So i was at school today and....

Bronze Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Post Number: 54
i was in my electronics class and someone brought in a 15'' pyle sub. and everyones like "i bet that things super loud" they all thought it was the sh!t. i was saying how stupid they all were and and that sub was a peice of sh!t. they said it was better than my 2 audioques, cause they never heard of audioque before. some people are trully morons

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 5727
Happens more and more lately.....

Silver Member
Username: Volfenhagking1600

15 SSD Wangin, Shawano, Wis... USA

Post Number: 606
oh thats nothin, this one guy at my g.fs school bumps xplods and i seen on his back window it says livin loud in red car art marker. So i told my gf to ask him what he has for a system...she asked him and he said sony xplod deck, subs amp and a battery in the back "i have top of the line everything"...<<<lol
he claims he has the loudest system in my city

Silver Member
Username: Tatonka

Post Number: 208
Meh. This chick that goes to my school thought her 2 Sony Xplods (the red ones at wal mart) were louder than my FI. *sigh*

Silver Member
Username: Splmonster

Nowhere, OH USA

Post Number: 743
i love people like that hahaha

Silver Member
Username: Loudon

Post Number: 972
in the right install ... any sub will get loud ...

as far as it lasting along time ... thats a different story ...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 55
livin loud. hahahaha lol. isnt that the kicker phrase. haha

Silver Member
Username: Sinful_systems70

15 INCH WANG...

Post Number: 751
Just laugh and know they will never have as good of sh!t as you got. Thats my thoery, but if someone is willing to listen then let them in on the info. JMO

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana DD 9515d~~]...

Post Number: 4823
I had 2 guys come in the shop today looking for an amp...we sell new and used audio, so I showed them a few used amps we had.

I asked, "What subs do you have?"
Guy1, "Two 1100w 12's"
Me, "Sony?"
Guy1, "yea they slap, i had a huge amp on em but it went out".

Me, "Ok, what voice coils do they have?"

Guy1, "What?"

I grab a multimeter and ask if he has em w/ him, he does so i got out the car and check em. SVC4ohm....The were the old round explodes w/ the red cone and sliver dustcap.

Me, "That i have a used Bazooka 500wRMS amp in the case what will drive those subs almost perfect...$155 tax and all"

He goes on about how 500w wouldnt do anything to his badass 12's...so i ask what amp he had on them. He pulls out a kicker zx550.3...he had been running it at 2ohm bridged w/ the gain pegged out(cough***wonder why the amp smoked***cough)

I show him on kickers site how that amp is only ~165w x 2 @2ohm stereo. His buddy starts talking sh1t. "man, this guy dont know what he is talking bout"

I looked at the other installer and laughed (i knew these 2 were gonna keep talking sh1t)...i told the other installer, I gotta go to Lowes and pick up that MDF.

I spent the rest of the day building a box for 4 MTX 5512's :-)

Silver Member

15 INCH WANG...

Post Number: 758
Same exact sh!t happened to me!!! Hahahaha

Silver Member
Username: Hgihkcin

Lincoln, NE

Post Number: 144
i know this guy at my school who has a focal 18" of the k2 power series, and everybody thinks its a piece of crap because its not a kicker comp.......

Silver Member
Username: Smoke05

Tucson, Arizona U.S.

Post Number: 410
^lol
I have this friend, and i told him i just bought a Fi Q, then he said that i shouldhave gotten the w6, and that his Kenwood sub will smoke my Fi Q, lol his Kenwood is a 150 watts rms lol.
keep posting the stories, they are fun to read!!

