Zx 1ohm stable?

Silver Member
Username: Budling

Cali USofA

Post Number: 260
Whats up peeps? I recently got a 12" Fi Q and I have it in an enclosure 2.5 @30hz.
Still have yet to decide on an amp to power this bad mama jama. I have a few choices though.

Memphis PRD1000.1
Elemental Designs Nine.1
Avionixx NXD 2400M (same as nine.1)
Directed Audio 2400D
Sundown Audio SAE-1000D
Sundown Audio SAZ-1500D
Earthquake PH2000W/D1.1
Massive Audio P1500.1

By the way, the Q is dual 2ohm. I was thinkin maybe a zx750.1 or zx1000.1 if they are able to run at 1ohm stable. Or maybe even a zx2500.1 a 4ohm. Any opions or advice is appreciated.

Silver Member
Username: Showrides

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 514
Well your budget is a big factor. Of course just about everyone would prefer a SAZ-1500D over a p1500.1, but if you don't have $450 to spend, then the Massive would be a better choice. So what is your budget, and how much power are you looking to give the q?

Silver Member

Cali USofA

Post Number: 262
I think I will have to cut my amp budget off at $250-$450 and im lookin to give it atleast 1000wrms and no more than 1500wrms.

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 4047
unless you have the new power handling options on the q i'd stick with around 1000-1500wrms (if smart with it) to the q. and to let you know the zx line is 2ohm stable, the sx and kx line is 1ohm stable.

Silver Member

Cali USofA

Post Number: 263
Thanx ct, thats what I thought.

Silver Member

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 515
Well the Sundown 1500D I can make fit into your budget. I am not sure what Jacob is selling the 1000's for, or if they are in yet. But that would probably also do very well with the Q. The Massive would be good if you were on a lower budget and dindn't want to spend $450. Plenty of people run the nine.1 and that usually works out well. Those I think would be your best choices out of the listed amps.

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 4048
the sundown 1000d is $225 shipped and it wont ship until may 9th i believe i was told (have 2 on the way:-))

Silver Member

Cali USofA

Post Number: 264
Yeah, I really like the SAZ1500D, but im worried it might be a bit too much power. And the SAE1000D can be picked up for $250 right now, but I dont really care for the way it looks.

This is my order of first pick to last

Elemental Designs Nine.1
Directed Audio 2400D
Sundown Audio SAE-1000D
Memphis PRD1000.1

Silver Member

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 516
Thanks for the info ctmike. Deff. get in on introductory pricing with Sundown whenever you can. You always get a great deal.

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 4049
no problem. and woofer your right a single sundown 1000d is $250 shipped. i got it confused cause i ordered 2 for $450. still good price though. and out of those amps you suggested personally i'd go with sundown if you can wait but if not i'd go with the nine.1. you'll easily get upwards of 1400wrms on a strong charging system and the price is still really good on it.

Silver Member

Cali USofA

Post Number: 265
Kool, Thanx for the replys ctmike.

Silver Member

Cali USofA

Post Number: 266
bump to the bang

Silver Member

Cali USofA

Post Number: 270
I also forgot to mention-

I will be usin the stock alt(100 amp)in a 1992 Lincoln Mark VII.

Silver Member

Cali USofA

Post Number: 271
ctmike, iz april 25th the last day to preorder?

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 4050
from what i remember reading i think it is.

Silver Member

Cali USofA

Post Number: 286
bump
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us