Edead?

Silver Member
Username: Afroopuff

Post Number: 410
What is a good deadening product that i can use for my car. I know edead is a good prodcut, but which one of the three they sell is the best deal...without beeing impossible for an idiot like me to do. IS there any other products cheaper that still do it well.

Gold Member
Username: Trey4sports

Post Number: 1013
ebay is teh best source source for that, but i think edaed is cheapest

Silver Member
Username: Tatonka

Post Number: 183
PEEL N SEEL!

$15 per 25ft long roll at lowes. Works wonders..

Gold Member
Username: Matt12490

California USA

Post Number: 2229
I have used edead v1SE or something like that. It worked well. I heard the regular v1 will start falling off after a while, but my v1SE never showed signs of falling off, so I would say go with that stuff.

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 4016
i use the lower edead and never had a problem. cheap enough to do several layers to.

Silver Member
Username: Smoke05

Tucson, Arizona U.S.

Post Number: 359
edead th seond version is cheap and esay to install

Gold Member

Post Number: 1020
peel n seal isnt that great, its asphalt based and doesnt dampen nearly as well as butyl based deadner. and it falls off quite easily, please dont buy any ive heard horror stories of this stuff

Silver Member
Username: Riskyb

Post Number: 597
"peel n seal isnt that great, its asphalt based and doesnt dampen nearly as well as butyl based deadner. and it falls off quite easily, please dont buy any ive heard horror stories of this stuff"

Those stories are definitly exaggerations because this stuff is nearly as good as the butyl based. Not to mention its like 1/30th the cost. Not as good a butyl? H3ll put down like 3 layers it will still be wayy cheaper.

http://www.sounddeadenershowdown.com/

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 4019
but it will also smell to when it gets really hot.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1022
that link merely backed up the idea asphalt is inferior.

"When I started this investigation, one of my primary objectives was to figure out why so many people seemed to have trouble with their mat falling off. If you search the Web for sound deadener falling off, you will see lots of cases of asphalt mats failing and no failures that I have been able to find involving butyl based mats. It just isn't possible that user error would be so neatly divided."

thats just a little snippet. i wouldnt use an asphalt based deadner unless your REALLY cash strapped

Silver Member
Username: Kaos15th

Post Number: 446
nope^^ i have three layers in my car its been over a year now its not falling off or stinking and i live in AZ......

Silver Member
Username: Hellbender

Winnetka, California USA

Post Number: 219
i had the peel and seal from home depot and lowes in my old s10 blazer and while it didnt fall off completely in the california heat last summer it came off enough in my front passenger door to catch on the window and get it stuck. When i finally got the window to roll up it had smeared peel and seal all over the corner of the window.What an ungodly mess that was to clean up.It may not happen to all of the peel and seal users out there but why take that chance? I now use the butyle-based stuff that elemental designs has now and a layer of teklite over that. I will never use asphalt based deadeners again especially peel and seal, IMO you get what you pay for.

Silver Member

Post Number: 411
Well the controversy is a little much for me. I am going to stick to edead...but i shouldnt do the liquid stuff because that is way hard to install huh?

Silver Member

Winnetka, California USA

Post Number: 220
I am not sure on that as i havent used it myself but from what i have heard about it is more on the level of being too time consuming as you have to wait for it to dry between layers. I have found that the new edead buytl based stuff is very easy to apply and mould to your cars shape. Good luck on your purchase and let us know what you decide to go with :-)

on a similair note read up on ensolite or teklite by ed, i am in the middle of applying some myself and i cant wait to hear the results.

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

151.9db Dail... My wangers b...

Post Number: 2309
"I have used edead v1SE or something like that. It worked well. I heard the regular v1 will start falling off after a while, but my v1SE never showed signs of falling off, so I would say go with that stuff."

I think im using V1SE or V2SE? i think V1 tho... but it sticks fine, even where water gets to it :-) (thats around the inner seals by the weatherstripping.

Silver Member

Winnetka, California USA

Post Number: 221
the v1 and the v1se are the asphalt based products thier new line is the v12 and v1se2 which are the buytle based products :-)

Silver Member

Post Number: 412
if im just going to go for simplicity, i think im just gonna do my trunk and my doors...im thinking that the adphalt based 80cent a square foot stuff will be okay?(with forum discount) I mean my car isnt going to last too long so i dont want to spend a bunch of money on it

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 4030
ed doesn't make asphalt based deadner anymore so don't be worried. they did away with that about a year ago.

Silver Member

Post Number: 415
thank god....haha....so the v1 is the butyl based stuff...for instance this link here:

http://www.edesignaudio.com/edv2/product_info.php?products_id=354

says it is Butyl:-) haha beautiful...so for someone who has never done anything before with deadening...this should stop the rattle in my trunk...to do my trunk and 4 doors...(HUUUGE TRUNK...i drive a '99 Mercury Sable) am i looking at like 50 sq ft or 100?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1024
i would say along the lines of 40 for both doors with 2 layers or so and then a good 40 for the trunk. good luck and nice choice going butyl

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 4038
i'd go more than that^^ i have a 92 accord (small trunk) and used 40sqft. in it's trunk like it was nothing. honestly, for a 4 door car with a big trunk, i'd order 200sqft. AT LEAST.

Gold Member
Username: Bump05

CashMoney, 15 Hd3 USA

Post Number: 1063
ey what would i use for my hatch, i got peel n seal on the bottom and sides but the hatch rattles man like the inside..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us