Treo vs RD Audio..

Silver Member
Username: Skies

Courtenay, British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 587
Well, another comparison as a result of close dB ratings on WinISD. Which would be better suited for an SQL application? Why would you pick it?

10" Treo TSX 10 - 750wrms - .8 cu.ft. sealed
10" RD Audio Elite - 1000wrms - .8 cu.ft. sealed
10" RD Audio Classic - 600wrms - .8 cu.ft. sealed
2 x 10" RD Audio Studio - 1000wrms - .8 cu.ft. sealed each

Gold Member
Username: Logan__tille

Http://com4.runboard.c..., Imortal Box ... Logan116600@...

Post Number: 6936
fu*k the sealed sh!t. You get better sql when ported.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 1871
"fu*k the sealed sh!t. You get better sql when ported."

Damnit Logan!Lay off the weed dude.You MAY get louder when ported but for SQ go with SEALED.For an SQL setup I would definately run a sealed box with as much power as possible.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6937
I wouldnt.

Buy my 10" SE. I fu*king hate sealed boxes. ERRR

Gold Member

Post Number: 1878
Why would you hate sealed boxes?That makes no sense at all man.A good sealed box with a good SQL or SQ sub and good amount of power is a beautiful thing.

Silver Member
Username: Showrides

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 455
Sealing off a SQL drver can sound great. I have no idea why that guy has a problem with it. I had a pair of mags sealed off, and it was amazing.

I have only heard the Elite SPL, and the classic series from RD. The classics SQ I would put up against any sub in the market. If you are looking for a 600rms sub, that you want to get decently loud, and sound amazing that would be perfect. I can't say if the the Elite or Studio is on par with the SQ of the classic since I haven't heard them yet, but I know output wouldn't be a problem for either.

But the SQ on the classic is amazing.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1883
I'd personally go with the Treo.I just like their build and over-all quality.

Silver Member

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 456
The SSX and the CSX from treo have good build quality, but take a look at the TSX.

http://www.treoonline.com/graphics/tsx2_.jpg

You can tell the build quality isn't that great just by looking at it. Looks to have about the same quality as a IA 187 which is a $95 sub.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1890
^Lol get tha fucc outta here!Treo is a highly respected brand so don't even come around and diss them everyone who has run treo subs has been totally and completely satisfied.Now I know you want to push RD but don't try to hard because you're going to push people away.Great products will sell themselves.

Silver Member

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 457
You got a TSX? If not get one. For free I will send out a classic to be directly compared to the TSX. If the TSX can handle more power, gets louder, or sounds better than the classic I will replace every classic I have sold with a TSX :-)

Silver Member

Post Number: 588
Lol, damn Logan, sorry to disappoint you. Sealed is the only way I can go unless you can design something tuned to ~32hz with 1-2 4" aeros. I'll get dimensions for you tonight if your up to it :-) It also has to be a slanted front.

Yeah, I agree the TSX doesn't look too hot but its taken 2500wrms daily by a member on here, I believe he blew 1 or both, I can't remember, and can't remember how much power he was using at the time to do it.

How is the output on the classic?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1896
^Yep people have run 2500 WRMS to those TSXs and what are they rated at?IMO RD is not worth the money,just like their atomic clones but are much more expensive than Atomics.No thanks Showrides we all appreciate your time on here though.

Silver Member

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 458
I have seen about 15 different TSX setups, and 1100rms is the MAX I have ever seen one run at. 2500 to a pair for a burp may be possible, but there is no way a pair could be run at 2500rms daily and survive.

And saying RD and Atomic are the same thing just shows you have no idea what you are talking about. On most of their lines the only similiar features are the basket and the backplate. The backplates are being changed, and the 12 spoke basket everyone uses. Name a RD sub, and let me know what its equvilent Atomic sub is and I would be more than happy to point out the differences between the two for people as ignorant as yourself :-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 1904
Yes,I'm ignorant.It's very obvious that RD copied atomics design and just slightly changed it up.Is the RD sub better?Possibly.Is it worth the money?Not to me.When I can get an Atomic for almost half the price of its RD look alike I'm going to run that Atomic all day. :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) Oh so happy :-)

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 4108
TSX build quality is not too great. i did an install with a 10 tsx and the spider came loose on 500w rms. i went to a shop with it and the guy said hes seen it before on tsx's. good woofer though when its put together... cant compare it though to RD as i havent heard them but showrides probably aint kidding you. and you will NEVER be able to put 2500w rms to a tsx daily... and daily means it survives guys lol.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6939
B had 2 TSX's and an orion 2500D on each sub.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1907
Not many people have RD subs at the moment to hear bad things about them yet either,it takes time.Actually...I think someone told me about some of the subs not being too great but I can't confirm who said that.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6940
I have a 15" Alpha on the way

Gold Member

Post Number: 6942
The new Alpha. I will be the first one to have one:-):-):-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 1914
I'd get a BL instead.

