Starting the think the installer fucked me

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

Hit you in the chest m...

Post Number: 1995
I know everyone will say DIY, but my parents won't let me try to work on my car. When I had my stock HU I could keep the bass up on the unit and keep my bass knob at 1/4 way up, but I got my Panasonic flip out installed and sh!t has gone haywire. The installer told me to use the bass boost to turn up the bass. I can turn the EQ on the 16-30 hz all the way up, but if the bass knob is all the way down then there is very little bass. I tried putting it at 1/4 and it's still nothing compared to what it used to be. What could be the problem?

Silver Member
Username: Kaerfpl

Spencerport, NY USA

Post Number: 505
GET RID OF THE BASS KNOB!!! Bass Knobs always screws things up. Just use the setting adjustments that are on the amplifier

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

A-ToWn, 152-153db Da... My wangers b...

Post Number: 2324
^Agree.... Did the stock HU have RCA outputs? Or did you use RCA line modulator for the amp with it? That would be your problem right there... Line Modulator......lotta output dirty signal.. Or if you did have RCA;s which i have yet to see on a stock HU.... it might of had a higher preout voltage then the new HU... and the installer didnt set the gain accordingly? What kind of amp?

Silver Member
Username: Spkrman

Chi town, IL U S A

Post Number: 446
turn up the bass knob..?

adjust the bass with the sub level, NOT with the eq... set the EQ to flat in the bass region, your interior speaks will thank you.

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

A-ToWn, 152-153db Da... My wangers b...

Post Number: 2325
^thats why i run all my speakers threw seperate amps :-) set the gain accordingly to the EQ for every speaker :-) I hate running speakers from the HU it never sounds as good as what even a cheap amp will do with the speakers.... except you can get amps that are to cheap and make the HU output look good... in that case... you deffinetly shouldnt buy your own car audio.. haha

Gold Member

Post Number: 2003
I had a line driver with my stock HU... I've dicked with the sub levels on the unit, but it still doesn't get 1/4 as loud as my stock HU on my sub. Thanks for the EQ suggestion though cuz I've noticed my speakers distorting and I always just turn the line flat. I'm probably gonna buy a box form you, Mark just so I can get you to drive down here and fix this audio mess my car has turned into... I think I might get my stock HU put back in....

Gold Member

Post Number: 2016
bump...

Gold Member

Post Number: 2017
That's the problem... I can put the sub level at 10, but it sounds the same at 10 as it does at 0 or -10. The installer mus thave just sh!t on me.

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 4052
unplug the bass knob from the amp, then mess with the gain settings on the amp while the HU is turned up. also make sure the settings on the HU are good and check RCAs

Bronze Member
Username: Theivan

Dawson Creek, British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 66
hahaha........your installer knows nothing. DONT USE THE BASS BOOST TO SET YOUR BASS!!! bass boost is a good way of screwing stuff up. set your eq to flat and set your input sensor (gain) for how you want it. then after that you can set your eq to how you want it. generally dont set your bass boost up more than half way cause it blows up your subs...after that go ahead and set up your control knob. :-)

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 11941
that bass knob attenuates teh signal to that amp.
if you turn it down, it's like turning down the volume to the amp.
reset teh amp gains for the new head unit, and leave the bass boost knob turned up or just disconnect it.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 2025
Like people say,if you want something done right then do it yourself.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2021
That's what I said in my first post in hopes of not hearing your a*s say that. I dicked with the the amp settings a little bit nothing major. It sounds good without turnin my 16hz EQ up, but it still doesn't hit like it used to.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2032
I'm pretty sure I figured out what the problem is. The dumbass didn't connect the right RCA's so I'm gonna check the RCA tomorrow. I did some asking around and I don't think he connected the sub level to the woofer, because the sub level on the HU can be at -10 or +10 and it sounds the same.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us