Head Unit recommendation

Username: Nelson9937955

Post Number: 2
I am currently looking very closely at getting the Pioneer DEH-P7800MP but kind of expensive.
http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=300&I=130DEHP780.

My setup is a pair of 6.5 component speakers in front, rear 6x9's and 2 twelves in the trunk. I mainly only listen to cd/mp3's. I dont care for radio much or any kind of ipod/satellite controls. I just want sound quality.

I have a Blaupunkt Monterrey and it is just not cutting it at this time. Highs and bass ok but it is kind of flat in between with basically no tweaking controls.

Do you guys recommend that Pioneer for its SQ and tweaking or could there be a cheaper model with the same features?

I will "pay to play" but I want your guys opinion first before I buy. I crave that full sound

Post Number: 3
I am not going to buy from crutchfield, i just do the research there first and then shop for lowest price. But on this one, they are telling me I dont need to uprade my HU and that is the amps that are causing the loss of quality and to replace those. I find that hard to believe, are they just trying to upsell me??
I have the Profile AP1000 for my subs and Profile AP1040 for my speakers. They say I will get the quality I want if I upgrade to these to amps.

For Subs - MTX Thunder TC3002

For Speakers - MTX Thunder TC4004

These are my subs

and my speakers fronts
and rears

Silver Member
Username: Oleg

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 916
I believe what you're being told is quite wrong. HU is the sole source of signal in the entire system and it is the primary determinant of the quality of the signal. You should definitely upgrade the HU first. Even from low quality amps like yours you hardly notice loss of sound quality. Look into pioneer, alpine, and JVC arsenal (exad arsenal are cool) HUs. I personally also like panasonics HUs, they're a pretty good deal. Post your budget if you need help in this. Ideally, we'd replace your amps and subs, too, but for now better HU would do.

Post Number: 4
Thanks for the info. I figured the HU would make a big difference. MY amps are budget amps but they are know for decent quality, they are not absolute garbage like pyramid or something like that. I have about 250 to spend on an HU

Silver Member
Username: Kaerfpl

Spencerport, NY USA

Post Number: 500
save up alittle more and get this bad boy: http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_6982_Pioneer+Premier+DEH-P780MP.html

Post Number: 5
Isn't the DEH-P7800MP and that the same thing, other than warranty?

Post Number: 6
Anyone see a problem in getting a refurb like this?? The guys feedback is perfect

http://cgi.ebay.com/Pioneer-DEH-P780MP-Car-CD-Player-MP3-WMA-NEW-EQ-OEL_W0QQitem Z120108830680QQihZ002QQcategoryZ39752QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Silver Member
Username: Oleg

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 944
I the difference is that one is a premier model and the other isn't - check that. The one you posted the link to looks good, refurb should be nice. I'd say go for it, but I've never had experience with refurbs though.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us