"That's why your system is so loud!......"

Silver Member
Username: Tatonka

Post Number: 150
".....YOU GOT A BANDPASS BOX!"

I have heard this from at least 6 different people. I don't know where they get the idea that my box is bandpass or even why they think a bandpass box is loud. It cracks me up everytime I hear it. :D

Anyone else got any funny phrases people say when they see your system?

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

No HTML in h...

Post Number: 1607
well they are loud... with one note

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 4095
"thats crap I've never even heard of Ascendant Audio" lol

soon to be "that sucks I've never even heard of Stereo Integrity or Sundown Audio."

although other people said "pheonix gold!!??" when they heard i told my friend to get them... now someone is saying when he drives by "are those L7s?"

Silver Member
Username: Impala63rag

DD 9512s , Orion d5000

Post Number: 739
I remember bangin "hit 'em up" with a good band pass system. It was loud, and sounded good. 3 Rockford's dvc. on power series 800. in a ext. cab p/u truck. I know everyone here hates on it, but I liked it.

Gold Member
Username: J_baby15

DiRtY 5oUtH ...

Post Number: 1561
I used to tell ppl my 12s were 18s...got a couple responses like "I knew you couldn't have those 12s no more....theres no way they coulda hit like that". Then i would pop the trunk laugh and leave.

Gold Member
Username: J_baby15

DiRtY 5oUtH ...

Post Number: 1562
supposed to say "couldnt have those 15s no more" cuz i got rid of the SSI 15s and got the 12s.

Silver Member
Username: Oneracistguy

TWO EGG, FL USA

Post Number: 555
"mines better cuz its JL"

"whats that hole for?"

"your going to bust all your windows out"

this one here from a guy with 4 13w6s and a jl 500/1

i asked why he is only runnin 500 watts to 4 w6s and his reply
"i didnt want to spend another $500 to get 1000 watts"

well i can get u about 2000watts for what u payed for ur jl 500/1

"no i dont like nothing but JL, they the best thing there is"

Silver Member
Username: Oneracistguy

TWO EGG, FL USA

Post Number: 556
ive also asked people what they thought was in the truck when we had the apx 10 on the 2500d and 90% of them said 2 12s or 2 15s

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 4098
heres a funny one. i built this box for one of my friends
Upload
and hes like "It's nice. whats this shelf for? is that where my amp goes?" talking about the port haha. me and another one of my friends were gonna go get him some knick knacks to put in his shelf on the install day but we decided to spend the money on food instead lol. "shelf" lmao

Gold Member

No HTML in h...

Post Number: 1613
i don't get that kinda stuff much. i do get the shocked expressions sometimes when i pop my trunk and they see a massive box, an 18" woofer, and a nice amp up front

"god damn!", and "holy sh!t!", are commonly heard lol

Silver Member
Username: Mgbcs

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 905
Eric...any idea what kind of numbers you are hitting?

Gold Member

No HTML in h...

Post Number: 1615
not at all lol but to me its not loud enough, which is why i'll be switching it up soon. if i had to guess, mid to low 130's on music. all my electrical is stock, which will also be changing. i've never burped it...

Gold Member
Username: Drivingreckless

DD 9515f, 146.2 db Mov...

Post Number: 3262
"do you have 6 15s in thier??!?!?!"

and my all time favorite from all the h0es that
ride in ma whip

"that just gave me an orga@sm"

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 4101
I'd guess, eric, that you can get a little more out of your sub then you are right now. if the Q is louder than a mag... and you have an 18... and 1300w rms... that bish should get pretty damnn loud. do you tune with a dmm? if so I'd turn down your sub level on the HU, and turn off bass boost, and play a 0db 60hz tone at your listening volume... turn the gain up to the correct voltage (51V for 1300w at 2 ohm) and then go to your bass boost... its not completely evil... turn it up slowly... you can hear what is good and what is not if you have even a little experience... to me its like night and day.... now since you play music and not test tones your never going to hit 0db... you can SLIGHTLY turn up your subwoofer level on the HU.
IFFFF you do any of those things and something doesnt sound right... then turn it back some... not every system is the same. some HUs/amps are fishy ... anyways if you already did that rutine i'm sorry for wasting your time reading this lol. but i think you should be hitting about 140 if its sealed and higher if ported.... as long as its tuned in.

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 4102
6 15s lol.... the only person i havent REALLY seen give someone an orgassm is pete at TTB... but girls like to say it vibrates 8)

Gold Member

No HTML in h...

