Ho alt

Silver Member
Username: Holt_champ

Htown, MI

Post Number: 527
what are the sites for ho alternators again...i already looked on iraggi. if anyone knows where to find like a 240 amp alt for a pontiac let me know. thanks

Silver Member

Htown, MI

Post Number: 531
ok and when i do the big 3 when do i ground the alt at? like where on the alt would i put the wire?

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 6113
Go to bcae1.com and read before attempting anything.
The "Ground" on the alternator is really the chassis. When it's bolted on the car, it's grounded. The pos is the cable coming out of the alternator.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 1475
Iraggi alts (which you said you looked at) are very good:

http://stores.ebay.com/Iraggi-Alternator-and-Electronics

Make sure you get the amputator series if available for your car.

Ohio Generator alts are great, but will cost you some big $$$$:

www.ohiogen.com

Silver Member

Htown, MI

Post Number: 535
yea i already have a 200 amp alt from iraggi but i didnt see one for more than that...and where on the alt do i put the ground wire. is it on the back of the alt or do you mean that i dont need any wires for that cuz it is already attached to my car?

Silver Member

Htown, MI

Post Number: 538
and i was just thinkin is there anywhere else i can buy a new battery tray so i can put a bigger battery up front??

Silver Member
Username: Waterboy2289

Georgia, DiRtY SoUtH ... 2 18 SX w/ ...

Post Number: 241
If you have a 200amp already, it's not really worth upgrading. Besides, to go any larger would probably require a custom bracket to mount the alternator. Are you willing to do that?

What is the purpose of your system? Daily or competitions?

For the battery tray, try: http://remybattery.com

^^^You really don't need a battery tray though, especially if you are getting a sealed battery.

Silver Member

Htown, MI

Post Number: 541
well the only one that will fit up front is the hc1400. what would the battery sit on if i didnt have a battery tray? wouldnt it just bounce all around?

and no i dont really want to upgrade all of that for a new alt. hopefully it all works out

Silver Member

Htown, MI

Post Number: 542
and sorry it was for daily driving not comps

Silver Member

Post Number: 245
I assume there is metal under your current battery tray. The battery without a tray would sit on that metal. When doing audio systems, you have to think out side of the box. Figure out an alternative way to secure the battery.

Kinetik make good batts, but I would encourage you to consider all of your options. There may be a more powerful batt that could fit in your availible space. Check these out:
http://remybattery.com/category.aspx?categoryID=263196

I am running the 9a31 and it is great!

By the way, how much power are you planning on running?

Silver Member

Htown, MI

Post Number: 544
i have 2 Q's but i dont think my alt can support a kx2500.1 that i want to run. so im thinkin of around 2000wrms.

i thought that kinetik batteries were the best ones. but i will check it out. thanks for your help

Silver Member

Post Number: 248
A 200amp alt CAN support a kx2500.1. Do you have any additional batteries other than the starter battery? If not then add an extra battery to the back of your vehicle by the amp and you will be good!

Silver Member

Htown, MI

Post Number: 547
would i be alright with a kinetik hc1800 up front and then add a battery later on when i get more money??

Silver Member

Post Number: 249
You should be. Besides, if you find your 2500.1 is pulling more power than you've got, just turn the gain down. Whenever you get the money, go ahead and add a battery to the back. Like I said, make sure you look into other batteries besides kinetik.

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 11897
Odyssey

Silver Member

Htown, MI

Post Number: 551
i didnt find any batteries that were as strong as the kinetik that would fit under my hood. i mean the hc1800 is 1900 amps and all the other batteries that are close to that are way to big to fit under my hood.

Silver Member

Htown, MI

Post Number: 555
which is better odyssey or kinetik??

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 1642
I prefer Kinetik batteries due to their high float voltage and discharge rate, but everyone will have their own opinion.

Platinum Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 11929
this is why you use a starter battery under the hood, and a battery isolator, then put the big audio battery in the trunk in a battery box.

Silver Member

Htown, MI

Post Number: 558
how much are battery isolators and i have no idea how to hook them up. i dont even know what they are...Glasswolf would a kinetik hc1800 be good do you think?

Silver Member

Htown, MI

Post Number: 576
anyone?

Platinum Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 11946
sorry, real life keeps me busy sometimes. don't always get time to be here more than once every day or two.

anyway, yeah good battery.
go to www.bcae1.com and read the section on battery isolators.
very informative.
use eBay to find a price on one. look for a 150-200A range isolator.
very commonly used for RVs.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us