Opinions on hu

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 4035
going to order a new hu later, probably by midnight, so just looking for suggestions. was going to go pioneer but want to try something different this time. also considered alpine but they either have to low of preout voltage or when you get above that they kinda look stupid imo with the display/button colors. so i think it's one of these 3. all look kinda nice, unless someone has had a personal problem with one in particular.

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-vtVoGsfpXxZ/cgi-bin/ProdComp.asp?g=300&s=0&cc=01&hi desimilar=&compareitems=099CD3100&removeitems=099CD3100&compareitems=113KDCX791& compareitems=133C8803&compareitems=113KDCX990

and yes, going to order from here if i get one of these. oh, and all i listen to is mixtapes/cd's so ipod/mp3 player options is not a big deal. basically biggest concern is 4v or higher preouts, 3 preouts, and build quality.

Silver Member
Username: Gh0st_31

FL USA

Post Number: 378
kenwood makes very good products. I had one for my last deck and worked for 2 years no problem. It probly wouldve went longer but it was my user error that broke it lol. Anyways for $50 bucks more, the 990 is what I would do.

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

Hit you in the chest m...

Post Number: 2022
I'd go with something eclipse personally... They have 5v preouts and a lot of options.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 1681
You mean you ARE going to order from there? You know they are waaaaaaaaaaaaay overpriced right?

But anyway, I would take the Panasonic. Kenwood's amps suck as$, so how good can their HUs be........

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 4036
yeah, if i order one of those three, i'll probably get it from there. being financially a single father money doesn't come my way alot, so i figured i'd get it from an authorized dealer with extended 2 year warranty. plus i have the money saved up so it's not like it's more money i have to shell out then planned. and of all the authorized dealers near me/online crutchfield is actually the cheapest i've found. go figure.

Silver Member
Username: Gh0st_31

FL USA

Post Number: 384
kenwood makes solid decks, I have about 4-5 people I know that own them and they havent sh!tted out once on them. And that is their lower end. Their amps do suck but it doesnt mean their HUs do

Gold Member
Username: Adam_s

15 TC9 Hybrid, RE MT Softparts

Post Number: 1036
I have a kenwood headunit right now and am very happy with it. It works great for me and something I really like with it is that it plays the AAC files from my iTunes.

Silver Member
Username: Mrskullz1

Brooklyn, New York

Post Number: 190
kenwood makes great H/U's. I have a friend who owns a kenwood H/U and its awesome. Sounds/looks really nice and has plenty of features. IMO I would go with the 3rd headunit on that page. Crutchfield is overpriced but it has excellent service and wont let you down. If not ebay, crutchfield is great.

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 4039
thanks for all the suggestions. yeah that 3rd one does look nice, and especially since it's like half off. hopefully i'll get my hu and some wiring ordered tonight.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us