Audioque or TC sounds

Silver Member
Username: Turnmat

Post Number: 122
Audioque Hd315 sub or TC sounds TC-5200...

what sub would you guys recommend? money is not a problem. I have a Hd315 right now but was wondering what you guys would recommend

Silver Member
Username: Oleg

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 859
why are you looking for something else if you already have the hd3?

Silver Member

Post Number: 126
just looking to see what sub you guys think is better

Silver Member
Username: Trey4sports

Post Number: 974
tough call both are great subs. comes down to install i think. whats ur power/ electrical system look like?? i think for the money id stick with AQ

Silver Member

Post Number: 975
oops i just now read that money isnt a problem...just get a 5200 and then sell the sub u like least

Silver Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 838
Not fair to compare those two. The 5200 has a 4" coil, 60 pound motor , dual-layer 10" spider, and is 2000RMS. It is a beast. And it is also $250 more. If money is no object buy a 5400 and throw a Zapco REF1100.1 on each coil and it's f!cking over

Silver Member

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 887
or ck9.0x - i want pics of that WHEN you get it!!!

Silver Member

San Diego

Post Number: 844
LOL Oleg that is $7200 in amps. But he did say "money is not a problem".

Silver Member

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 888
i was hoping that 1 underrated c2k9.0 will do the job at 4ohms? i think he should be able to get one under $2K.

Silver Member

San Diego

Post Number: 847
Nah man I was just joking and saying he should get one REF1100/1 per coil. Remember the 5400 is a quad

Silver Member

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 890
5400 is dual 2, 5200 is quad

Silver Member

San Diego

Post Number: 850
You're right I always mix those up.

Silver Member

Post Number: 976
either way, beastly setup...

Silver Member

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 891
5200 has more SPL though...matt are you getting these subs????

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 5609
God I'd love to try an LMS-5400 for a HT application. $875 is quite steep though. Not to mention the amp needed to supply 2500wrms. The 15" TC-2000 is only $300. Not bad. Interesting.

Silver Member

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 895
Yeah, you're looking at $1600 at the very least if you're getting a quality amp for it.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5610
If it's worth it, I'm game.(Waaay just kidding).

I would like to try something smaller though, like the TC-2000. Just for kicks/comparison. I've never heard a TC sub. I'd like to.

Silver Member

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 896
If you do it, i say shoot for tc-3000. BTW I'm putting in my tc-1000s in soon...as soon as mr. potts gets me my box and it has been quite a delay. it's a month now and i won't get it for another month. i'll post pics of all the stuff when i install it.

Silver Member

Post Number: 127
i am looking at getting either another hd315 or one tc 5200 in like a month or so...but the biggest alt i can do is a 300 amp alt so i am not 100% if that would be enough power for a amp for the 5200

Gold Member

Post Number: 5613
I'll be looking for them. Starting to really like the toys on TC's playground/website.

Shame some of it is out of stock.

Silver Member

Post Number: 129
so what do you guys think 1 15" TC 5200 or two HD315's

Silver Member

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 899
300A alt is pretty powerful, so you can definitely get an amp for which this will be enough.

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 4723
hows the tc-9? anyone ever heard one? it looks nice...comparable to the SSD?

Silver Member

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 900
Mark Potts said he heard one and it has excellent SQ - it has a pretty big motor, so I'm sure it get can pretty loud too.

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 4726
awesome...they look real nice...thanks oleg

Silver Member

Post Number: 130
anyone? two Hd315's or 1 15" TC 5200

Gold Member
Username: J_baby15

DiRtY 5oUtH ...

Post Number: 1583
haven't heard much good about TC sounds b/c I considered those. Most ppl told me they do a better job buildin Eclipse subs than they do building their own.

Silver Member

Post Number: 131
damn that sucks...looks like i will be sticking with Audioque

Gold Member
Username: J_baby15

DiRtY 5oUtH ...

Post Number: 1585
just wat i've heard...I love the way a LMS5400 looks tho, I would definately get one for a HT set up if I had the cash...but as far as car use i haven't heard too great about em.

Silver Member

Post Number: 132
yea i have a 2003 dodge intrepid...yea the lms5400 looks pretty badazz

Gold Member

Post Number: 5627
It sure does!!!

Upload
Upload

Silver Member

Post Number: 133
yea i think i am just going to go with another hd315...but i am still debating so feel free to give your opinions

Bronze Member
Username: Visitor01

Post Number: 54
what you have heard is complete bullsh it... if tc lacks in any one catagory- it is customer service... , products are absolute top notch!they did have a problem with the old aluminum cones, they acknowledged it, and fixed it (by going to titanium cones) for the gentleman asking about the tc9- that is a VERY solid mid level woofer (excelent sq, and good output) for lower power apps. The 5200 is a VERY nice spl woofer (that happens to have some nice sq!)it uses the very powerful 4hp motor... One 18" 5200 in a 3.5 cuft box, in a jeep cherokee put up a consistant 155.x #... (a member of many forums- goes by the name of "snoopdan") not a bad # for one sub, if you ask me! (and yes, it was a daily driver box, although tuned a little high for most tastes) the 5400, on the other hand, is a top level sql woofer, that leans heavily on the sq side. Huge, inefficient, and absolutly awesome! ( i personally use 1- 18" in my home theater) amazing sounding, not really that practicle for a car though (requires a fairly large box, and just soaks up the power!) the tc-3000 is (imo) the best, most practicle sub for car audio (and this is coming from a guy who runs 5200's!), as it requires a small box (as does the 5200), and a modest amount of power (1000-1500 watts is PERFECT, something you certianly cant say about the 5200, lol)The 10" spiders are also a nice feature! sorry for writing the short book, and i certianly hope i helped you out in some way! also- if anyone happens to live near me (southern mn/wi border) and would like to hear some tc sounds drivers, i would happily oblige! ( I run 2 18" tc 5200's off of 2 rf t30001's) will be about a month before its all up and running, though...

Silver Member

Post Number: 134
that helps alot and i didnt mind the book at all very informative...but the question still remains another HD315, 1 15" TC 5200 or two 15" TC 3000's

Silver Member

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 904
If you didn't have 2 HD3's, I'd say go with 2 TC-3000s. But since you already have an HD3, just get another one if that's what your lil soul desires lol jk

Silver Member

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 905
I meant to say if you didn't already have 1 HD3

Silver Member

Post Number: 135
lol...ok so now i know what subs i am going with but should i port the subs into the cabin of the car or to the rear?

Silver Member

Santa Monica, CA USA

Post Number: 906
That'll probably the most efficient.

Silver Member

Post Number: 136
my "lil soul" desires 160 dbs...lol

Bronze Member
Username: Visitor01

Post Number: 55
Good luck! audioque is VERY nice as well! Do you mean face the subs to the front or rear? (you said port, so i was just clarifying).. Personally, i would face to the rear, although facing front can sound nice, if you completly seal off the trunk....

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 1876
If you desire 160DB and you're in a no wall...get yourself at least 6 of the HD3s and do a damn good install.You're going to need between 30-40 RMS as well.You may not even hit it with all of that.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 1877
30-40K RMS is what I meant :-( I don't see the edit feature.

Silver Member

Post Number: 138
i was going to have the subs either mounted on top of the box or on the back (most likely on top) sealing off the trunk and have the aero ports pointing in toward the cabin of the car...unless you guys have any other suggestions
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us