Silver Member
Username: Dakangofkrunk16

PLANET EARTH, FLA

Post Number: 720
ha ha some people are idiots when i had my shitttty kciker in my car this kid chanenged me he thought he was hot sniff sony xplod like every other idiot

So i said what eva and i play a song n he does to mine was louder my gain was set rite and the box was to specs him i dont no about his box most likely not seald kinda small but ne ways he had his gain all the way and what do u no his sht broke ha ha both amp and subs what a dum AZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Bronze Member

Post Number: 56
i was walking thru walmart(yes, walmart) just to see what kind of cheap audio stuff they sold. and this little kid and his mom walked up to a 800 watt pioneer sub. and the 5 year old kid was like "this is what u need right here mom. this thing is one of the best subs you can get." i was just like wow, what a dumb stupid little kid, hopefully when he gets older he will realise what a stupid azz he was

Silver Member
Username: Riskyb

Post Number: 601
Here is a 5 minute old aim conversation:

(22:16:40) x: hey dude im getting my alternator this weekend
(22:16:46) Riskybusiness250: sweet
(22:16:52) Riskybusiness250: you ever get it tuned?
(22:16:55) x: its 250 amp
(22:17:26) Riskybusiness250: for the money it costs to tune it you could just buy a really nice Digital Multimeter and tune it yourself from forever onward
(22:17:29) Riskybusiness250: its easy
(22:17:32) Riskybusiness250: nice
(22:18:12) x: nick said they would tune it and put it in a terminal for free
(22:18:25) Riskybusiness250: terminal?
(22:18:43) x: to find out wat my car is hitting
(22:18:50) Riskybusiness250: oh
(22:18:55) Riskybusiness250: you mean a term lab
(22:19:05) x: haha yeah

I replaced his name with x so none of yall will harass him lol. Most people don't know which way is up in car audio. I really hate when you meet those people with alot of money to waste on car audio and they spend it like a retard. They have shops do everything for them and are too stupid/impatient to learn how to do anything for themselves.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 57
lol. true true

Bronze Member

Post Number: 58
one thing i find weird is on pimp my ride when they install the jackhammer right b 4 they show the guy the sub, they say "so we know your really into car audio" then they show him the jackhammer and the guy didnt even know what it was? oh he know his sh!t. what a moron, he didnt even know it was a sub

Silver Member

PLANET EARTH, FLA

Post Number: 723
that goofy kid wasnt defidently ot into car audio

if they put that in my car i tell them to take it out or i take it out n sell it

Yea i ahte wen people get there sht done so called profesionally soem of these so called pro places sux my freind went to this one place audio limits and they had the gain set rond when i saw it

MOSES PEOPLE ARE DUM

Silver Member
Username: Turnmat

Post Number: 152
no than you let them challenge you and bet like $50.00 and take their f**kin money

Bronze Member
Username: Flamesfan12

Post Number: 14
hey lol...
im one of those idiots who doesnt know sh!t..
and ill probably get made fun of for this,
but umm...
how do i know where to set my gain, i just got an amp and sub (installed myself with alot of help from u guys and the net) and i dont wanna bust it

Silver Member
Username: Riskyb

Post Number: 603
get a digitial multimeter ^^

heres a video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zm4aaC87ARg

Silver Member
Username: Oleg

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 969
I got one!

So my friend's cousin is talking it up how her bf's sh!t will tear both of our sh!t apart. Finally it's Easter and we're all gathered at his auntie's house.

This dude got some amp WITH NO NAME!!! It's tiny and has nothing on it - he uses it for mids. Then he has this other tiny, old kenwood 1000w max or something. His subs are some REALLY old CVRs in a tiny bandpass box. He kept telling me he just got his alt replaced for a new 240A alt - popped his hood, the alt is sooo tiny and he paid $200 for it and it's like 80A. He has some polks and 2 sets of 6x9s in the back...talk about bad imaging. It was all rattly n stuff, nasty. He heard mine and spent 10 mins looking at it pound away. My lil JBL was bigger than both of his amps. He was looking at the circuitry on the JBL - he was amazed or something. He told me he got hooked up with his kickers and only paid $400 a piece!! I was like WTF...then told him we got my friends's CVRs for $75 lol

My friend's system sounds clean as h3ll, but he proceeded to say his sounds cleaner just not to look like a dumbass.

Silver Member

15 INCH WANG...

Post Number: 761
I seen this kid who had a Kingwood HU and he thouhgt it was the best brand in the world. I laughed so hard when I saw the name...

