Table saw died

Silver Member
Username: Spkrman

Chi town, IL U S A

Post Number: 452
POS.. there goes my wonderful plan of not having to travel with 300lbs of saw... GOTTA get a new one tomorrow, ugh.

Shyte happens... oh well.

The smaller skil table saw is still for sale, btw :-) Someone that wants a good/cheap table saw should pick her up.

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

A-ToWn, 152-153db Da... My wangers b...

Post Number: 2383
Pictures\Model? How much? I have a radial saw, jigsaw and repsipricol saw i been using for boxes. I need a new one..

Silver Member

Chi town, IL U S A

Post Number: 453
its like the $200 skil saw thats available now at home depot, same thing only the model from 3 years ago.

No blade cover, comes with an extension... uhh... it cuts wood :-). Nothing fancy, a nice smaller table saw

$70 takes it :-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 2386
It you can hold it for like a week and a half ill take it, ill even pick it up. I need one of those pretty bad. Its basically the reason i havnt got to building many boxes... I HATE MY SAWS FOR CUTTING REALLY LONG CUTS >.< i need to spend 15minutes of sanding on every cut to make it perfect :-(

Gold Member

Post Number: 2387
BTW what size is the smaller one? 10"?

Silver Member

Chi town, IL U S A

Post Number: 454
yea its a 10"

good saw, not great for really big stuff, but anything up to I think 24" it cuts nice. It requires aligning the fence on the front and rear, can be a pain in the butt, but eh, you get what you pay for :-). Doesnt have a ton of use either.

I can hold it for ya if you really want it... but I really need it gone by the end of next week.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2390
can you get me a picture of it? Doesnt have to be taken by yourself.. stock photo will work. If i like it i will for sure grab it i dont get paid till next monday tho(not this upcoming monday) thats why i asked if you can hold it.

Gold Member
Username: J_baby15

DiRtY 5oUtH ...

Post Number: 1658
wtf...dang and i was savin up for it lol. hey man eventho its broken now, u still wanna get rid of it? IT is fixable?

Silver Member

Chi town, IL U S A

Post Number: 455
needs a new motor.

Its an external belt drive, pretty standard table saw motor setup... you can definitely get newones.

The table is still super solid and accurate... I imagine a new motor could be had relatively cheap.

I'd sell the table and stand, hey I'll even throw in the blown motor ;) for $30... but you have to get it ASAPPPP!!! I dont have space for it.

Silver Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 882
You can get a pretty decent motor at Harbor Freight that would work for that one. It was probably a 2 HP but a 1 1/2 will be fine.

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=39729

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 2119
I bought a small compressor for cleaning things with a blow gun from Harbor Freight and it was a piece of sh1t!Same with the cable ties I bought from there,they broke as soon as I tightened it.My brother in law also bought a paint sprayer and it didn't even work properly,I think the needle tolerance was messed up or something.That being said just be careful what you buy from Harbor Freight because I've been unlucky with their tools/products.

Silver Member

Chi town, IL U S A

Post Number: 459
this saw was also from harbor freight :-)

I'd go with a motor from somewhere else... harbor frieght has their uses - only for non mechanical stuff.

Silver Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 886
LOL I know very well about HF, I would personally never buy most of the stuff there but that is a Marathon Electric motor, and like I said they are decent in my experience with a few of them. Chicago and Central Pneumatic are another story.

Bottom line.... just because HF stocks something doesn't automatically mean it is junk.

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 5739
Their cordless drills are well worth the money. HF is best for shop supplies but some of their power tools are good. I've had several drill presses from them and had no problems. Not Norm Abram quality but then again, look at the prices.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 2128
Well at least I'm not the only one with HF experience lol.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2397
Hey Mark do u have a TL? Meter me and i can pick up the saw :-)

Gold Member
Username: Wolfman1966

Dont forget to check m...USA

Post Number: 2579
^^post whoring

Gold Member

Post Number: 2404
^me? I hope not....that would be more post whoring on yourself if that.. it had something to do with the topic :-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 2585
nah,it just that its 2am and I am bored. You posted in quite a few posts, so I picked on you , just playing around tho

Gold Member

Post Number: 2586
oh and btw, HAVE you seen my video?

http://www.realmofexcursion.com/videos/REAudio/re8.20.wmv

Gold Member

Post Number: 2406
POST WHORE!!!!!

Silver Member

Chi town, IL U S A

Post Number: 460
nah i dont have a TL.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2588
MORE like a vid whore...lol

Gold Member

Post Number: 2408
That sucks..o well.. You think you can give a better reading by ear then a SPL MIC does compared to a TL? LOL

Silver Member

Chi town, IL U S A

Post Number: 463
someone come pick this bad boys up!

1st come 1st serve, make offers :-)

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

IF U HEAR ME... crazydbs.com

Post Number: 4601
damn i wish i had money

Silver Member

Chi town, IL U S A

Post Number: 465
well I really wanna get the big one outta here ASAP!!!

anyone remotely interested let me know... for $100-200 you can grab a nice motor and have a sweet saw.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us