Sub Connections

Bronze Member
Username: Wylie_coyote

Post Number: 32
ok imagine (loosely) the below diagram is a sub with connection terminals on each side:-

A(-) C(+)
B(+) D(-)

i can't remember which way round the polarity is supposed to be but i think this is right, anyway how wud u wire this up, as in A-c then B-D and then connect A-B to the box and eventually to the amp.

Does that make sense??

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 2042
It all depends on what Ohm load you are planning on running.You can either run it in parallel where you connect all the positives together and then all the negatives together or you can run it in series.Where you send 1 positive from the amp to the positive on coil 1 and then you run a wire from the negative on coil 1 to the postive on coil 2 and then you run the negative of coil 2 into your negative terminal on the amplifier.

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Cambodian

Post Number: 2493
on the left it has + and - and on the right side has + and -

Connect left sides - to right sides +.

Use left sides + to amp and use right sides - to the amp. Hope that makes sense.

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/rftech/woofer_wizard.asp?submitted=true&woofer_qt y=1&woofer_imp=3

Picture # 2. You wanted to do series right?

Bronze Member
Username: Wylie_coyote

Post Number: 34
not too sure what kinda load my amp can take so not sure which kind of connection i need but thanks guys that actually helped alot, i'm going through a phase of double checking all my connections at the moment, i had some idiot fit everything in and i don't think he did it properly, it wudda been easier if i just did it my self. guess thats the price u pay for being lazy

and Rob is that post number legit?? dam man u been here for ages
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us