HO alt with capactior

Silver Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 463
Yes guys i know capacitors are pretty much useless.....BUT

I forget where, but i remember someone saying theyre useless unless you have a rediculous amount of wattage and a HO alt. If you have high wattage and a HO alt, are they actually helpful in some cases

OORRRR are they just generally useless silver tubes with cool blue neon ahha all the time

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

My 1 12 Atom...

Post Number: 11283
http://www.bcae1.com/capacitr.htm .......

Silver Member
Username: Oneracistguy

TWO EGG, FL USA

Post Number: 553
if u have a ho alt look into some batcaps they like realy small bats u put next to ur amp like a cap i got the batcap 400... 400amps 8 pounds works good helps with dimming

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

151.9db Dail... My wangers b...

Post Number: 2270
The only way the cap really helps IMO is when it is punchy bass that you are listening to and you have a HO alt. and your system doesnt pull WAY over the max capacity of the alt for the punchy bass lines... so in between the bass the voltage on the HO goes back up and the cap charges and realeases the voltage into the sub for each punch... if it was a long bass line it is basically useless because the alt isnt holding the normal voltage it tops out at.. IMO.. the cap only holds the top voltage it is getting feed, once it drops and the extra voltage from the cap has been pulled... the cap doesnt help until your alt gets back up to a higher voltage to give back to your cap...

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 11885
when you have an adequate charging system already in place, the capacitors can help to filter AC ripple. They make good filters. They do not make good replacements for an adequate charging system.

Silver Member
Username: Oneracistguy

TWO EGG, FL USA

Post Number: 554
yea the batcaps are battereys to small as a cap and work better because they do hold a charge u can crank ur car with it

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

151.9db Dail... My wangers b...

Post Number: 2276
To bad they cant make a cap that holds the desired voltage that you want.... and turns the amps into voltage if needed... i dunno if thats possible but that would be sweet... no more Voltage drops :-) lol

but then if your voltage is droping in the first place your probbaly not able to push many more amps to compensate for the drop if it was even possible...

Silver Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 465
alright cool, thanks guys, i dont have a HO alt, but i was just wondering....
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us