Silver Member

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 459
Let logan speak about RD once he gets his alpha. If you don't believe me, listen to him. I am sure he will give you an honest opinion. And the sub will speak for itself.

And Rob it comes down to this. You have never seen a RD Audio Classic in person, let alone listened to one. I have! I have also heard many TSX's and installed a few. I don't know if you have ever heard a TSX in person. But I have heard both, and I know how they compare. You are just guessing. Wait until you hear a classic, then come back an comment. Then no matter what you say, you will atleast have an informed opinion instead of blindly guessing how they compare.

And like I said. Name any one of the RD subs and compare it to the atomic equvilent. I will point out to you how they are completely different. It is quite easy to do. And just because 2 subs are made in the same buildhouse, doesn't mean they sound or perform the same. Especially when 90% of the parts are different.

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 4117
BTW, classic is cheaper than a tSX... I'd really go with the classic.... i dont think you'll be dissapointed, and if you are, I'll buy it from you for almost full price as long as you keep cosmetics 100%.
but you better promise not to get the loudness bug... cause many people seal subs, then they get a fever for bass and want to port it haha. i would port the classic for SQL.... but do as you wish.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6946
lmao rob, I sold my BL to get the RD Alpha

Silver Member

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 460
Umm Rob....The Q is FI's SQL sub, not the BL. The BL is basically a toned down BTL, that has slightly better daily capabilities. Atleast suggest the correct FI sub if you are going to suggest one :-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 1916
Logan you sell all of your subs for some strange reason anyways,you'll probably sell the RD after 2 weeks of using it.You consider the Q an SQL sub?I don't :-( Not loud enough for me.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1917
Do you sell Atomic Showrides?I would like to get some,thanks in advance.Oooh and any chance you can update Low-hz ?Or is someone else doing that because as far as I knew you were the webmaster over there.

Silver Member

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 461
RD is going to be updatng their site shortly, and as soon as their new site is up I am going to update mine. I just want to wait until they get all the product pictures and specs in.

I don't sell Atomic but here is their site.

http://www.atomicspeakers.com/

Gold Member

Post Number: 1918
Thank you very much sir.

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 4118
Rob your such a douchecanoe lol

the man is telling you why you should get RD.
pick which atomic you want, post it here, and see what showrides has to say...

Silver Member

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 462
I am not tellng anyone to get Rd. I am just trying to let people know how they compare to other subs. And don't worry about Rob. He isn't buying an Atomic sub haha. He wasn't even the original poster.

But thanks trevor. Hope you like those mags :-)

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 4119
no problem man, its just annoying seeing how thick headed some people are. lol. how are the studio series? i just realized the first post said 2 studios against the rest with 1000w so that should definetly be the loudest

Silver Member

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 463
I can't say how the studio series sound or how loud they are. We own a couple right now, but haven't hooked them up yet. As soon as we hook them up and give them a good listen I will let you know what I think.

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

IF U HEAR ME... crazydbs.com

Post Number: 4453
th eonly diference between rd audio and atomic its their tinseal leads and their back plate its slighty bigger when they started saying they looked like atomic so they changed it.. yes witht he back plate u changed someting in the motor to make it .1db louder in some cases but hey u sarafise sq but if ur a hell of a spl ull be fine... but yeah the atomci are still the main speaker out of those designs and cheaper too.. :-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 1921
^Really?That's exactly what I thought bro,glad to see you confirmed it.

Silver Member

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 465
Okay first off, please use atleast a little grammar so I can understand what you are trying to say. Second, you are wrong. COULD SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHICH DRIVERS ARE THE SAME??? Then I can explain to you the numerous differences.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4456
yes atomic is still the main company for hard core spl competitor who doesnt care how crhome your speaker are or how pretty they are... but now with rd audio ummm.... welll juzz because they came up with same speaker juzz with make up on them :-( and at higher price.. well for rich people....

to be honest i dont know man wat u all see rd audio juzz because its a brand new company u all jumping in them... back in the day i was like na bro get atomic.. but na everyone sayin dd 9915 its the best and its not the loudest so everyone ignored atomic i showed them proof wat they can do... and nothing and suddenly atomic gives their products to a new company and boom eveyrone jumping into those subwoofers even if they are expensive...

i hope when sony comes up with a new undergorund company allof here will be jumping on their products too :-)

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

151.9db Dail... My wangers b...