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

A-ToWn, 152-153db Da... My wangers b...

Post Number: 2372
Dont feel bad man... i made people think power acoustik was better then pioneer... and now make people think JL is basically trash (because of prices) and now they want underground things they never heard of.... But i bet that pyle sub is louder then your audioques...... Cuz its a 15" wanger! woooo haha j\p Audioque has some nice stuff.. ive never tried it but never heard anything bad about them.... it would be bad if i did considering all of the backround ive heard about Audioque\DD.. :-)

Gold Member
Username: Wolfman1966

Dont forget to check m...USA

Post Number: 2570
just wondering, a guy named Ibanender on SPLBassX.com seems to know a good bit about car audio, but he said it was better to set the gain by ear than to use a DMM. Any opinions on this guys

oh, and when somebody says their system is better, because its brand name, and you know yours is...call them out....challenge them, and blow their dumbasses away

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

A-ToWn, 152-153db Da... My wangers b...

Post Number: 2382
Well its best to do with a DMM and a AMP CLAMP but you really cant be to sure if its still set EXACTLY right without actually looking at the signal coming out of the amp to tell if its clipping but where its not noticable by the ear. If you know the EXACT output of the amp use a DMM and AMP CLAMP. If your not sure or the amp is under\overrated you can set it with those and then adjust it by ear from there... but adjusting it by ear basically allows you to get a bit more power on underrated amps when you dont know the exact output..

Silver Member

Post Number: 607
this kid challenged me with 2 12 xplods and a 1000 watt amp. Should i listen to the system before i accept the challenge? People around school say its so loud(xplods?) I seen a system with xplods doing 143 on a TL tho so i dk
Mind you i have 1 15" ssd/kicker 750.1

Platinum Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 12160
do it

Gold Member
Username: Killerzracing71

Fredericksburg, Virginia United states

Post Number: 1342
Well when i had my single TSX and mb quart amp 1krms rating....(700-800 due to voltage drops_ ina 1.75 sealed box no one seemed to test me.... realy cuz when u see tha back window n trunk jump all over tha place ppl get scared LOL cant wait for this 5 cube box.....

but one place in fredericksburg called wholesale outlet..... claims to put the biggest and baddest systems in tha burg.... ervy system i have heard from wholesale sucks.... they give them Powerebass subs (decent) then legacy amps wtf... he had an alt. up there n said it cost 600.... he also said that tha RE xxx wont nothing cuz it can hold 10k rms like tha soundstream XXX i was like yeah dude u all sell sony amps.... wtf u know bout 2k rms anyway let alone 10k LMAO

Silver Member

Post Number: 609
what if i get drowned out, im gunna feel 2 inches tall

Silver Member
Username: Splsq

Chesterland , Ohio USA

Post Number: 205
well im in the same sitch as Jamie this kid wants to challenge me at the end of school. ive asked kids if they heard his system and they said it banged. at first i was worried like i was wondering if he had like JL or somethin nice but then he told me that he had 2 10inch Sony Xplods in a "custom" ported box one a 600watt Sony Xplod amp. as soon as i heard it i started to cry laughing. so today after school im going against him. i no i will win. i have 2 12inch Kicker L5s on a Hifonics amp in a sealed(soon ported)box. There not the greatest subs but there pure SPL. im going to try and get some pics of his SH1T and post his system so we can all laugh at him.

Silver Member

Post Number: 610
well im just gonna go for it too...I doubt that he will beat me...if he wins which is doubtful i always have build quality and sound quality on him

Silver Member
Username: Splsq

Chesterland , Ohio USA

Post Number: 207
im going for it to. u guys dont think ill lose do u?

Silver Member

PLANET EARTH, FLA

Post Number: 727
carl if ur l5's dont blow then u should be fine

my f@rts hit better spl levels han sony xplod n last longer lol

Gold Member
Username: Mgbcs

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 1004
No neither of you will lose. Don't worry about it.

