Sub box

Username: Flamesfan12

Post Number: 1
hey everyone,
im very new at doing this sort of thing,
and i need your advice, tommorrow im goin to pick up my new sub (a 12" alpine E series (SWE-1242)) and i want to build my own box, i want it to have an angled front box shape, and to be vented. the box i want has to fit in a 35"W 16"H and 17" depth area.

i know how to build a sealed box, but i have only a small idea when it comes to vented, ive been looking at threads and help columns over the internet and it seems to be a very exact science.

Any way my question is if ne one could possibly design me a box and give me the specifications, or give me some intrusctions i can use to design my own (dumbed down so i can understand them).

Silver Member
Username: Liqdfire3

Lee high acres, Florida

Post Number: 177
not the best choice in sub, but alpine is a good company to start off with. im am by far NOT the greatest box builder on here, but i do consider myself a decent one. so here is a box plan that gives you basically all you need to know about the box. tuning, net volume, external dimensions and a cut sheet. but building a box isnt just puttin screws in the pieces, cuttin holes to mount the sub and wang away. you should really take your time and make good cuts. i use a jigsaw to make all my cuts. measure twice, cut once. as far as piecing everything together, everyone does things differently. i personally put up the front baffle first, then the port pieces, the work from left to right all the way back around the box. and the top is last. but assemble them as shown on the webpage i am providing for you.good luck bro and hope this might help out a little. i know the other guys on here will put in their .02 too so. but if you need to know anything else, just ask. (screw length, spacing, sealant, etc.)

http://www.subwoofertools.com/forum/ported-box.asp?Ew=28&Eh=15&Dia=6&Xmax=11.7&V d=.09&NumW=1&Vb=1.8&Fb=35&Qts=&Vas=&Fs=&CE=0

Post Number: 3
aight thanks alot,
i was getting kinda overwelmed trying to figure everything thing out, alot to learn about this stuff....

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 4151
well, he wants a angled baffle wich subwoofertools will not give him.

if you have a skill saw or table saw that will be better than a jig saw. if you use a skill saw you can also use a straight edge and clamp it down next to the line you want to cut the distance away that the blade is from the end of the platform... that may have just confused you... if so let me know.

what kind of car is this going in?

Post Number: 5
1990 cavalier,
lol and yes it did confuse me, but mabe ill just go for the box because like i said im new, i mean it would look better but i would rather have it sound good then look good...

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 4152
yeah just go with a regular design for your first build.

do you know what a skill saw is?
well if so you know the flat plate the runs along the wood while your cutting? it sticks out on mine 1.25 inches from the blade. so, when i want to make a perfect cut i put a straight edge 1.25 inches away from the actual line i want to cut. run the saw up against the straight edge and you have a perfect cut.

Post Number: 6
oh ok ya i understand that lol
and now that i read ur first post i get that to, i don know where my heads at.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us