FI Q...Fi BL

Bronze Member
Username: Mack1989

Post Number: 43
I noticed that both these subs were about the same price and the same rms rating. I have read that the Q is more sq oriented. Is this correct or was i mistaken. I originally had my mind set on the SSD but now i think im going to save and go with either the BL or the Q. My main goal is loud and very low but i also want it to sound crispe and clean. Is the Bl the way to go or the Q?

Silver Member
Username: Trey4sports

Post Number: 996
personally i would get a Q. But it depends on how much power you want to run really. yes the Q is more SQ oriented. Q=1200 or less watts and Bl=1200 to 2200 or so watts

Bronze Member

Post Number: 44
Well i had the zx 750.1 picked out. I heard it is underated and really gived about 900-950. Will that be enough to really get the Q going or would i be better off gettign the zx750.1 and just gettign a 15" ssd?

Silver Member
Username: Mash4kash

Lafayette, LA

Post Number: 258
where did u see the Bl handles more than 1200 watts at?

Silver Member
Username: Mgbcs

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 909
If you get it fully loaded it will handle more than 1200...

Gold Member
Username: Logan__tille

Http://com4.runboard.c..., Imortal Box ... Logan116600@...

Post Number: 6960
A BL with PChamfer will handle 2500 watts

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 4747
fully loaded BL can take 1800rms easy from what ive read

Bronze Member

Post Number: 45
Would zx750.1 be eough to power a 15" Q? And get it real low and loud?

Silver Member
Username: Fi_car_audio

Hades, NV

Post Number: 129
Love the Kicker amps :-)
While you wont be pushing a Q to its limits with that amp in most applications, it will make for a solid setup and sound great doing it. It would make for a decent amount of power on an SSD as well... in some instances it could be too much.

BLs are rated at 1000W, but with options added and given specific applications, they can handle more than that. Making a blanket "the BL with cooling and flatwind will handle XXXX Watts", simply doesnt work for every application. Same goes for the BTL, we rate them at 2000W... and we have really yet to find an application where they dont take that just fine. Adding cooling to things does bump up the thermal power handling, but the amount varies by application... For those that know me and my past work, I tend to under rate things... I hate returns as much as a customer hates having a blown speaker. Does this mean its OK to stick more than the rated power to things? We we say "no", but your mileage may vary.

Thanks and ahve a good weekend,
Scott

Silver Member
Username: Mash4kash

Lafayette, LA

Post Number: 259
say I put a punch 1000bd on 1 BL with cooling, P chamfer, and flatwind. Will that make a solid setup and sound great too?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 46
Thnaks alot scott, do you ship to a different location then the billing adress. I live in canada but have a relative who attends university in new york, would you be able to ship a sub to him but bill me in canada for it. it would save me a ton on shipping.

Thank you for your time

Silver Member

Hades, NV

Post Number: 131
Hmmm... 3rd try to answer this one. Keeps kicking back an error when I try to post.
Yes... we can. Fill out the billing section with your card or billing info, then fill out the separate section for shipping address for NY.

If for some reason it wont work (we have had others do this with no issues) please email me direct at Scott@FiCarAudio.com and Ill give you the super secret Canadian order phone line to call.

Thanks and have a good weekend,
Scott

Silver Member

Hades, NV

Post Number: 132
S.L.A.B. Yes, it should make for a solid setup with plenty of thermal capacity to spare. Those amps usually put out 1100-1200 W and should make for a great daily setup.
You do not need to order the pole chamfer separate as it is already included in the cooling package. (If you tried the site would tell you to change it).

Thanks...
Scott

Silver Member
Username: Ceoofdaroc4

Post Number: 181
Yea so if I want loud spl bass like L7 but wat it 2 get low like wen it tingles ur body and makes you go ewwww lol... should I go with the dual Q or ssd setup ill be giving each sub 750 -800 watts at 2 ohms...

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 4146
I'd say go for the Q. you can also upgrade amps if you want to at any point. but they will get very loud with 1500w anyways.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us