Help a newb out

Username: Mike15

Post Number: 4
Ya...i am kinda new to this...i need to know what i am going to need to install my sub into the box...what do i need for wires and how do i do it?

Silver Member
Username: Skies

Courtenay, British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 580
Depending on how far away from the speaker cup your sub is mounted, go with maybe 10 guage wiring INSIDE the box. If its SVC(Single Voice Coil), simply Red to Red, Black to Black from speaker cup to subwoofer. If its DVC(Dual Voice Coil) either wire it in Series or Parallel(If you don't know about this, just say so in your reply :-)

Post Number: 6
would 16 gauge stranded Polarized wire work?

Post Number: 9
So...looked at the box, couldn't really see anything...but here is the model number....it's a Pioneer 12"...TS-W300R...hope to hear back soon about how I should do this, cuz I'd like to atleast get the sub mounted to my box tonight!

Silver Member
Username: Footballa

Post Number: 112
haha jus take it somewhere that installs speakers. it'll cost u round 50$ but you have a headache....

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 3981
$50!! to wire a sub in a box? either you've never been to a car audio store before or you take it up the as_s everytime you go. at most they might charge you a couple dollars if you're not a customer, but most will do it for free if you already got the wire.

Silver Member

Post Number: 114
^haha yea i must be gettin riped off. cause the audio store i go to installed a new hu and 4 6.25" kappas for like 75$..

Silver Member
Username: Skies

Courtenay, British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 581
Yes, for that sub and amount of power 16 gauge wire would work fine, although 14 gauge would be much better.

As for mounting sub into box, just say, pick one of your 16(or 14)gauge wires, and call it POSITIVE(typically the copper one, or one with a white stripe on the casing). Go from RED on the subwoofer to the RED side on the speaker cup.

Now, do the same with the other wire, except BLACK to BLACK.

Once this is done, simply put the sub into the whole, align it however you want, and simply screw it in. Usually 8 screws I believe.

After all this, you can go to your amplifier, run some wire from + on your amplifier to the RED pole on your speaker cup, and the - to the BLACK pole on the speaker cup and have fun :-)

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 3983
"^haha yea i must be gettin riped off. cause the audio store i go to installed a new hu and 4 6.25" kappas for like 75$.."

actually that's pretty fair as far as audio shops go.

Silver Member

Post Number: 118
really..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us