Is it Possible to Blow out Windshield?

Bronze Member
Username: Ridinspinnas

Cayuga, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 88
Like the title is asking is it possible to blow out your windshield, if say you have a civic hatchback a wall with 2 18's, can you blow out the window, does anybody know anybody who has or witnessed it, is there any videos or pictures on the internet, please respond to this thread.

Silver Member
Username: Mgbcs

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 906
Not unless there was something already wrong with the windshield. Then MAYBE...

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

No HTML in h...

Post Number: 1624
its usually the car itself that does it from vibrations IF it happens. most cases happen in db drag with people doing 160db+

Bronze Member

Cayuga, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 91
so is there any videos or pictures out there, can u guys help me search for some.

Silver Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 843
This myth was busted...

Silver Member
Username: •cam•

Post Number: 169
well if you left your normal windshield in and you went all reinforcing on the rest and that was the only spot that was weak then maybe you could pop it out in a corner but your not gonna blow it out with a bang.

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

No HTML in h...

Post Number: 1628
99% of the time its a crack from something else that just gets bigger. this results in d-bags who say they're audiobahns blew they're windshield

Bronze Member

Cayuga, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 92
ok so my brother in law is b u ll sh i ttin? cuz his friend had a civic hatchback with a pair of jbl 18" subs in a wall, and apparently he blew his windshield out, so i guess hes blowin steam lol

Silver Member
Username: Spkrman

Chi town, IL U S A

Post Number: 409
civics arent exactly tanks...

if it were to happen, it would be in a cheaper car like that.

the big cargo vans used in dbdrag, though, are built much tougher and wont just give out, at least relatively not as easily.

"blowing out" normally means blowing the seam around it... the windshield doesnt physically fly out... and again, its generally because your in a cheaper car that flexes alot.

Silver Member
Username: Smoke05

Tucson, Arizona U.S.

Post Number: 347
yes everytime the windshield will crack and it wont blow, for the windshield to blow, you need a sealed car with a bomb inside, the closest thing i ever saw, was when a mustang got 2 15" subs (i think they were eclipse) in a ported box inside the trunk, with the trunk sealed the only thing that happen to the windshield it that it slowly fell from the car, and not all the way.

Bronze Member

Cayuga, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 99
was it recorded lol.

Silver Member
Username: Smoke05

Tucson, Arizona U.S.

Post Number: 348
no... this was way back i think i was a freshman i highschool, not to mention it was in mexico, but i mean it wasnt the biggest thing, the window had a crack already and what happen was that the insulation got loose, they just putted the window back

Gold Member
Username: Arande2

Extreme SQ FTW Missouri

Post Number: 2316
I suppose it could happen if you have enough motor force and (displacement) just give the subs a powerful positive DC so that you can create extreme instantaneous air pressure (like 1 billion atmospheres?) that's enough to literally blow the windshield out like a bullet.

That's just a science experiment that would never happen IRL though, and usually it's just what the others suggested I believe.

Silver Member
Username: Footballa

Post Number: 103

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 1504
They tried this on mythbusters and it didn't work......

Silver Member
Username: Waterboy2289

Georgia, DiRtY SoUtH ... 2 18 SX w/ ...

Post Number: 237
This guy blew a window(scroll down almost to the bottom and there is pics):
http://www.splbassx.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=7699&st=45

But he a competition tuned bandpass firing into a single cab truck with 8000w rms, so it's understandable why.

I cannot stand the idiots that I have talked to who have told me: "my boy blew his windshield, he had 4 12's in a sealed box on a power acoustik amp." Those ridiculous stories piss me off so bad, or when people try to tell me 150db is weak and "they have a friend who can do 210db."

Those people need to point a knife at themselves and run into a wall with it as hard as possible, thus dieing a slow, painfull death.

Gold Member
Username: J_baby15

DiRtY 5oUtH ...

Post Number: 1577
^^lmao.
I didn't like hwo they went about doing the myth busters experiment.

Silver Member
Username: Waterboy2289

Georgia, DiRtY SoUtH ... 2 18 SX w/ ...

Post Number: 239
Are you talking about the episode where they make a metal subwoofer powered by the motor?

If so, me and about 3 of my friends have seen it, but we have never seen the ending! haha

Gold Member
Username: J_baby15

DiRtY 5oUtH ...

Post Number: 1584
thats wat hes talkn bout....and to me taht wasnt really a sound system, they were trying to bust it out simply by pressure(which i guess is wat SPL is) but still.....I think it did like 160s at 20hz tho which is insane...

Silver Member
Username: Impala63rag

DD 9512s , Orion d5000

Post Number: 756
the seals of the sunroof popped.

Gold Member
Username: Wolfman1966

WEST MONROE , LOUISIANA USA

Post Number: 2536
as far as the mythbusters thing goes, that was NOT a subwoofer in my opinion and the seals on the sunroof didn't pop, the "subwoofer" went up so high that it hit the sunroof and knocked it out.

Silver Member
Username: Bumpndatrunk

Milwaukee, WI USA

Post Number: 129
i seen that and said same thing to me that spl and sound spl are not the same sound and bass spl will make vibrations

Silver Member
Username: Bumpndatrunk

Milwaukee, WI USA

Post Number: 130
well you know what im saying spl bass vs pl

Gold Member
Username: Oglejust

Post Number: 1407
if theres a crack in the window its possible to break it.... you can pop it out bc of the pressure but if ur asking if u can shatter a window then no unless theres a crack /thread

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

151.9db Dail... My wangers b...

Post Number: 2282
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxScxOaAuzY

^does that answer your question.... witness it for yourself... you see all them DD decals ;)

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 1881
They half azz everything on mythbusters though :-(

Silver Member
Username: Dakangofkrunk16

Earth

Post Number: 546
i sent them veiwer mail sayin they did that myth rong hopefully they redo it the rite way with real subs sht they cana fford to get expensive subs and give them a sht load of power and they engineering they can make a crazy sub box

Bronze Member
Username: Surferdude9371

Maitland, Florida

Post Number: 51
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTjx19zvyFI
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us