? about hooking i pods or mp3 players to ure HU

Silver Member
Username: Mike_16

Burlington, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 508
ok me n my bro tryed hoking his mp3 player to my alpine HU and it wokred except liek it didnt let you turn ure volume up on ure HU only the mp3, or maybe teh other way around , but anyways once it got to a level it didnt let you turn it up any more and it wasnt even that loud, to let you knwo it was rca's we hooked into the hu . can anyone tell me why it dioes that?

Silver Member
Username: Smoke05

Tucson, Arizona U.S.

Post Number: 405
you used the rca? to conect it to the stereo? i never heard anyone doing that, try the casset, aux adapter or even the "ipod adapter" for you headunit, and you should always turn the volume just from your headunit

Silver Member

Burlington, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 511
yea cuz he had a rca that pluged into his mp3, and we did plug it into the aux, but wear can u fiind a ipod adapter and how much do they cost?

Username: Dakangofkrunk162

Post Number: 8
they have them at best buy or http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_2852_Alpine+KCA-420i.html

nor mally im against bb but my bro got one for 20

Bronze Member
Username: Theivan

Dawson Creek, British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 81
an ipod adapter for decks is usually about $50 (canadian). i dont know why you wouldnt be able to turn the volume anymore on the deck. check and see if you are set to low output on your deck (mine had that only went to 30 switched to hight output and goes to 50) and also try setting the aux gain or volume adjust on the deck.

Silver Member

Burlington, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 515
ok dru da jew.. that is a litle expensive, but thats not the thing i was looking for.. and what do u mean there is a low outpt n ure deck and a high? do u mean loudness? if so my volume is the same bu i dont even think i have a loudness on my 9856 alpine ivan. do i? i havnt found it.and i have no aux gain either ivan , my aux dont do anyhting lol.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
no i no what he means i have it to it is either under setting or under ur other setting hard to explain in mine i just hold the power button and push src and it goes to factory setting i believe it would be int here and if ur amp gain on the hu is set to low that could be a reason y
i no it is expensive that is y i said get the one a bb it is only 20

Bronze Member

Post Number: 86
press menu then press mode, use >> and << to get to subwoofer then press mode you can turn it on or off right? now if you start out again you can select your subwoofer system maybe? im not sure exactly how your deck works.

i think thats how yours is. just look around in your settings...theres lots of stuff i still dont understand on my own deck ill ask my friend later and repost i thnk he has the same deck.

heres the link to your decks online manual:

http://vault.alpine-usa.com/products/documents/OM%20CDA-9856.PDF

Silver Member

Burlington, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 529
ok thanx fo rtha manual .. but yea theres a thing wear u can chnage it to all sound for stock or al bass from sub and no sound.. there is also a sub 1 and 2 to make it deeper, umm i thin that is it fo rthe sub selection though. ill lok at that manual..but its weird because why woud i have to trun that on if when i dont hav eteh mp3 player in it is just fine? aand when i put it in i is not half as loud? why woudl things change?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 90
if your deck is like mine, each source can have different settings. so your cds are loud enough so maybe look in your aux in or whatever your mp3 player plug in is in and try to find a volume adjustment. my deck has one for every source.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 91
and just a quick note....your mp3 volume should be turned up to about 3/4 of the way and then control the rest of the volume on your deck this is what you are doing right?

Silver Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 916
Damn Mike, you give Lil Rob, Dru and some others a run for their (lack of) money with your spelling. Do you really think "your" is spelled ure?

Silver Member

Burlington, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 530
lol brad i just use it for a short your cuz im lazy at typing . ok ivan..but i odubt myne is liek that , cu zi have tryed b4 when you go to aux and set things but i cant even figure out how to change anyhting on aux..

Silver Member

Burlington, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 534
dru.. i looked at that manual it actually does have what you said man, i was wrong,, i didnt knwo it had half teh sh.t it has.. it has a seting for bass freq, a treble freq, and that aux thing that make su chnage the volume, i just still don tunderstand oen hting.. when ever i play a cd the mp3 thing that shows teh words never ever has worked and i read about it an dstil dont get how it works , and it sais u can liek have a bunch of files in teh cd player of music.. do they mean you can store them in teh cdplayer? i wish i knew how to do the mp3player thign wiht words and al that but i have to print that book out cuz it has allot of stuff i dont knwo about.. half teh stuff prolyl would make my sh.t sound bette rif i kne wit had it b4 lol.

Silver Member

Burlington, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 536
bump!

Silver Member

Post Number: 103
if it is a burnt cd it wont work unless u got dbpowerconvertor and use the id3 tag to burn the words on the cd if it is a non burned cd just his DISP a couple of times till it shows up

Lol brad run for lack of money im jewish i got money lol j/k but yeah it hard readin what u riting dont get me rong im lazy rite now the remote is on the other couch and i dont feel like gettin up to get it so im stuck watchin GO Deigo Go lol

Silver Member

Burlington, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 540
lol dru nice show .. j/p man.. well i just got a burnt cd from my friend chayne and i push the title button on the right and then it sais soemthing i pushed it again and then it showed teh words but if i switch teh song it doesnt hav eteh words i have to push tiutle again. and i read that book manual and it sais fo rteh ffeq for bass and rtreble push power/source and nahh it dont work. that is for to chnage to cd to aux to tuner. nto anything fdo rbass or treble. so idfk what is up wiht it and the band and function button dont do sh.t either man idk im gonna print that manual out . an di still dont get how to mak eit so u can chnag 3ethe vloume when using aux cuz i tried an dnon eof teh buttons do anything.

Silver Member

Post Number: 116
holy crap are u jerkin off and climaxin while u type lol j/k seriously im trin to read it but i cant type slower or sumtin

Silver Member

Post Number: 120
bump

Silver Member

Burlington, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 547
ok n/m u have to do a step to get to the freq fro bass and treble and yea sry bout the messed up words i was in a hurry lol, but yea i printed all teh pages off of teh manual that i wil need i just didntget the ones about the sat radio and xm radio and how to install i just printed teh stuff for teh sound and sh.t but thanx for gettin the manual for me ivan.. and dru lol yea im typing slower now .. theres just stpe su have to do to get to teh sound settings . liek i knew hwo to do bass treble and sub and stuff but not the frequency for them i wounder ow much better itl sound once i get to mess wiht those settings.

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

IF U HEAR ME... crazydbs.com

Post Number: 4668
u could use some line drivers hifonics makes a decent one...

http://www.maxxsonics.com/hifonics/sigproc_ipod.html

and ummm check the ipods volume and check you alpine volume too... it be that the rca from the headunit accept higher voltage signals and the ipod its too low..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 93
rob....thats what i said!! ha nice allrighty mess around with your deck settings for a bit and post back later. no problem for the manual hope it helps

Silver Member

Burlington, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 549
sweet i figured out how to chnage teh freq and al that stuff i never kenw how to .. wow .. but ye ai htink im just gonan get that hting from best buy for cheap. thanks guys
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us