Ascendant Audio Question (no it's not a "when" question)

Silver Member
Username: Mgbcs

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 967
Does anyone know if the plan is to simply revamp the three subs they were selling prior to this (Assassin, Arsenal, Havoc)? Will they be sticking with these, only upgraded? Or will there be a new woofer out right away?

Maybe it's still up in the air?

Silver Member
Username: Gh0st_31

FL USA

Post Number: 397
I think that they were going to keep the same lines and just revamp them. dont quote me though

Silver Member

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 969
No quotes...got ya lol. It's all speculation on the consumer side anyway.

I thought I saw that they were possibly coming out with a monster, but I could be mistaken...

What did the Havoc compare to? I was just getting into car audio when these were still available, so I don't know much about AA.

Silver Member

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 975
No one? What did the Havoc compare to?

Silver Member
Username: Jkidder

Spring hill, Florida Usa

Post Number: 442
fi bl

Silver Member
Username: Gh0st_31

FL USA

Post Number: 400
Thats kind of a tough comparison. If wreak havoc was around he could probly give you an idea. Its a pretty unique woofer.

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio

Post Number: 3116
baseballer87 i think was his name on here did a drop in test between a RE sx, AA ava, and AA havoc and with 1000wrms he said the havoc was by far the loudest and he couldn't tell a sq diference between it and the sx, i also remember seeing a thread where some guy was doing like 154db's at 30hz with 4 15's havoc's and like 3000wmrs total.

Silver Member

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 978
OK...but it's more like a BL or 3500 than a BTL, HD3, or 9500 right?

Gold Member

Hicksville, Ohio

Post Number: 3117
id say it needs as much power as a bl or 3500 but gets as loud as a btl or 9500, LOL hope that makes sense.

Silver Member

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 979
Yeah it makes sense. Why the hell would anyone buy a 9500 or BTL then if the Havoc is as loud on less power? What was the previous price on the Havoc?

Gold Member

Hicksville, Ohio

Post Number: 3118
not many people know about AA, plus when they first came out AA didn't update the site to say they where out so you'd have to call and ask for them so less people new about them, but yes they are very good sql subs and chad(the owner of AA) is a great guy to talk to, very very good customer service.

Silver Member

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 981
Awesome...and I am sure that the new ones will be even nicer. I can't wait!!!!!!!

Silver Member
Username: Splmonster

Nowhere, OH USA

Post Number: 741
awsome customer service, chad is such a great guy, i love my arsenal, cant wait till there new lines comes out, the havoc is definatly a beast, but it would be between a bl and btl it is such a great cheap woofer, that is the best part about AA they are one of the best bang for your buck woofers on the market

Silver Member
Username: Jkidder

Spring hill, Florida Usa

Post Number: 443
havoc isnt as loud as a 9500 first of all. its more on par w/ a 3500. after 1500 watts the 9500 would take off.

Silver Member

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 982
What was the price of the Havoc?

Silver Member
Username: Splmonster

Nowhere, OH USA

Post Number: 742
im thinkin it was like 350 because i think my arsenal was around 250

Silver Member

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 983
That sounds about right. Hopefully the price will be similar for the new line.

Gold Member

Hicksville, Ohio

Post Number: 3119
"havoc isnt as loud as a 9500 first of all. its more on par w/ a 3500. after 1500 watts the 9500 would take off."

so you've heared both right in proper boxes with proper power right? if not that statement means jack sh1t.

Silver Member

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 984
I haven't heard either, it is just hard to believe a $350 sub with 1200watts would be as loud as a $600 sub with 2000watts. I know both are great companies...

Silver Member
Username: Fi_car_audio

Hades, NV

Post Number: 163
OK... you CAN quote me on it ;)

We are revamping the current 3 lines. Assassins will feature a reworked motor, beefier dual 4 Ohm coil, new curvilinear cone, and cast basket to match the other lines.
Aresenals will feature a triple stack motor with a new cone and surround. Still a 2.5" coil.
Havoc will see the most change. Triple stack with a 3" coil on that, increased Xmax and overall linearity. Still a strong sub, but it will be fairly well rounded in SQ performance as well. I have another idea that Im kicking around for it and in talking to several dealers and seeing what their needs are, there might be a secondary version of the Havocs in 15" and 18" only with some tweaks to things.

Now on to prices... Assassins will go up. No two ways around it. More steel in the motor, cast basket, beefier coil... not too mention materials costs have gone up drastically over the past year. Aresenal and Havoc prices will come down some (MORE than offsets the increases in the Assassin pricing). Of course this is all based off our online sales outlet and their pricing. MSRPs and your local dealer pricing will differ (dealers could be more or less than the direct outlet).

Now when will all this be done? I dont know ;) I have received some of the parts, and we are waiting on other bits and pieces to come in before we can run production on things... the new warehouse in Vegas is taking shape too. No preorders or silly things like that. When the shelves are stocked, we will announce it and start kicking them out the door.

Thanks,
Scott

Silver Member

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 990
Thanks for all the info Scott!

Silver Member
Username: Skies

Courtenay, British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 607
That sounds great Scott,

But, does that mean AA will no longer be direct, and now go through dealers?

This might be old news I missed. :S

Silver Member
Username: Fi_car_audio

Hades, NV

Post Number: 168
Not direct through Ascendant. We will only be taking dealer orders. But we will have an online retailer that will carry the products... and be very close to us at the same time.
Nothing to worry about with pricing either. Things will be set... its just easier for us to focus on dealers and distributor orders than it is for direct customer sales. As Im sure you can understand, I went through that with my previous company and found that 95% of calls and emails for direct customers equated to about 5% of overall sales. Cutting out this portion of things with Ascendant allows us to keep pricing better as well. As you can imagine it is easy to find a body to answer a phone, but it is cloese to impossible to find one tht knows there @ss from a hole in the ground when it comes to sales, tech, and everything else that gets asked in the same conversation.
Ascendant does have its own forum (happens to be next door to the Fi forum :-) ) and we do spend quite a bit of time there as well. The other techs from Fi will do some double duty with the AA forum too.
I like the community that is building around Fi on the forum and we intend to do the same thing with AA. Seems to work well so far with Fi not having a direct phone line... and I appreciate being able to actually work during business hours instead of getting secretary butt from sitting at a desk all day on the phone ;)

Thanks,
Scott

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 2096
I wouldn't mind getting some secretary's azz :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us