First Review of SI Magnum 15

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 4092
Well, i got a little listening to my mag today... 2.25 sealed, prolly has leaks, i made it a LONG time ago when my craftsmanship was like a 4 lol. hooked up to the SAZ 1500d at 1 ohm but tuned to 1000w instead of 1500. So far, this is definetly the tightest subwoofer I have ever heard. for those of you looking for SQ this sub is amazing... i just played different rap songs to get low, punchy, fast,etc bass so i havent listened to like hotel cali or any rock yet but i do not doubt this sub. compared to an AVA its close in SPL but I'd say the Ava... same with the lows, however, the mag is not broken in yet so they might be comparable and mags tend to like a little larger enclosures. I can definetly tell the mag is quicker though. The mag is definetly nowhere near moving to its 3 inch P2P so I can't wait to see it broken in. fitted with another, .5ohm, and TTB ported enclosure... It's going to be quite insane 8)

If i can figure out how to make my digicam take video maybe i can get a vid for you guys.... but please excuse the dirtyness of my truck if i do, Its been raining alot here.

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 4097
For all you guys that say "the video doesnt capture all the flexing"... i completely understand what you mean haha.
video is really poor as this camera is really old and the sound is even worse. it gives the general idea. i figured some video is better than no video right? enjoy!

http://s158.photobucket.com/albums/t107/tdeaton1021/?action=view&current=carfile s096.flv

http://s158.photobucket.com/albums/t107/tdeaton1021/?action=view&current=carfile s097.flv

http://s158.photobucket.com/albums/t107/tdeaton1021/?action=view&current=carfile s098.flv

Gold Member
Username: Drivingreckless

DD 9515f, 146.2 db Mov...

Post Number: 3260
rich boi
wood grain and a cadillac on Ds

Silver Member
Username: Mgbcs

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 904
"video is really poor as this camera is really old and the sound is even worse"

ahhhh...no. lol looks like all the other videos people post

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

No HTML in h...

Post Number: 1612
wow that thing hits all the notes huh? but that could be because its sealed... i barely get much above 60hz... looks like it really moves too

Bronze Member
Username: Whitewidow

IL

Post Number: 57
I had my mag in a sealed ~2.8 and it matches everything so nicely. Running it off only 600 watts and even the low-end is nice with such little power.

Trevor I put the mag in ported box ~3.9 @ 30 or so and I couldn't believe it. Definitely have to sound deaden/foam my entire car now lol. You won't be disappointed when you make the change. Personally, I couldn't tell any loss on SQ from the switch yet..except the rattles. The mag just keeps getting better in my eyes =)

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 4099
hey K Cha. pretty new to the forum i see. whats all the equipment your running? got any pics? good to see another happy SI customer lol. were you on the SI forum asking how the mag would do with 600w? cause i remember some1 asking that lol. yeah i cant wait to port this beast, especially doing 2 with twice the power. oh man i cant wait.

eric... yeah i crossover around 80 but you can definetly still hear it at 100. my midbass isnt great so its good to have the mag fill in and man can it do it like anything.

ben, yeah i guess i should have watched others right before.... i just got done watching a dvd so it made it look really bad...haha

driving... you can suck my D while I'm grippin the grain haha... always hatin.

Gold Member
Username: Drivingreckless

DD 9515f, 146.2 db Mov...

Post Number: 3261
lol...
nah nigga i aint no h8ter
im a lover just ask yo mama :-)

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 4105
bump

Silver Member
Username: Showrides

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 449
Nice to see you finally got it hooked up Trevor!!!

And the mags don't usually need larger enclosures, and were actually designed to perform better in smaller sized enclosures.

But they do a lot better in ported applications. I ran a pair sealed, and they sounded great and still had a lot of output, but if you really want a TON of output and for them to play even louder and lower, porting them to around 32hz would be ideal.

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 5599
The Mag is a pretty sounding beast. I never ran test tones through mine though. Even in the vid you could feel it.

Silver Member
Username: Showrides

Hartford, CT USA

Post Number: 451
I ran them from 27hz all the way up to around 60hz in my car. Fun times.

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 4106
TTT

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 1901
Let's hear an update Trevor,they have to be broken in by now :-)

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 4115
20 hours by now??? lol nah... but as an update i'll give you what i can....
personal status- still extremely happy 8)
my friend sat in my car for a 100-20hz sweep and as it got to the lows hes like i think your cars gonna explode lol. another thing he said is "this sub was meant for lows wasnt it". he doesnt know too much but thats some justification for people who say it cant hit low. its not quite as loud as the 2 PG ZR 12s i installed in my friends car but thats understandable cuz those PGs really suprised me and they are ported. if i ported the mag I'd have him though.

thats all for now folks.

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 4127
bumpppp
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us