Silver Member

PLANET EARTH, FLA

Post Number: 729
turn urs up all the way if ur gain is rite and his gain prolly isnt set rite and his xplod will defidently blow but i dont see u loosing cause someone did hit the 140's b4 but after that his xplod were done so yea

if u can video record this i wanna see this kid get owned

Silver Member

Post Number: 615
the guy challenged me the other day and today we were supposed to have a bump-off and his amp blew so he cant compete anymore. i was like wtf...its funny both ways. 1. SOny sucks 2.He would of got owned N E ways

Bronze Member
Username: Theivan

Dawson Creek, British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 87
ha thats what you have to do. get him to pull his car beside yurs and show him how its done. then leave him wondering why his sony subs pushed by 1200 watts isnt near as lound as your JL, Kickers, PG's or whatever pushed by 500.

Gold Member
Username: Drivingreckless

DD 9515f, 146.2 db Mov...

Post Number: 3319
i got one...this kid wanted to challenge me so we decided to meet up after school, i let him here mine first and by acciddent my subs hit to hard cracked his windshield, then blew one of his doors off, and we were metering it with a walmart meter and i was averaging 1000dbs on music playin country music...it was crazy!!!

i also think my subs were hitting so dast that it was creating a sonic BOOM affect around my car.....it was truely insane, im glad i have sony xplodes they make everything around them explode!!!!

Silver Member
Username: Blazerboy

15 $$D wangi...

Post Number: 547
They dont call them Xplodes for nuttin'!

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 1728
LOL at driving's post

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

IF U HEAR ME... crazydbs.com

Post Number: 4590
thats why i dropped from school they are bunch of noobs in school

Bronze Member
Username: Dakangofkrunk162

Post Number: 39
yea rob that is tru so many have xplods or keenwood and gain alll the way up o yeah and kicker gain all the way up

when ii get my new system ima go visi skool just to own some peepz lol

Gold Member
Username: Hockeyknight

Post Number: 1085
ya i cant stand people who know absolutly nothing about car audio but think that their setup is the loudest because its the only one they have ever heard.......i got a kid at my school thats willing to throw down $$$$ that his 2 12" Dual (bestbuy) subs and 1000w max dual amp will stomp my 1 15" RE Destroyer on a orion 2500d....he went on to say that obviously RE and Orion are cheap no name trash and hes never heard of any of it soo in about a week im gunna absolutley demolish that kid and maybe even have enough $$$ when its done to buy me a kenetic!!!

Gold Member

Post Number: 5816
^^^If you drop out of school you'll wind up talking like Lilrob, er....Kingrob, errrr....Mr.Kingrob. Mr.Lilkingrob? Roblilking???

It's ALWAYS best to keep your mouth shut and let the retarded children talk themselves into their fate. Muuuuch sweeter justice!!!

Peace Lilrob. Don't hate the playa, hate the game!

Silver Member
Username: Freezeman_7

Lindsay, Oklahoma U.S.A

Post Number: 900
my friend on the golf team challenged me the other day. he as two old jbl 12's with there own 250wrms amp. in tiny small truck boxes... he cant stop mouthin on the golf course... we go up to the club house, drive our cars around back, i give him my basscd.. and i jus put in some rap... he had his up to the max vol. i had mine to 26 on a 35... rolled down our windows... and got out.. couldnt even hear his... it was pitaful... my ssd's ate those jbls lunch.. it was great... he doesnt wanna mouth my system anymore.. everyone knows i have the loudest at school.

Silver Member
Username: Mixmastaspig

Canada, Canada Canada

Post Number: 945
Heres one FOR Sony....I used to run (back in the day) a Sony xplod amp (600w I believe) and I went into my 1st stereo comp ever and people were like "What chu got manz".... well long story short I hit 138.4db with 2 12" Type R's in a pre-fab bassworx box (hatch back). I surprised the heck out of a bunch of people and I was happy with that score!

Now I run Helix, so I moved up aways from the "newb" stand point and my best score now has been 145.9 (full trunk set up with Termlab on passengers side window, legal) and got 4th place western finals in BC.

