Help me pick a sub yo

Silver Member
Username: Blkwardog

Adel, Iowa Usa

Post Number: 108
alrite well im tryin to decide wut sub im prolly gona buy. im thinkn since i only want to spend like mayb 350 or 400 but preferably less that il get 1 good sub instead of 2 not so good. fi subs seem to b pretty well priced and ppl think highly of them so im thinkn about them. i was wonderin tho which dd sub series compares to fi's ssd and wuts the price difference if neone knows.i just want something to put in a ported box an will get loud and also sound good(pretty much and sql sub)

Gold Member
Username: J_baby15

DiRtY 5oUtH ...

Post Number: 1588
wat u powerin it with?

Silver Member

Adel, Iowa Usa

Post Number: 109
dont hav an amp or nething yet i figure il select the sub first then get an amp to match

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 1528
Fi SSD would be similar to a DD 2500 series. For the money I would recommend the SSD. If price is no object, then the DD.

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

No HTML in h...

Post Number: 1641
an ssd would compare to a 2500 series dd i believe. odds are your not going to be upgrading your electrical, so amp wise you should stick to 1300wrms and below. best bang for your buck would be the BL (according to your budget). from dd, you would probably end up with a 3500 series, but you'll pay more. both great subs...

Gold Member
Username: J_baby15

DiRtY 5oUtH ...

Post Number: 1590
3500 would take wayyy too much power for ur budget....however i can get u 2 DD2515s(or 12s) and a PA A3000db (2100rms) for $500.

Silver Member
Username: Trey4sports

Post Number: 977
I reccommend staying away from DD, i know ill get flamed for it but i have some inside info...

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 1530
" I recommend staying away from DD, i know ill get flamed for it but i have some inside info... "

Well Share it or shut it.

Unless you have a credible reason for saying that, I think that may be the dumbest comment of the day.

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

No HTML in h...

Post Number: 1642
i'd like to hear what it is...

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 4730
i would like to hear it as well trey

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

IF U HEAR ME... crazydbs.com

Post Number: 4454
wud up yo

Silver Member

Post Number: 980
you guys wont believe me....but i guess ill share anyway...

i was at a car audio shop i found down south of where i live and i got to talkin to the owner and he was amazed at how i was framiliar with the underground world of car audio and we got to talking further and further..then we got into BTL's and he told me that he met scott back in 97 at a loudspeaker engineering seminar that (the shop owner) was giving. since then he has been good friends with scott and told me what a great guy he is and a good guy. he also told me how he knows the owner of DD (cant remember his name, i think jess. he told me that they use to be the #1 hands down loudspeaker company. But here very recentely with the passing of Alice the company is in shambles. he told me to stay away at all cost and that the owner of DD is cutting corners at all cost.

Silver Member

Post Number: 981
and yes M.S. i just pulled all of that out of my aZZ... im definetly trying to lead a consumer away from DD for no good reason at all...

Silver Member

Post Number: 982
take it for what its worth...who knows maybe he was making this all up...but he showed me several of teh trophys he won at USACI comps. several of which he said had been broken but it was still very impressive. he also told me he helped out with RD and told me theres no other place on earth that can get me as good of a deal on Atomic as he could. Told me he was very close with George (atomic owner) as well.

Silver Member
Username: Imalik

SD2.5, New Jersey Ocean

Post Number: 228
^^LOL....AQ HD 3

Bronze Member
Username: Djl

Post Number: 51
Trey you may not have pulled that out of your azz but that shop owner did.

I know quite a bit about all aspects of DD (Resonance Inc.)and I can assure you the company is in great shape in all respects. The truth of the matter is the company is bigger and better then ever. They have never cut corners and never will; quality always comes first.

Why do you think you have to wait for Resonance products? It's because they have more business then they can handle. They have to turn down shops wanting dealerships everyday. They are in the process of expanding their production facilities to over four times their present size.

DD is family owned and has no stock holders or banks to answer to. They own their own buildhouse and company debt free. If you call that a shambles I know a lot of companies that would like to be in that shape. Alice had a lot to do with growing the company but Jassa has been the driving force and always will be.

Silver Member

Post Number: 983
thats good to know. and i wish DD and AQ best of luck

Silver Member

Adel, Iowa Usa

Post Number: 110
alrite well the 350-400 was jus for the sub so does neone kno where i can get the best deal on a bl or ssd and how much they would cost each.also id like to see how much dd 2500 and 3500 would cost each.also, what are the main differences between the bl and the ssd?

Silver Member

Adel, Iowa Usa

Post Number: 111
oya sum1 up ther was correct bout me not wantin to upgrade my electrical system so i gotta keep that in mind

Silver Member
Username: Ceoofdaroc4

Post Number: 180
Yea I want a deal on 2 12" ssd's 2... man iragii won't email me back I was trying 2 get a HO alt frm him but no response but ne ways who got the hookup on ssd's...

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 4749
no has the hookup on any Fi product...only place to buy Fi products is ficaraudio.com

Silver Member

Adel, Iowa Usa

Post Number: 112
alrite so how much power would someone reccomend giving an ssd 15/18 and how much to a bl 15/18??

Silver Member
Username: Fi_car_audio

Hades, NV

Post Number: 144
Hmmm... Id like to know what seminar I was at in 97 at someones shop? Definitely doesnt ring a bell with me...lol
While I have been to many AES meetings over the years, none of which were at any sort of shop...
My opinion is that DD is rock solid. I wont comment on the other owner/company mentioned.

Dwight... Ive got the hook up on Fis ;)

Standard SSDs are 800W RMS. Add about 200W to that with the flatwinds in extra thermal capacity... and now another 200W or so with the new option.
Standard BLs are rated at 1000W RMS. With the addition of the flatwind coil and the cooling option it takes you right up to about 2000W RMS (designed to step right up to the standard BTL). Any of the other options over a standard BL increase thermal capacity depending on application.

Thanks,
Scott

Silver Member
Username: Snarl2004

Audioque 12 SD2.5s, Earthquake P...

Post Number: 852
Scott what is that new option on the SSD?

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 4756
snarl:
http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=8161

Silver Member

Adel, Iowa Usa

Post Number: 113
alrite thanks from the sounds of it im betr off goin w/ a flatwind coil ssd so i can use it to its full potential but jus to b curious wut is the powerin on the q u suppose? and wut do ppl think good about q over ssd or vis versa
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us