Building your own speaker? How many have tried?

Silver Member
Username: Afroopuff

Post Number: 413
So after too long...i finished installing my system, and I'm stoked...only now i have nothing to tinker with or work on. Instead of spending thousands of dollars and buying another system and updating...i was thinking about trying to learn how to build my own speaker. I have done very little research up to this point, just reading some basic(bcae) stuff. Just wondering how many other people have tried this...and is there any chance of me building a speaker that is even close to halfway decent

Silver Member
Username: Snarl2004

Audioque 12 SD2.5s, Earthquake P...

Post Number: 873
"and is there any chance of me building a speaker that is even close to halfway decent"

^^^^never tried building my own speaker but my opinion is no

i would think you would end up spending more money if you tried to build your own but then again i have been wrong befor

Silver Member
Username: Afroopuff

Post Number: 416
haha, not exactly encouraging, but something i do need to hear...other opinions

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 5697
Wolfman posted a vid awhile back of how subs are made. Was pretty cool. Also shows the work involved. Wish I had the link.

WOLFMAN, POST THE D@MN LINK.

Silver Member
Username: Yukhui

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina USA

Post Number: 455
ive turned a 10" into a pretty awesome 8" sub. my mom threw away the dust cap when cleaning out my room so unfortunatly it doesnt it doesnt have one haha

Silver Member
Username: Sinful_systems70

15 INCH WANG...

Post Number: 687
Post vids if possible.

Silver Member
Username: Hgihkcin

Lincoln, NE

Post Number: 141
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IAHusSuzyQ

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 5705
^^^Yup, that's the one!

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

Hit you in the chest m...

Post Number: 2028
Damnit... I was gonna pull a wedding crashers line.

WOLFMAN... THE LINK! F*CK!

Gold Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 1210
alex a.k.a ATF tried it and failed. Couldn't find all the parts in small quantities or something like that. Good luck to you though

Gold Member
Username: Wolfman1966

Dont forget to check m...USA

Post Number: 2563
reece, the link is up there,nick posted it.

Silver Member
Username: Fi_car_audio

Hades, NV

Post Number: 155
Hey... I was in the same position a dozen+ years ago. Now I make a living out of it.
Try to find broken or junk laying around first and try to cobble together things before you jump on into it. And Andrew Capps is probably right... its not wasy to find and buy all the parts to build 3 subs. I buy things in 500+ or more at a time.

Thanks,
Scott

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

Hit you in the chest m...

Post Number: 2036
I know it is.... That's why I said damnit. Because it woulda been perfect. Since it would have been perfect I decided to say it anyways, haha.

I hope someone knows the line I'm talking about in the movie.

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

A-ToWn, 152-153db Da... My wangers b...

Post Number: 2346
Anybody know what size VC a 12" audiobahn immortal has? I think its 3.5 or 4" but i wannted to try and recone it with better soft parts for the hell of it...and if that works... go ahead and add my own type of cooling any suggestions on a recone kit that might fit? Not anything serious... just somthing to d1ck around with. I have 13" W1 motors\baskets to..

Silver Member
Username: Fi_car_audio

Hades, NV

Post Number: 157
If they havent changed them from when they first came out, they are a 3" coil. I have reconed a few of them.

Thanks...
Scott

Gold Member
Username: Thomas_g

NM

Post Number: 2287
I have thought of making one also, just some weird questions though, like what determines the power handling of the speaker?? The amount of layers or winds the vc is made of?? Or ive tried and ive thought what could you use for the medal part inside of the wire for the vc that is light weight, flexible, durable, and works to be magnetic?? How does the vc have to be lined up with the spider?? Its all weird and complicated IMO. I would love to make one though.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us