Post Number: 1618
yeah, im tuned to 30hz, so that dampens my spl ability a little. well thx for the writeup lol had to have taken some time. i'll try that out and see what happens... right now i have gain half way up, no remote boost, and on my HU the sub setting is +3/6. the epicenter also messes with all that a little bit...

i mostly use my volt meter to judge though. i don't let it drop below 14v. something in my electrical is about to sh!t tho as well so im not pressing it for what i can. im actually happy about that though haha time to upgrade

Silver Member

Post Number: 153
Im tuned to 31 hz on a 15" SSD and I hit 142.9 on music.

Gold Member

No HTML in h...

Post Number: 1622
thanks for sharing

Silver Member
Username: Volfenhagking1600

15 SSD Wangin, Shawano, Wis... USA

Post Number: 581
nick do u have any vids of ur sub?

Silver Member

Post Number: 582
and what kind of amp do you have

Silver Member
Username: Footballa

Post Number: 107
"you'll be deaf by the time your 30."
but it could be true...

Silver Member

Post Number: 154
I'm taking some vids soon. Im running it on a Hifonics BXI 1206D

Silver Member
Username: Spkrman

Chi town, IL U S A

Post Number: 411
"your usin those dam cheater ports!!!" (referring to aeroports)

"its only because you have (insert vehicle here)" (monte carlo's are naturally loud, when you lose to one)

"if i had all that power, i'd be louder!" (yep, doubling power is going to gain you 10db...)

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 1525
Lol to Mark's first one

My faviote quote:

" WTF is (insert name of good brand DD, Fi, etc. here) I've never heard of that, they must suck, my (insert name of crappy subs Audiobahn, L7s, etc. here) will squash that! "

Followed by their system getting OWNED.

Silver Member
Username: Splsq

Chesterland , Ohio USA

Post Number: 190
this one kid at my school challenged me to c whos system is louder. i was like ok sure. the kid was like my 2 10 inch Sony Xplods are going to walk all over what ever u have in ur car i started to laugh so hard. so the kid was like lets play the same song at the same time and sc who is louder when i turned mine up i drowned his subs out. everyone started laughing at the kid and then the kid was like what do u have 2 18s or like 3-4 subs and i showed him my subs and he was like ooo damn. i have 2 12inch Kicker L5s. pure SPL :-)

Silver Member
Username: Freezeman_7

Lindsay, Oklahoma U.S.A

Post Number: 896
a kid at my school says... " wtf, did u get that 18 custom made. they dont make 18 subs, only 10,12,15 and the jackhammer"

"ive got a 3000watt max amp" "what you got??"
lol those ppl make me laugh

Gold Member

No HTML in h...

Post Number: 1643
^lol

ya know, as much as you hate havin noobs around, it'd b boring without em...

Silver Member

Lindsay, Oklahoma U.S.A

Post Number: 897
i no.. it is pretty entertaining... lol.. haha

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 4731
"you cant hook up 2 subs to a mono channel amp...yuo would need a 2 channel amp for them"

"i put a fan in my trunk to keep my amps from overheating"

"its all about alpine, nothing is better"

"what do you mean dual voice coil?"

"it doesnt matter how you wire it, as long as it plays then its good"

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

IF U HEAR ME... crazydbs.com

Post Number: 4455
oh shyt zpeedy u do gotz king konz in the trunks :-)

Silver Member

Lindsay, Oklahoma U.S.A

Post Number: 898
ha\ha the fan one is freakin hilarous... lol.. and yanks yes,... alpine is the sh1t... god this is so fun

Silver Member

Post Number: 585
some guy that i work with was at walmart and i saw him there in his truck. I was in my car and he came up to me and asked me if i had a system yet. I said yeah but its not hooked up yet. I was like what do you have for a system? He said 1 18" RE XXX. Then i said i had 1 15" SSD, and he told me that Fi is generic.

Silver Member
Username: Solobaric4life

Seminole, Al United states

Post Number: 586
when i went to one of my friends house, melinda seen my speakers through the hatch and she sat on it and said "this gives me a great 0rgasm" lol every time i go there she tells me to turn it up and sith on the hatch on my camaro lol

shes fun to drink with lol

Silver Member

Post Number: 177
For me, they don't even have to be in the car to 0rgasm...they can be in the car beside me ;) Don't you have L7s?

Silver Member
Username: Solobaric4life

Seminole, Al United states

Post Number: 588
h3ll no lol not in the car sittin on my hatch, she cant sit in my car when i turn it up i did it 1 time and turned it up, and she wont get in unless its down lol, but there l5's, used to have old model l7's and the new model l5's are just as loud if not louder

but im getin 2 bl 18's for my cutlass friday and a zx2500.1

Silver Member
Username: Ceoofdaroc4

Post Number: 177
"Oh you got the lil box wit the numbers (capicitor) that's why ya sh*t is pounding" tlkin bout my friends two TMA audio subs lol thy weren't even tht loud... now he has 2 type r's... hahhahaha
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us