BTL......one of the spider has a rip

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 12135
well saturday i noticed that on one of my btl's the spider has a little rip on it. looks like someone got a exacto knife and put a half inch gash.

my question is will that rip keep getting bigger or will it be okay for now? it plays fine but i am just worried it will get bigger and bigger.

Silver Member
Username: Ridinspinnas

Cayuga, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 106
i would try nd be safe by putting some speaker glue or iquid nail on it post a pic and well all help out, it should be ok tho Chad

Silver Member
Username: Fi_car_audio

Hades, NV

Post Number: 148
Youve got several more of them stacked together... I have seen a couple of people that have ripped spiders that look like that from lots of excursion (only on fully loaded BTLs). None of them have noticed any issues from it.
Contact me if you ever notice a performance change... otherwise keeping putting the hurt on them.

Thanks...
Scott

Platinum Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 12136
yeah scott. i ain't worried. besides i want to recone both of my subs to dual 1ohm. i emailed you about the recone kit.

Platinum Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 12137
btw thanks for the reply matt and scott.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 1952
Planning on running the 4kws at .5 ohm are we ? :-)

Platinum Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 12142
lol. you know it. but i think ima just chill since scott told me it should be fine.

Silver Member
Username: Snarl2004

Audioque 12 SD2.5s, Earthquake P...

Post Number: 857
wut amp r u gunna use?

Platinum Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 12143
my memphis.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

My 1 12 Atom...

Post Number: 11298
wtf ! - so thos memphis can safely do 1\2 ohm too ??

i know u will need some more batts maybe about 4 (& maybe 2 runs of 0g wire too) - prepare 4 that drop low effect on the back 1\2 of ur car ....

Gold Member

Post Number: 1953
Yea,wire in series for daily and before you go to comps wire in parallel when you get the Dual 1 recones.

Platinum Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 12145
yeah i know rovin. looks like ima have to get new shocks and springs for the back. something stiffer.

not to mention a rear strut bar.

Platinum Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 12146
rob i might just wire my subs at parallel to give me .5ohm load to my amps strapped. :-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 1956
New springs and shocks are going to give you a really stiff and harsh ride though :-( Expect to slide a bit more in fast turns.

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 4033
i HEARD that the little rips in the spider is from the leads heating up and hitting it and burning a little hole in it. are your tears right under the leads?

Platinum Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 12147
its nowhere near my leads mat. also its not a hole. like i said above, its like if someone got a exacto knife and made a clean cut.

Silver Member
Username: Dakangofkrunk16

Earth

Post Number: 635
dam look like ups/Fedex have changed there ways and instead of throwing package they cant afford they open it and try n destroy it lol

Platinum Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 12164
lol.

dru did you get your sticker?

Silver Member
Username: Dakangofkrunk16

PLANET EARTH, FLA

Post Number: 638
no still not yet prolly soon tho pm me the address u sent it to just to make sure lol

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

IF U HEAR ME... crazydbs.com

Post Number: 4499
chad... have u got some info on the memphis???

they dont like low impedances for daily drivin they could handle the .5ohms for burps and up to .35 for 5seconds burps before they go into protection and blow one of their output channels..
those memphis dont like to be driven at low impedances for daily drivin.. so i think u should stick wtih 1 ohm for each amp...

Gold Member

Post Number: 2011
If you want to do a low ohm load for daily, I'm sure a little modding will work wonders.

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

A-ToWn, 152-153db Da... My wangers b...

Post Number: 2341
Well scott said he has seen in on a few others to, it may be a manufacturing defect on a specific part of the spider... but then again the applications the sub is used in... who can really say. From how it sounds being a clean cut like a razor... it sounds like the spider material might have been partially sliced perhaps by the machine that makes them? just a thought... but atleast it doesnt affect your performance :-)

Your not talking about running the 2 4kws strapped at .5ohm daily are you? Id have to call you insane if that was the case...lol

Platinum Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 12172
kingrob, there is a dude that is running 2 4kw strapped at .25ohms. he doesn't have any problems yet. i doubt i will run it below its recomended ohm load due to my charging. besides i want to see how loud i can get for daily driving, not 5 seconds burps.

btw anyone that owns a 4kw here is a little tip.

always enable the ssf on that amp. you can just set it real low. for some reason the amp shuts off at high volume if you don't. it hasn't happened to me but the guy who built my box told me. his friend's amp kept doing that so he called memphis and that is what they told him.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us