Deadening the doors. got some questions(pics)

Gold Member
Username: Tdawg30

Ohio USA

Post Number: 1100
alright so I just ordered like 120^2 ft of sound deadener and well my doors are poorly put together for me to deaden them. the engineering behind them leaves me very awkward angles and lots of obstacles in the way. I was just wondering what all of you thought I might do after browsing the pics. Bare with me as I know the pics arent the best.

http://s130.photobucket.com/albums/p247/tdawg30/

Gold Member

Ohio USA

Post Number: 1101
now ive got some sheet metal to use, but since the plastic is all awkward and not in line with the sheet metal of the door, I dont know what the heck to do.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 1498
Man I don't know what you're gonna do with that..... I've never seen a door with the components on the OUTSIDE of the door shell, under the door panel.

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 3972
that does look like your going to have fun! any chance that one large black piece on your door, holding all the wires and shi_t, can come off? looks like it has screws all in it where you could take it off (if i'm looking right). you could try that, slowly taking every screw out (remeber to mark them somehow which ones go where) and then deaden the door. or if that piece don't come off i'd cut the deadner into extremely small, thin strips and do it real slowly. might have to do parts with your fingers.

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 12056
you have to look but they sell some foam stuff that you can just put over all that stuff. you have to cut it in the shape of your door though.

Gold Member

Ohio USA

Post Number: 1102
lol wow well I thought maybe I had left a possibility out to do this an easy way, but seeing as no one can come up with any ideas which I havent thought of already this could be interesting.

the black piece comes off but it holds everything in place,(window track, window, wires, door lock actuator, handle actuator.) this should be fun then. damness if u could only see this think in person????????? its a disaster.

thanks tho for ur suggestions

Gold Member

Ohio USA

Post Number: 1103
here try and picture this. I tried to show best I could how I would cut out the grille and put a piece of mdf there then like wrap the mdf in vinyl or suede or whatever. see if you can toy around with it in paint or photoshop would ya if ur not too busy. Means a lot.

Gold Member

Ohio USA

Post Number: 1104
uhhh im a retard. I forgot the pic haha

Upload

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 2614
That whole unit comes off, note the silver nuts. Take off as much as you can to get the largest pieces in there. You need to make full contact with the inside of the doorskins. If neeed be cut it into strips, but ya, gotta remove that shizzz! BTW 120sq won't do much, I have 450sq ft and could use more. Polo..

Gold Member

Ohio USA

Post Number: 1105
really well maybe I will buy some more later lol but i just popped that grille off and have a plan to attatch a piece of masonite board on the back of the panel then mdf to that and im gonna glue the hell outta it and find any other means neccessary to keep it in place. its pretty much gonna look like the sketch, only better and im gonna use suede to cover the mdf and its going to be routered over with a roundover bit so its smooth and oh so sexay!!!!!!!! alright well I have to work tomorrow all day then hang with the woman so I will start this saturday or maybe monday, or whenever my next day off is......ugh just want it done.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us