What do you think of the Alpine 9815 deck

Anonymous
Thinking about buying this deck. Is it any good? What would be comparable or better for the same $$

Anonymous
awsome choice, the 9813 is good too, or a kenwood echelon is close

RYAN FINN
WHAT IS THE ALPINE "SWING FACE"? DOES IT OPEN MECHANICALLY OR DOES IT JUST FLIP OPEN?

I have this Alpine Deck, 9815 -- I like it a lot.

Lets you control everything.

And it has a remote :D

Alpine Swing Face is motorized.

Discovered Alpine's '9815' today! I think this is what i've been looking for the last couple of months! but I wonder if contrast of display is sufficient and easy to read when exposed to bright sunlight?

How are mp3 tags displayed? is it possible to display artist on top row and title on bottom row?? what info can you display? is this info 'still' or does it scroll?

How about switching to previous/next track/folder? fast? slow? If you're listening to a live cd(mp3).. is there a gap between tracks? how big/long?

thanks a lot in advance!
Frolic829.

Frolic:

The text scrolls, and yes it displays the artist and songs on different lines.

Gaps between songs is never more than 2-3 seconds.

Good thing abuot the alpine decks in general is you can scroll through the songs while playing one, so you don't have to stop.

I'm not sure about the sunlight though -- it does tilt so you can compromise if its not legible.

Thanks Mike, for your fast response!

Sorry, in my hurry I forgot to supply a link at crutchfield. Perhaps other people are looking for some info just like I did. You'll find lots of info.. BUT also some very nice pictures!!

http://tinyurl.com/qh9y

big bob
Sweet team. just waiting for mine to grace me with its presence

Anonymous
Just purchased the 9815 on Sat. It sounds really great with JL Audio XR570-CXi's in all four doors (Ford F-150 SuperCrew). I'm just laying the foundation for the system now. After the first of the year I'll be adding a multi-channel amp and subs. Probably dual 10's. My impressions of the 9815 are that either it's a little overwhelming (crossover and EQ) or I'm a idiot. All joking aside, it took me a little while to figure out the sound adjustments.

Now that I have it all setup, I'm very impressed with the performance. The contrast on the display is great. I have a sunroof and with full sun on it I could see everything. Even if the sunlight is a problem, you can tilt it. The MX expander is great for MP3's. I don't care for it much on regular CDs. Hope this helps.

Has anyone interfaced the 9815 with the portable XM unit using, I would assume a 1/8" jack plug. OR? I already own the XM original module that plugs into a boombox or stand in my car. I was also wondering about the display to see if it is what is passed or is there a seperate "box" and subscription I would need to have XM with this unit....any info would be appreciated.

Anonymous
anyone with a 9815, does your unit resume its tilt position when powered on (i.e - engine on) even when the facia panel is not inserted? after adding a remote turn on lead and phono for the sub my unit seems to be exhibiting some odd behaviour, tho the remot turn on and hon are not currently connect, this may be a problem tho i doubt it

I have the Alpine 9815

(2) Alpine Type-R 10's

(2) Alpine SPR-174A 6-3/4 's

(2) Alpine SPR-694A 6x9 's

I bought this early summer '03 and never had a problem!!! I can only say good things so far... Like the one guy said, the options can get to you, but after a day or two, it's cake!

GL

pole smoker
Unregistered guest
i was a hard core pionneer fan til mp3s hit hte scene
Alpines file search and short gaps sold me on their 9815
Also the sub woofer control is right on the knob like it should be unlike hte pioneer on the right side with dumb little buttons,
Ill miss the cool animations though!

Username: Glasswolf

Post Number: 635
the Alpine's XM control is handled by Alpine's own XM module add-on for the 9811-9815 units.
you'll need to get that module for proper XM function through the 9815's controls.

great units.
got pics of mine here;
http://www.wickedcases.com/jeep/page2.html
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us