My car is getting a alarm right now

Gold Member
Username: Mygame5982

I Got Serious Wang H-..., TEXAS US

Post Number: 1669
yea..i decided to go head and bolt it up for our protection..lol
im getting that prestige remote start two way pager alarm....i know a few people with it...should be nice!
anywho...it should be finished in like a hour and half so i will tell you how it is later..

Gold Member
Username: Logan__tille

Http://com4.runboard.c..., Imortal Box ... Logan116600@...

Post Number: 6926
What about your rims?

Silver Member
Username: Tatonka

Post Number: 151
How much is is costing you? I'm trying to find me a good alarm to put on my car.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1670
oooo yea my pops didnt want me to get them..so hes the man..so no rims..lol im straight with my system...
umm its REALLY $250 installed..but i ended up paying $260 installed..but its a good alarm...should get it..should be ready shortly

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 12059
thats a good price.

while we are on the subject of alarms, is it possible for the remote start to work on cars that are stick shift? i have to push the clutch everytime i start my car so i was just curious.

Silver Member
Username: Goodie_goop

Midland, Texas U.S.

Post Number: 514
u can rig it up so it works....my dad bought a remote start and modified it to work for his 88' thunderbird turbo coupe...i have no idea how, but it took him a long time and he said it was a PITA...oh and BTW he is an electronics technician or something like that so im not sure if the average person could do it themselves

Gold Member

Post Number: 1673
yea chad the remote starts arent meant for standards...sucks for you huh?
man its all cool..but i think i have to take it back in the morning cause its not sensitive enought...it wont go off when i hit it.

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 3978
read the manual. you should be able to adjust the sensitivity of it yourself.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1674
ooo fareal..yea i found the lil brain of the alarm..under my dash..do you think it is mounted on there?

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 3979
not sure, don't have a car i care about enough yet to get an alarm on, yet. but i know my friend who just had his installed, not sure the model but i know it also came with the remote pager to, had to set his sensitivity after getting it done. not sure if yours' is the same way but wouldn't hurt to check, could save you a trip and time.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1675
okay mayne...imma peep the box out in the morning..hopefully it is there!! alright mayne.........................thanks

Silver Member
Username: Goodie_goop

Midland, Texas U.S.

Post Number: 516
chad you CAN do it on a manual like i said above...u just gotta hook it up differently and maybe modify it

Silver Member
Username: Mrskullz1

Brooklyn, New York

Post Number: 149
yes chad..you can but the problem is that you can't leave ur car in first gear. That may be a problem (atleast for some ppl..) because when u park some ppl put it in first so it doesnt move. Thats the only getback for a manual car alarm system. I dnt kno if u like to trust your car leavin it in neutral all times but me i personally never leave my car in neutral...(previous bad experience :-))unless you have a really good/tight e brake

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 1503
There are remote starters designed for manual trans cars......

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 4019
chad you can do it pretty easy you just need to bypass the clutch, there is a wire you have to connect to the back of the clutch pettal or something.

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 12067
gotcha mat. but the car does have to be in neutral though right?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us