FUTURESHOP
My buddy wanted me to go with hiim to help him with a stereo (he was dumb and wanted one right away) so he wanted to hit up futureshop. The guy tried so sell him a 4 channel MTX amp to power an infinity sub. I stepped in and explained the whole mono channel vs 2/4 and how if he bought the cheaper mono amp it would destroy the 4 channel. They just want to make the most cash out of the deal.

Losers.

Bronze Member
Username: Jtown

Post Number: 98
When you set the gain, do you set it to "40 volts" on every amp? or does the voltage very for rms/max wattage?

Silver Member
Username: Legacyaudio

Post Number: 193
ehh mines nothing amazing, some kid with 2 type E's thought he would get louder than my 2 Eclipse ti's.... needless to say never hearing of a car audio brand is not grounds to think bestbuy sold you top of the line materials,, but it was funny watching him gaze in awe as i turned his windshield wipers on at 25hz

Gold Member
Username: Arande2

Just a matte... Missouri

Post Number: 2338
I've already asked some people at my school what they plan on getting when they get a car (8th grade) and they all say Kicker, Sony, and Audiobahn. I don't say anything, but I just sorta try to change the subject.

Maybe if they ever challenge me during my high school years (I'm not an SPL type person, more SQ or SQL), I'll show them what good really sounds like (and maybe how much louder my SQ subs get than their SPL subs, kicker may be an exception). I dunno. We'll see.

Yeah it amazes me how little people really know.

Silver Member
Username: Reppinqc

Charlotte, NC USA

Post Number: 161
wow your in 8th grade and your already into car audio...thats awesome...what do you wanna get when you get a car?

Gold Member

Just a matte... Missouri

Post Number: 2339
You mean like a system or a car? If you mean car, then I have no idea.

Silver Member

Charlotte, NC USA

Post Number: 163
na...what kinda system you looking at getting...

Silver Member

Charlotte, NC USA

Post Number: 164
i mean even though there will be better subs out by the time you get a system...but if you were to a system today what would you prolly get

Gold Member

Just a matte... Missouri

Post Number: 2342
Something like 2 Fi Q 18s (I like SQ) on a Sundown SAZ-1500d (Elec. upgrade of course) would probably suit me well (if I could fit it in, maybe go 15 if I can't).

Silver Member

Charlotte, NC USA

Post Number: 165
dude you prolly know more than me about car audio. right now i got 2 15" L7's with a 3200watt SPL amp...and its loud (spl) but it has NO SQ at all...i think im gonna switch to a 15" Fi Q or BL...but i dont wanna loose any of my SPL...but yea man thats a good system you got picked out

Gold Member

Just a matte... Missouri

Post Number: 2343
I think it's more about how you use what you know more than how much you know.

Silver Member

Charlotte, NC USA

Post Number: 169
haha so true...so you go to a public school or private?

Gold Member

Just a matte... Missouri

Post Number: 2345
Public...why? Well I have to go anyway.

Bronze Member
Username: M0nkeyman692

Post Number: 56
i went away for a few days this week and my dad wanted to show me his 67' camero that he had that was getting worked on at this shop..

so we go in the shop and he shows me the car and i looked at it for a bit and it looked really nice, then i started walking around the shop and there was an audio department in it so i went in and looked around...

i started talking to the man who worked there and i said are you good with car audio and he said he was the best of the best... haha so i was like ok.... well then whats your favorite subwoofer brand.

he told me that his personal favorite were infinity and sony LOL!

i was like (sarcastically) sweet i heard they are siick lol

then i was like have you ever heard of audioque and he was like nope
then i was like how about dd and he was still like nope and he was looking at me like i was an idiot...
then i was like what kind of amp do you reccomend to people and he was like "i usually stick to sony amps and kenwood amps because they are the most reliable and they are never over or under rated" LOL

so when he said that i just turned around and walked away laughing hahaha

Silver Member

Charlotte, NC USA

Post Number: 179
wow someone needs to inform him that he is a f*cking retard

Bronze Member

Post Number: 60
haha yea he was so confused at why i was laughing the whole time lol

