 2 and you want it wired to 2 ohms... i cant really tell you if thats right without knowing the exact placing of the terminals... Is it....

-+-+ ? Or +-+-? What kind of load do you want and what VC config... ill let you know..But if the subs are -+-+ it is wired to 2ohm if its Dual 2ohm VC's.. if Dual 4, its ran at 4ohm.. but if it is wired all up and your 100% sure no wires came out... check your RCA's to the amp... otherwise id say you have fried channels or RCA output on Headunit..

Silver Member

Post Number: 225
The subs are DVC 4 ohm wired to a 4 ohm load ZX450.2 amp, i know its not gonna bump now, but im in the process of selling this one and getting a zx850.2. it is -+-+ ; -+-+

The amp is working fine but im just wondering if the wiring is correct?

Gold Member
Username: J_baby15

DiRtY 5oUtH ...

Post Number: 1652
if its like that pic then yes u got 4ohms....but unhook all that and then hook ur amp upto 1 VC at a time and see if u have any VC's that are messed up, or if the amps jus doesn't work.

Silver Member

Post Number: 226
hmm... im not sure why this isnt working... im sure the amp isnt the problem, the green light came on and it was working great last time i had subs to it, im didnt use terminal cups, i just drilled through the back... This is frusterating as helL!

Silver Member
Username: Mike11202

DE US

Post Number: 228
Yeah I had the SAME EXACT problem, I had a JBL 12" wired in parallel to 3 ohms, then put a Fi Q wired at 1 ohm and the sub doesn't work but the amp turns on with the green light (my amp is 1 ohm stable). Scott is gonna tell me how to test it. Then I am taking it to an Audio Shop locally to figure out the problem. Ill let you know what happens.

Silver Member

Post Number: 252
good news.. it now works, before i was plugging the speaker wire into the positive on channel 1 and the negative on channel 2, i put both in channel 1 and it works.. kinda weird, last time they were in separate channels...

Silver Member
Username: Goodie_goop

Midland, Texas U.S.

Post Number: 523
so ur just using one channel then...if you do positive of one and negative of the other, shouldnt taht bridge the amp and work? i thought taht wus how bridging an amp worked...?

Silver Member

Post Number: 253
i thought the same. idk what was up, it worked on my kickers, but not on my R's
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us