In dash screen tv tuner signal

Bronze Member
Username: Mwyant19

Arlington, Texas Usa

Post Number: 30
i just installed a jensen vm9511ts which comes with a tv tuner... but the reception is terrible. is there a way to easily boost the signal? also what the hell should i put all the switches and dials on in back of my jl 1000 watt amp in order to get the best bass out of my jl 13w7?

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

F uck fuckid... Fi Audio

Post Number: 1675
"i just installed a jensen vm9511ts which comes with a tv tuner... but the reception is terrible. is there a way to easily boost the signal?"

only thing i can think of is an actual antenna lol. you should only get in the basic 2,4,7 channels though, so i wouldn't bother dropping $ into it, unless you got a legit box/satellite thing

"what the hell should i put all the switches and dials on in back of my jl 1000 watt amp"

read manuals much? thats some nice equipment, you should know how to use it

Bronze Member

Arlington, Texas Usa

Post Number: 31
lol i bought it used the amp is much more advanced than ive ever owned

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

Hit you in the chest m...

Post Number: 2011
Go to the local shop and ask them to set it for you... I would hate for you to f*ck nice stuff up because you're a moron.

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

F uck fuckid... Fi Audio

Post Number: 1677
http://mobile.jlaudio.com/pdfs/6892.pdf

Silver Member
Username: Dakangofkrunk16

PLANET EARTH, FLA

Post Number: 652
1. Disconnect speakers.
2. Turn your gain/input sensetivity all the way down. Turn off bass boost and any crossovers.
3. Turn on your head unit. Set the volume control to 3/4 of full. Set all equalization and bass/treble controls to zero. Turn off loudness and BBE processing.
4. Probe your amplifier's outputs.(using a DMM digital multimeter can pick up radioshack,walmart and other for a cheap amount of money)
5. Insert your tone CD. Select a tone within your amplifier's playing range.
6. Play your selected tone and adjust the gain until you reach your target voltage.
7. Reconnect your speakers and verify proper operation. Set crossovers and adjust levels for proper tonal balance.

http://mobile.jlaudio.com/pdfs/594.pdf that one has pictures and it is made for ur amp and sub scroll to bottom

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 12222
don't be intimidated by all the switches. they are fairly simple.

if your sub is in the trunk i would set the xover slope 12b and if its in the same listening cabin, i would set it to 24db.

bassboost......i don't recomend it. you have the choice to set it to which freuency you want to boost and how wide you want it but it has its ups and downs. it will only sound good on certain songs while sounding not so good on others. so in other words don't use it.

ssf....set it to whatever you like.

Bronze Member

Arlington, Texas Usa

Post Number: 32
ya i messed around with some of the settings last night and i got it sounding really solid. this thing bumps like crazy. now i just need to get dynamat trunk kit. has anyone used this product? i will get license plate kit also cuz my license plate rattles just as loud as the sub hits hah its rediculous. does this stuff really work?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us