Okay i think im going to get rid of my 6x9s and get fronts only

Gold Member
Username: Mygame5982

I Got Serious Wang H-..., TEXAS US

Post Number: 1666
i dont know...
i have pioneer 6x9s and pioneer 4 inchers in the front powered by a 400watt boss amp.
well when i get some more dollars..i was thinking about getting rid of my 6x9s and 4 inchers and get only 2 4 inchers..
will this work? you know...i dont have THAT much to spend...i MIGHT have to replace my amp??
what 2 4 inch speakers should i get?? show me some that can keep up with my bass...

Silver Member
Username: Northomaha

Post Number: 272
Ive heard great things about MB Quarts higher lines. They sound great in my friends ride. However he has 6.5s tho i think. I had a set of 4" speakers in my range rover and honestly they just couldnt keep up with my subs, and they were not extremely loud either. If you could fit at least 5.25" in there it would be better. Kappas are great value for the money. Had some of those.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

My 1 12 Atom...

Post Number: 11284
see if u can surface mount some 6.5" comps then ......

Gold Member

Post Number: 1667
thanks C.
so do you think i should just replace both sets...and get 2 4"s and get nex 6x9s too?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1668
what do you mean surface mount?

Silver Member
Username: Northomaha

Post Number: 274
they are not recessed in the door when they are surface mounted i think so the grille is on the exterior of your door pannel. you could run into problems if the grille comes into contact with stuff when the door is shut. thats what the problem was with my range rover. depends on your car. I heard glass wolf say the other day that if you have loud subs rear fill is not really necessary. but its all up to what kinda sound u like i guess.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

My 1 12 Atom...

Post Number: 11285
'''what do you mean surface mount?'''

if inside the door metal the hole is too small (& u cant cut the metal) then u can cut into the grill\surface of ur door upholstery & mount it on the upholstery itself ...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us