Post Number: 2290
PORTED FTW!!!

Gold Member

Post Number: 1922
^Lol.How much is it for a Heavyweight 18 and what do YOU compare that to from Atomic?

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 12075
honestly i love the way the RD audio looks. from reading a couple of reviews on the heavy weights, they seem very nice. as far as the price is concerned, well its a bit high. but if i can get a deal on a couple heavy weight 15s, i would jump on it.

showrides this is your que. lol

Silver Member

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 466
HAHA. I agree the HW's and SHW's are up there in price. It seems like they are marketing those to the high end SPL people. The other stuff I can get at very reasonable prices, and everyone who has contacted me about alphas, elites, studios, or classics has gotten very low prices.

My screename is Showridesnet chad Lee and if you IM me I will do my best to get you a good price on a HW or two.

Platinum Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 12076
cool man. i will add you on there next time i am on.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4458
ill get your btl if ur planning on selling them chad

Platinum Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 12079
sure man. i'll give you first dibs.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4459
aight juzz let me know i got money in hand..

Platinum Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 12081
okay man. but it won't be for awhile.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4460
no problem man

Silver Member

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 467
Mr.Kingrob I am still waiting to hear what atomic and RD subs are the same. You made some bold statements, just wondering where you got your info from.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4461
yo chad wheres the thread abotu the atomic and the rd sub i think it was the alpha vs the apx cuz i cant find it...

Gold Member

Post Number: 4462
the only diference between that rd audio and that apx its the tinsel leads and the top plate

Upload

Gold Member

Post Number: 4463
the first one its a rd audio sub theother one its a apx sub :-)

Silver Member

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 468
What RD Audio sub VS what Atomic sub? How hard is this haha? Name the RD Sub Kingrob, then name the Atomic sub which is the same, and I will tell you the differences. Do you understand those directions? I don't know how I can ask any clearer.

Silver Member

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 469
And here is another picture from the thread you probably got that from. Look how the motor on the SHW is WAY larger than the APXX motor. And if you read the thread, that is the small SHW. That one had .5 db's more output from merely switching with the apxx and with same power, and wasn't even made for spl. The SPL version would probably be a few dbs louder and have a bigger motor. Funny how you just took one picture from that haha.

Try this one.

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i219/RE_XXX/DSC000521.jpg

Silver Member
Username: 04redmach1

Columbus, GA USA

Post Number: 522
Showrides, let it go. Kingrob doesn't know much and talks out his @ss on everything I have seen him try to speak upon. For the RD and Atomic comparison, they are not the same, end of story. If you don't know, get one and play with it, then give opinion. We will be at a comp next weekend with 2 HW on 2 5000.1's and a SHW on a 5000.1, I'll let you know what goes on. Studio wise, they sound very crisp, and get decent loud for an entry SQ sub. Worth the money IMO and great build.

And for the question at hand, run the 2 Studio 10's on around 700-800 rms, you will be plenty happy.

Kevin

Silver Member
Username: Northomaha

Post Number: 276
i had 1500 rms goin to one tsx and it didnt blow. treo makes good products and considering the tsx is the lowest model they have its pretty d@mn good.

Silver Member

Post Number: 589
This is my most popular thread :-)

Looks like I'll be goin with the Studio 10's, what about an amp that'll do 800-1000wrms @ 1 ohm?

Silver Member

Post Number: 591
didnt bump~

Silver Member

Post Number: 595
Mother F*cker.

Well, after I decide on RD, the canadian online store I was GOING to buy them from, decides to drop the RD line today. I can no longer go with RD Audio unless I can get 2 10" Studios for less then $200 shipped :-(

I'll start another thread in a bit, so at this point I'm back to the TSX unless the store owner(emailing back & forth with him as I speak) can come up with something for me, for roughly same price/quality.

:-(

Silver Member
Username: Trey4sports

Post Number: 985
whats ur amp budget skies?

Silver Member

Post Number: 597
Because shipping sh!t to Canada costs an arm and a leg, ~$200USD. The lower it is, it lowers exponentially(square rootally? :S). Brokerage/Customs fees are based on value of the product. And shipping itself is insane :-(

Silver Member
Username: 04redmach1

Columbus, GA USA

Post Number: 523
Skie, email me, I will try to get 2 Studio 10's to you for that.

Kevin
lowhz01@yahoo.com
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us