Ot: computer problems

Gold Member
Username: Hockeyknight

Post Number: 1080
so i have been having major problems with my comp lately.....i think my HD is goin cuz when i turn it on i can hear sumthin spin up and then it kinda sounds like its rubbing on sumthing..i checked my fans and thats not it.....also when windows boots up about 2 min later everything freezez and then it stops sending a signal to my screen...can someone let me know whats goin on???

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 2012
Well as far as the sound goes,it could be a hard drive problem but fans sometimes go bad and aren't noticeable right away.If the fan is slipping on the armature of the motor it will emit a sound that is similar to what you're describing.The freezing of your computer could be due to over-heating and that would cause it to pretty much shut down.Check your fans by disconnecting them one by one or watching the RPM very carefully to see if everything is operating normal.You should also try formatting your hard drive at a last resort,it may be full of viruses overloading your PC.If that doesn't do it then get yourself a new hard drive,they're not too expensive depending on what you get.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 6123
Open up the computer and check the cpu and powersupply fans. If it's the PS fan, then you will have to replace the whole thing, unless you feel like opening it up.
The CPU fan should be easier to detect. You'll see right on top of CPU. If it's not spinning at full speed, replace it.
When a system freezes, it can be caused by bad memory, cpu overheating due to dead or almost dead fan.
If everything else is fine and you still suspect it's the HD, then download a software like partition magic/spinrite. They will allow you to by-pass bad boot sector. I did that on my notebook.

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Cambodian

Post Number: 2481
Go into your BIOS and check what they mentioned above. Check the temperature of your CPU and at how many RPMS your fan is spinning at. Going into your BIOS could help you eliminate some of the factors mentioned above.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us