Deadining roof??

Silver Member
Username: Trey4sports

Post Number: 978
thinking about deading my roof... have any of you guys done it ?? was it hard?? im not sure if i really want to put the time in and do it but i will probably do that and my doors, i cant really figure out where the wind noise is coming from

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 12072
if you are getting wind noise then there is a leak in your car somewhere. before you take apart your headliner and stuff, try to find out exactly where it is coming from.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 1920
Check the doors.Also your ducts,look at where you drilled through for wiring.Check the weatherstripping on all glass and doors.

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 11902
wind noise usually means bad weather seals around the doors or windows.

yes I put damping material on my roof, between the skin and liner. its not that hard to do
reduces resonance and lost energy

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 2620
The hardest thing to do is to find out how your vehicle comes apart. Once you have done that it is all over! Be sure to use a roller of some sort, I used a coffee mug, go figure, lol. I have a total of 450sq ft of dynamat extreme and it took the most to cover door skins and roof because they are vast expances of metal with little support. The larger the panel the more sound will have an effect on it and more dynamat you will need. After I dampened the roof I put the headliner back up just to have it vibrate independantly of the roof so I used a little polyfill in between the two. There are a lot of places you will need to use your imagination and don't be afraid to try different things.The only thing that rattles on my car is the catalytic converter cover broke loose, no time to bust out the welder yet... :-O Polo.

Gold Member
Username: Tremor1127

Fi Car Audio has got m...

Post Number: 1356
you didnt remove a luggage rack from your roof did you? the mounting holes will make wind noise...

if thats the case, you can just put peel and seal over each mounting hole instead of doing your entire roof...

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

151.9db Dail... My wangers b...

Post Number: 2300
Its going to take me forever to stop my rattles.... i dont even want the roof to flex.... Im going to put 3-4Layers on everything possible then coat it with the liquid padding..and pad the backside of all the panels.. the rattles annoy me so much and i cant seem to ever get them all to stop... But for wind noise.... i put padding on the door where the weatherstripping meets it to make a tighter fit and also took up the strips that go into the floor by the door and put more padding where the clips snap into the strip and the floor..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us