Up and Running...Tuning it up

Silver Member
Username: Afroopuff

Post Number: 409
Alright I just finished wiring up everything but I am working right now on tuning the amp and the speakers. Right now I am using the direction of realmofexcursion. Is there any beter direction on how to tune? THANKS

Gain all the way up...it sounds real nice:-) haha but its still not quite right

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 12119
you don't want the gain all the way up. you should use a dmm and set the gains correctly.

here is a site that can help you set the gains correctly.

http://www.subwoofertools.com/forum/setgain.asp

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 1949
Some people tune by ear but...that's not the best way.The best ways would either be using a DMM the way Chad was saying or to use an oscilloscope.

Silver Member
Username: Mgbcs

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 928
This is a side rant, but why the hell do the amps have a gain that can be set too high? The maz gain should allow for the full power of the amp and you should be able to turn in down as needed to lower the output. I don't understand why an amp would be allowed to try to push more power than it has, which is what turning the gain all the way up does. I think I understand how a gain and clipping and all that works, but maybe this little number proves I don't. Someone help me out please...it's frustrating me lol

Platinum Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 12131
well all hu's don't have the same preout voltage. it has to have gain so you can match it best with your hu.

Silver Member
Username: Mgbcs

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 929
OK...I read into it a little after I made that comment. Thanks for the help as always Chad.

Platinum Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 12133
i wish it did that automatically though. i wish we can just plug the damn thing in and not worry about matching the gain. :-)

Silver Member
Username: Showrides

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 487
A self-setting gain would be nice. Only problem is it would probably increase the price of the amp $100, increase the size of the amp, and only save the customer about 2 minutes of time. But it would save a lot of noob's subs haha.

Platinum Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 12144
yea for sure
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us