Silver Member

Charlotte, NC USA

Post Number: 180
i wish i could have seen that...those people deserve to not have the right to talk...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 62
hahah it was even better too cause he was talking like he was the biggest man in the world while i was naming out sub brands and he was saying he didnt know them... he must have been thinking that i was just some dumb kid who likes subs that they dont sell at walmart and he wanted to show me up with his supposed great knowledge of car audio.. lol

but i just walked away laughing because i knew it wasnt worth it to argue with him lol

Bronze Member

Post Number: 63
oh and get this... i also asked him what he thought of the L7s and he said their wicked loud and the sound quality was unbeatable lol!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 46
lol im wit u on that i went to audio limits mention FI,DD,Audioque, and ascendant and cdts and he looked at me like i was from another world lol

he went on computer saw those and just goes holly sht these mite be betta then sony i laughed histarically

then he tried sellin me a shitty amp i asked him to read the fuse and tel me the amperes he was lookin all over the amp for the fuse i finally pointed it out i asked how many watts he said 1500 i did math hmm 50 times 12 600 and thats if it is 100% efficient lol

he acked like he was the sht sayin he had kenwood and xplode in his car i said what about an ho alt he said o no u only need them is u got 3000 watts rms then i asked him if he did the big three he said yea we sell them so i just left IDIOT lol

that is the second time i went there and both the managers didnt no sht

b4 i asked what the box he was showin me was tuned to he said what i said the frequency he said depends on the subs u got IDIOT y do they install and dot no sht about nuttin

Bronze Member

Post Number: 71
its funny how in every day life an idiot can pass as a professional to some people but then you get some one who actually knows what their talking about come in the store and it just blows the other guys away and makes him look retarded lol

Gold Member

Post Number: 4627
f'ck paul u think if i drop out of school im gonna be end up living like a poor guy right??? well ur like wrong my friend im 18... i already have a nice job where i get paid some great cash and only work 1 day a week..and my mom its lettting me borrow some money to open a shop :-) so im only gonna be living off my shop :-) but i dont know if i open the shop here or in mexico... im thinkin of going back to mexico to see if they are good places but havent decided yet...

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 1759
" i went away for a few days this week and my dad wanted to show me his 67' camero that he had that was getting worked on at this shop.. "

Umm, I hope their service department is better than their audio department

Bronze Member

Post Number: 76
hahaha yea it is its completely different people just the same building lol

Bronze Member

Post Number: 47
at one point i was tryin to get a job at CC cause im dum lol and i new eva thing on that test but they didnt hire me the kid that got hired i asked him a hole bunch of questions didnt no sht o so u can install a system but he couldnt answer no questions i asked about the subs and all IDIOT

So i do my own thing self employment car audio installation in front of my house i get alot of customers just took care of some one rite now

Bronze Member

Post Number: 82
thats the way to do it anyway lol

Gold Member

Post Number: 5829
Lilrob, good luck. Without a HS diploma and making great $$ working only one day a week means, well, only one thing.
Please don't discourage todays youth of getting an advanced education based simply on a life of "working one day a week".

That is really sad.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4629
NA PAUL MY MOM WORKS FOR ROYAL PRESTIGE :-) SHE OWNS HER OWN BUSINES.... AND SHE DONT EVEN HAVE A HIGHS CHOOL DIPLOMA SHE JUZZ WENT TO ELEMENTARY SCHOL AND WHEN SHE WAS 17 SHE GOT PREGNANT WITH ME :-) IM JUZZ TRYING TO LIVE THE LIFE WHILE IM PREPARING MY FUTURE BRO... I THINK ABOUT IT EVERYDAY AND SINCE THE DAY I GOT IN HIGH SCHOOL... AND WAT IM GONNA TRY TO LIVE WITH IM NOT GONNA NEED A HIGHS CHOOL DIPLOMA... :-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 5831
Dude, if you make it work........great. Just don't break/dodge any laws. And please turn off the caps.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 55
4 of my friends dropped out and they makin more than people that went to college it all depends if u drop out and have a plan or no what ur doin
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us